© Fisana

I Hope This Wasn't In Anyones Plans For The Future

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:54 AM

https://www.yahoo.co...-084634349.html
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:39 AM

I went to ParaCon last year but no plans for this year.  I'm thinking if I were a vicar or even a groundskeeper, I would be kicking people out because I know first hand how disrespectful people can be.  They go wherever they want, toss trash and cig butts and basically act like they own the place.

It is sooo wrong.
Happily Wacko.

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

There's a very desolate cemetery that I always loathe traveling to as I know garbage and desecration seem to grow as the years pass. I routinely pick up garbage at this location .The problem is, we easily become fixated to the "bad news syndrome".

In the first part of my tenure in the early 2000's a fellow investigator and myself traveled to several hundred cemeteries in the first couple of years. We began to recognize specific counties to avoid at all cost.  Routinely, we would call the local police and advise them of our intentions of spending a couple of hours investigating, volunteering personal information and we hever had a huge issue as long as there wasn't a curfew which some graveyards had posted. Once we exhausted a good number of cemeteries in CT., we began exploring out of state.

Our perspective changed in NY state where almost every graveyard barring a few in the northern part of the state had curfews and would not honor any admittance after dark. I can't speak for every amateur ghost hunter in the community but I ALWAYS was respectful and encouraged responsible behavior in our outings. Unfortunately, a lack of common sense has ruined many opportunities by the few that don't understand respect.

I believe there are active cemeteries and some have interesting histories but generally speaking most are benign or void of activity. There's an overwhelming belief by parapsychologists, graveyard activity most likely originates from imprints from the living visiting those that past on. There are exceptions of course but most of the activity I've found are imprints in dwellings.

One must honor the words "No Admittance", and just find other areas to investigate. It's important to remain respectful. We already have a tarnished reputation for so many reasons. Let's try to show good values in our community of study. That's the first step and the most important.

Edited by EVP, 10 October 2019 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:26 PM

Someone suggested that reading the history of parapsychology is always a good place to start.    Couple of centuries ago doctors, scientists and a wide assortment of scholars and professionals went out into the world to debunk mediums, seances, ghosts and found that there appeared to be something to it all.  The Society for Psychical Research (SPR) was founded in 1882.  There were six original areas of study:

-Thought Transference (Telepathy)
-Mesmerism (Hypnotism)
-Mediumship
-Odic Force (Table tipping and more) Photography & the Paranormal
-Apparitions and Haunted Houses
-Seances

And a literary committee to study historical accounts.  It's still in operation today run by a president and a council.

These were people who thought there were only certain kinds of ghosts/apparitions.  Most of it death related and it's all telepathic.   Yes.  Yes.  People are still applying those theories of the 1800;s to new theories in psi to this day.  Yes!  Now there are paranthropologist, parasociologists, the list is endless.  And consciousness is at the center of it.

I'll take a haunted house over all of it. I love the simple life.  lol
Happily Wacko.

#5 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:08 AM

I agree with him that the recent and still visited parts of his churchyard shouldn't be used on the tour, but his rant about the content of the tours clashing with his beliefs and how he asked them to change the stories to suit him comes across as zealous and selfish. The additional info of him purposely trying to disrupt the tours with prank voicemails  shows that he seems to be a childish,petty man.

I also agree with everything EVP said. Cemeteries in general do seem mostly quiet,peaceful places. There is sometimes a lot of rubbish, like dead flowers (although that has changed in my local one since they added more bins) and some graves do get toppled, but I'm not sure if that's natural deterioration through time/weather or vandalism. The key is to always be respectful and clean up after yourself.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:58 PM

A classic tale comes from a concerned Texas paranormal team that routinely cleaned up several cemeteries in the their county. One such cemetery had been meticulously cleaned. After they finished, the proud team wanted to make an image illustrating their toil. The group stood for a picture as one member took the picture and ran an audio recorder. Once they reviewed the audio, a young child could clearly be heard, "Say Cheese", as the shutter button was released.
Posted Image

#7 dash

dash

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:12 AM

cool ghost evp :good: