Stuff Falling And Landing At Abnormal Distances

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 Orb2

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and paranormal investigation are my two main interests. Cyber-security degree in progress.

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

Hello all! This is my *first* topic here, so I'll try my best to describe what has been going on.

So, about a month ago a spring wreath that hangs in my house's entry way was on the floor when I came home from college. (Yes, I go home. Community college for General education) Now, I wouldn't normally think anything of it, but it laid (not sure what the proper form is there, you all probably know what I'm intending to say here) about two feet away from where it 'should' have landed if it had just fallen down. More of a weird occurrence than anything.
But now it happened again, with a clock this time. Same thing, except that the batteries were also knocked out of it (normal) but the clock landed about three feet away from where it 'should' have. Also, it went over the small dog kennel. (which it should have landed on, based on its height on the wall)

Both times the trajectories of the falling object would not have been that far, based on the height at which they hang on the wall (two separate walls. God I can't English today for some reason).

I also suppose (for accuracy) I should mention that the clock instance happened during a rather intense storm, where the thunder was house rattling loud. It's not like the clock was essentially fired from the wall like a shotgun (to go over the dog kennel), was it?

Now that you're done reading this, you should go see Endgame if you haven't already. :)

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

No, you write really well. It feels like you have been writing here forever and you have described the situation well too. I had an open duffle bag fall off the chair, it had been sitting on the chair for some time, it completely flipped and landed upside down with the contents of the bag still insitu.

As for Endgame, "What ever it takes". :good: :pop:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,066 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:43 AM

Thank you for posting about what's going on. Please, continue to do so, if anything else happens.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

Not trying to sound like a complete skeptic but keep in mind, if the wreath/clock are circular and/or have a level of bounce due to a rug or material it is made of, the fall away position could seem abnormal from the anticipated landing spot. If you have video to support the claim of poltergesit activity I'm sure we'd all welcome alternative explanations. Always exhaust all natural explanations first instead of looking deeper into a far less likely situation. I'm not suggesting unexplained events do no happen (I've had my share) but they are far less likely in occurrence. This will allow you to sleep more soundly at night :)

Edited by EVP, 30 April 2019 - 11:06 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#5 Orb2

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and paranormal investigation are my two main interests. Cyber-security degree in progress.

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:59 PM

Yeah it would have had to bounce/roll to be around two/three ft away from expected landing area. I'm fairly certain the wreath wouldn't have bounced/rolled. I've tried to visualize several situations that might have happened, but there is just too much space for it to have simply fallen off a flat surface, and maybe have enough momentum to flip forward. (giving it another approx. ft)

As for the clock, it could have bounced/rolled. But now the question is how did it fall for it to be able to bounce/roll over the dog kennel?
Reasonably, and logically, it would either a)fall straight down and maybe flip over from the momentum of the fall, or b ) fall, then have enough bounce to land on the kennel, and the small dog probably went crazy, causing the clock to fall off the front end of the kennel. But I don't think it would have had enough momentum to be able to bounce over the kennel and clear it.

Edited by Orb2, 30 April 2019 - 03:00 PM.

#6 EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

View PostOrb2, on 30 April 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Yeah it would have had to bounce/roll to be around two/three ft away from expected landing area. I'm fairly certain the wreath wouldn't have bounced/rolled. I've tried to visualize several situations that might have happened, but there is just too much space for it to have simply fallen off a flat surface, and maybe have enough momentum to flip forward. (giving it another approx. ft)

As for the clock, it could have bounced/rolled. But now the question is how did it fall for it to be able to bounce/roll over the dog kennel?
Reasonably, and logically, it would either a)fall straight down and maybe flip over from the momentum of the fall, or b ) fall, then have enough bounce to land on the kennel, and the small dog probably went crazy, causing the clock to fall off the front end of the kennel. But I don't think it would have had enough momentum to be able to bounce over the kennel and clear it.

The only way to further explore this enigma would be trying to recreate the event but your clock and wreath would never be same.
Carl Sagan said this best, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".
My Signature
Posted Image

#7 Orb2

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:05 AM

UPDATE: I've had another thing be moved from my dresser. It was a rosary that I had been given as a gift recently, and my door was closed when I left the house. No one else would/should have been in my room without me being there.

I don't have footage, as it all seems to happen when I'm not in the room, or out of the house.

#8 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:44 AM

LOL, you are lucky they just like moving things.

I had my marriage certificate disappear without a trace, I know it was something I wouldn't have thrown out but I could never find it! I always wondered if it might have had a little help at disappearing!
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

View PostOrb2, on 07 May 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

UPDATE: I've had another thing be moved from my dresser. It was a rosary that I had been given as a gift recently, and my door was closed when I left the house. No one else would/should have been in my room without me being there.

I don't have footage, as it all seems to happen when I'm not in the room, or out of the house.

maybe time for a camera or motion activated cam.  There are some inexpensive USB types out there.
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:49 AM

Would love to see what you could capture with a motion activated camera!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com