Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:02 AM

Fox News

Monk, Nuns Charged in Exorcism Death
Thursday, June 23, 2005

BUCHAREST, Romania  —  A Romanian monk and four nuns have been charged with murder after a nun died during an exorcism in which she was crucified and left without food for three days, a prosecutor said Thursday.

The case has caused an outrage in Romania. Daniel Petre Corogeanu (search), the detained monk, has been defiant, insisting he was trying to take the devils out of 23-year-old Maricica Irina Cornici.

She died last week in a northeast Romania (search) convent after she was bound to a cross, had a towel stuffed into her mouth and left without food for three days. The four were charged in Vaslui Wednesday, as people stood outside the prosecutor's office, with some supporting the monk and nuns and others calling for them to be convicted.

On Sunday, nuns yelled at a vicar who had come to suspend Corogeanu, 29, and scuffles broke out, the television station N24 reported. Riot police had to restore order. The Holy Trinity convent has been closed by the Romanian Orthodox Church (search).

"You can't take the devil out of people with pills," he said. "You cure [possession by] the devils with fasting and prayer."

He added the nun had to be restrained because she was violent, but he denied that she was starved.

Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt; Dance like nobody's watching!

#2 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

Awwwwww. This is truly sad. Have the monks there not heard of prayer, or purification with Frank and Myrrh, holy water etc? Makes me wonder if Maricica might not have simply been mentally ill, (and perhaps the monk was too)!
At any rate, it's a truly sad event.  Picture 518.gif

I will light a white prayer candle to help light this young ladies path across time and so that her spirit may pass over into peace and unconditional love, unhampered by evil.  

yes.gif
RH

#3 Nemorach

Nemorach

Official Thread Killer

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Interests:....escaping certain death on a regular basis....

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:19 AM

He added the nun had to be restrained because she was violent...

Um, I'd be violent too if someone was trying to crucify me.

Posted Image

Sheesh, you don't post for awhile and people try to take your title. Not yours, you can't have it.

#4 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:please pm me if you want any information psychic wise.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

Well there go my plans for Wednesday nem!  Thanks  fighting0072.gif

#5 kathy-marie

kathy-marie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:being as immature as I can get away with lol , music progressive house minimal house techno house , favourite haunt digital newcastle, best DJ John digweed !!!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

That is so sad, how can this type of thing still happen ?
the time when kids need the most love is when they are being at their most unlovable !!! same goes for ghosts I say . in awe of all you guy's advice ....... listen to your elders xxxxxxxxxx

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:56 AM

Here is an update on this case from 2014.

A local council official said the priest has now set up home in a wooden hut in the forest, which he refuses to leave.

Corogeanu was jailed in 2005 along with four other nuns who helped him with the ritual at the Tanacu monastery in eastern Romania.

There is also a disturbing video of the poor victims funeral
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

I sometimes wonder if violent exorcisms are little more than torture-murders (with 'exorcism' as the excuse). Possession is something you deal with with prayer, chanting, laying-on-hands, incense, smudging, etc. Extreme violence isn't necessary.

Literally crucifying someone is not how an established church (Catholic, Orthodox, etc.) would do. Also; It would kill someone (Okay; Those guys in The Philippines are an exception but those crucifixions are done in a way as to not cause permanent damage. They're 'Crucifixion Lite').

No; I think all these "rituals" are simply torture-murders carried out against people who refuse to conform or submit.

I remember an alleged Muslim "holy man" in Pakistan who pummeled a little girl to death with a club. The parents brought to kid to the "holy man" for an exorcism and that horrible guy did THAT! I think he was just a murderer who liked to kill kids and was as much a "religious figure" as much as Harold P. Warren was an awesome film-maker, Gordon Ramsey a terrible cook or Godzilla a small adorable rodent!

The Clergy and Religious who did this must be the stupidest people in the universe to not think "Starvation & Crucifixion = DEATH!".

EDIT: I read the story, now. She wasn't crucified in the real "Nail then to a cross". She was tied to a cross and left to starve. Still awful, though.

You don't need to beat, torture, rape, stave, whip, crucify, poison, etc. a person as an exorcism.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 18 April 2018 - 05:07 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users