Flute Noise

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

#1 Cboat1975

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

Hello everyone. First thing first.  I'm new here so I hope that I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm the type of guy who has to have some sort of proof to believe that something is out there. Rather it be ghost, aliens or whatever else.  I like most people out there have lost loved ones and have always hoped that their is and will be life after death. My mother believes in ghost and even claims that her house is haunted. I must admit I been over there allot and I too have seen and heard some strange things, but have chalked it up to it being something else. So I guess you can say until a book fly's by it 'self and hits me up side the head I will not believe in ghost.

However within the past month strange things have been going on in my apartment. And I must admit has me and my wife scratching our heads.  

One day in the early part of last month me and my wife where getting ready to go out. I had finished and went into the living room, she stayed in the bathroom finishing up fixing her hair.  About five minutes had passed since I went into the living room when my wife came out of the bathroom and looked at me in a strange way. She then asked me if I had any music on and I said no, in fact nothing was on. I was just sitting there on the couch reading a magazine.  Then she said that a song came on out of no where. I asked her if it was on the radio and she said no, the radio was off. I laughed a little and told her that it was most likely a neighbor playing a song and she must of heard it threw the wall or vent. She then told me that no I didn't understand that it sounded like it was in the same room as her. I just kind of shrugged and told her not to worry about it.

Five days after that I was in the bedroom by my self and the same thing happened to me. A song came on out of no where and it did in fact sound like it was in the same room. I put my ear up against the walls to see if I could hear any vibration coming from the neighbors wall. I felt nothing. I then went out side to see if I could hear the music from out side and nothing. I came back in the apartment and went back to the bedroom and heard nothing. When my wife came home later on that night I told her what happened. And of course she mocked me as I did her. LOL. She then asked what was the song I heard and I told her that it sounded like final countdown by Europe. Her eyes got huge and said that was the same song she heard. I laughed a little. The rest of the night nothing strange happened. It fact nothing happen until two weeks ago on a Sunday morning.  My wife was in the kitchen making coffee and I was just waking up. As I set on the bed I heard the sound of a flute. It sounded like this Native American flute that me and my wife got my stepdaughter. It was three notes and it repeated twice.  I told my self that it must be my step daughter playing music, but then I realized that my step daughter was not there. She was at her dads for that weekend. I told my wife about it and she said I must be hearing things.

Well last night around 11:45pm or so it happened again. The same three notes with the same sound. I set up in bed to hear where it was coming from. Only this time my wife heard it too. We both went into my stepdaughters room. It was coming from there. We both assumed it was her sneaking out of bed playing her flute. It wasn't she was sound asleep. And yes the flute noise was still going on. As we got close to the flute that was sitting on her dresser it stopped.  Needless to say I was a little freaked about it. So was my wife. So much neither one of us went back to sleep.

Before I even start to say that this is a ghost, I want to get some opinions on what you guys might think this is. Also has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? Also are there some cheep ways that a inexperienced person like myself can do in trying to prove what this is?

Thanks so much for all of and any of your help.

#2 Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

Firstly, welcome to the board :)

I wanted to ask, was the flute you bought your daughter an old flute or was it new from a shop?
My Signature
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#3 trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

how old is the house, and what kind of heating system do you have?
(radiators particularly with a very tiny, high pressure leak, make some crazy weird musical flute like sounds.)
Maybe also check the plumbing system.
My Signature

#4 Cboat1975

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

@ ClarinaGStudy :  No, it's not old at all. Not for sure how old but from what I was told it was made recently.

@ trin:  Hey, thanks for the post. I'm not for sure how old this apartment is. I will look into it though. I had no idea that pluming could do that. However it would make since as I have noticed a drop in the water pressure from the sink from time to time.

#5 mat k

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:05 AM

Could it be possible the house is built on past indian territory?
My Signature

We Fall so we can pick ourselves up again

#6 Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

There are so many things it could be.  Houses/buildings make weird noises.  

It could be a vent (a fan vent, a plumbing stack, a dryer vent...).  It could be plumbing singing like Trin suggested (that actually was my first thought)... it could be your plumbing or it could be a neighbor's plumbing so it might have absolutely no relation to when YOU use water.  It could be the radiators singing.  It could be the wind blowing across something and causing a harmonic that can only be heard once it transfers through the wall inside.  It could be a neighbor playing music even though you've tried to disprove that theory.  It could be birds (and much farther away than you think they are).  You could have mice who are talking to one another (not literally... squeaking).
My Signature
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#7 trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

View PostCboat1975, on 06 May 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

@ ClarinaGStudy :  No, it's not old at all. Not for sure how old but from what I was told it was made recently.

@ trin:  Hey, thanks for the post. I'm not for sure how old this apartment is. I will look into it though. I had no idea that pluming could do that. However it would make since as I have noticed a drop in the water pressure from the sink from time to time.

yeah, there might be a PINHOLE sized leak (leaking mist and air pressure) close to the water heater even... and you could be hearing it via the pipes.  

This happened to an elderly relative of mine, "what's that whistling sound" he wasn't aware there was a pinhole leak down by the water heater, because he wasn't up to doing the stairs... it was a big mess, but fixed in an afternoon once we figured out what it was.

He also had a sporadic loss in water pressure, but hadn't connected that to the noise.
My Signature

#8 moiraesfate

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

I agree, it could be the pipes or anything else for that matter, but I have a small story to share regarding this.

When I was around 8 or so, my grandmother was babysitting my sister and I. My grandmother was in her bathroom putting curlers in, and being the bouncy little kids we were, we were running in and out bugging the living crud out of her and watching in fascination as she was doing her hair.

Suddenly both my sister and I heard "Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, its off to work we go" and the seven dwarves singing from Disney's Snow White. We got all excited and ran into the living room thinking there was a Disney song on. The song lasted all the way until we walked in to doorway. Then we saw it was the middle of a Chrystler commercial.

So we thought "awww that bites, we missed it" and went running out of the room again. No sooner did we get back to the bathroom where grandma was than the song started again. My grandmother couldn't hear it for some reason.

We ran out of the room thinking maybe we could catch it this time. Nooooo... this time it happened exactly the same as last time, but now it was a McDonalds commercial. At this point, I started getting a little creeped out (lots of ghost stuff happened at my grandma's, this is only one in a long list).

And then it happened again. I swear to you, the song was clear as if it were just outside the bathroom door and my grandmother still didn't hear it.

I found out later that my grandparents used to go to Disneyland every year when my grandfather was still alive. My mom thought it was maybe my grandfather trying to let us know he was there.

Oh and btw... I actually saw him once at the bottom of the stairs. He died about 10 years before I was born.

So are your sounds ghosts? I wouldn't be surprised if they are. But they could also just be your pipes transmitting sound.

#9 valpro99

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Full time UNIX Admin for Wall Street Firm and part time UH-60 Blackhawk pilot for New Jersey Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hey Cboat, any update on this?  Have you been able to figure out where the music is coming from?

#10 the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

@trin,

i know what you mean,  my grandmothers house had old plumbing, and in the middle of the night it would sound like someone was blowing a tuba.  it was shocking ebcause that house used to be haunted.
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

I would also check around for electronic devices that could be making these sounds.  The three note flute music sounds like it could possibly be something to do with a low battery.

Just a thought.

Welcome to the forum, Cboat. :)

Regards, Canis

#12 Releanapeace

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

Early this morning I awoke suddenly. A loud flute played three notes, then once more the same notes. I immediately felt annoyed, that my children must be awake and playing on a wooden recorder. I listened for another few minutes and realized, my children would have kept playing. Also, they wouldn't have played three notes so perfectly, then repeat the same notes a moment later. Stunned I leaped from my bed and rushed to my children. They were both peacefully asleep, undisturbed by the flute. I roamed the house in search of an intruder. Nothing. Not even my dog had so much as stirred. Baffled and unbelieving that no else seemed to hear the sound, I woke my husband up and described what had happened. He didn't even answer, he fell back asleep too quickly for a response. I know I heard a flute being played! I was even wide awake with annoyance when it rang again. High pitched, a low pitch, then that same first high pitch repeated at a shorter duration. I promptly searched for bird sounds thinking maybe it was a bird close to my window. But no match could be found. I know it came from the hallway though, not the window. It was loud and clear and only sounded twice. So I searched for an explanation and found this forum and another website I've posted this to. Can anyone think of an explanation? My house is not old, only about 13 years since it's construction. Our a.c. And heater are off. Maybe I've gone crazy.   Our accounts seem shockingly similar. I KNOW I heard a flute/wood recorder...

#13 Banshee302

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

one of your daughter's guardian angels got bored, and had to improvise, they didn't mean to frighten... I guess
My Signature
Posted Image

#14 Meleusedeseu

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:40 PM

Weird flute sound response;
Last night on 4/22/2016 around 11pm-12am my boyfriend and I we're lying in bed with dead silence (besides him talking my ear off).. I heard this flute sound; first the sound sounded regular, and then once my boyfriend heard it as well; the sound become melodic-like it sounded peaceful and beautiful; but after several minutes of silence and the flute sound coming from outside our bedroom window--the sound became uneasy and we couldn't sleep as it became a bit louder; has anyone came across this sound recently. I'm new to this website as well---i type in "weird flute sound from outside my window" through Google search and I found this topic; so please reply or message me at meleusedeseu@gmail.com for more information. Thank you.

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:22 PM

Hi Meleusedeseu, welcome to the forums :D

Can you give us some more info about what's going on.... how long have you lived in your current location? Have you experienced anything odd before? What made you uneasy about the music?
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#16 Nekropzi

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:33 AM

I realize this is a very old thread, but I signed up just to post on it for the same reason.

I'm new. So I won't type a long post, but I have been hearing a recorder flute randomly that originates from some unknown location. Its short 2 three notes and I have heard it enough to know it's not coming through the vents or caused by pipes. I live in an apt complex and you're asking how do I not know it's a neighbor playing the instrument? I dont know, but I have been having other weird experiences that is starting to make me believe it's not a neighbor.

I'm deciding to believe I'm not going crazy because I have two small dogs that have become extremely anxious and agitated when certain things happen or certain sounds. Both have recently had a clean bill of health. Granted one is 13 but I'm also choosing to say it's not her getting older because the other dog is only 2 years and she is also experiencing the same behavior.

So yes, if anyone has any thoughts about this flute recorder thing, I would appreciate the input. I'll just add that I hear random glass breaking/shattering. Too close to be outside or the neighbors and it's obviously not me, but maybe my brain shattering its sanity.

#17 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:15 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#18 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:26 AM

View PostNekropzi, on 04 August 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

I realize this is a very old thread, but I signed up just to post on it for the same reason.

I'm new. So I won't type a long post, but I have been hearing a recorder flute randomly that originates from some unknown location. Its short 2 three notes and I have heard it enough to know it's not coming through the vents or caused by pipes. I live in an apt complex and you're asking how do I not know it's a neighbor playing the instrument? I dont know, but I have been having other weird experiences that is starting to make me believe it's not a neighbor.

I'm deciding to believe I'm not going crazy because I have two small dogs that have become extremely anxious and agitated when certain things happen or certain sounds. Both have recently had a clean bill of health. Granted one is 13 but I'm also choosing to say it's not her getting older because the other dog is only 2 years and she is also experiencing the same behavior.

So yes, if anyone has any thoughts about this flute recorder thing, I would appreciate the input. I'll just add that I hear random glass breaking/shattering. Too close to be outside or the neighbors and it's obviously not me, but maybe my brain shattering its sanity.

I don't pretend to be an expert but my main study in paranormal investigation has always been audio. There's been a number of times where music or singular instruments seem to miraculously appear out of nowhere without explanation. This enigma has always intrigued me in orgin and to be perfectly honest without a validated source most of it is speculation.

It's still best to regard this enigma as a mundane origin. With further study on how sound is produced, hearing/frequency sensitivity, atmospheric conditions including sources of reflection, sound can invariably travel very great distances. On many home investigations, origins of sound that have been validated have come from locations far removed from one would even consider an origin.

I know this is of little help, but again I speak as a broken record, always apply logical explanations first. If you're lucky, you will locate the origin of a peculiar misplaced sound but more than likely you will be driven crazy especially once you apply alternate paranormal explanations. It will simply remain a huge question mark..

Edited by EVP, 07 August 2019 - 07:28 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,066 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostNekropzi, on 04 August 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

To throw this out there, dogs can hear a higher audio range than most people. I know this because, when tested, I could listen to well into the dog range. I can detect sounds emitted by most electrical-based equipment. As dogs can pick up a more extensive audio spectrum, it's possible someone in your building is using some device. And it's emitting a sound much higher-pitched which is undiscernible to you.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 07 August 2019 - 08:09 PM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

When do you hear it, during the day, night? Could it possibly be a bird?

The glass shattering, when do you hear this?

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com