35 replies to this topic

#21 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:55 PM

Oh that was utterly terrifying. It was me, my sister and all my cousins. The oldest was babysitting and he had this bright idea to go into the hallway, turn off all the lights, and light a bunch of candles to tell ghost stories. Then all the doors and windows knocked at once. We all screamed and ran out of the hallway leaving all the candles lit and refused to go back even to go to the bathroom until the adults got back from dinner. But that house is so haunted it unbelievable. I think my grandpa is there (never met him, he died many years before I was born) but there's something else too. You can feel it when you walk in. And frankly the house is so sad. No idea why but even my mum mentioned it to me many times. Its not my gramma, it's the house itself.

#22 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

Moiraesfate, wow all doors at once? That's pretty intense.

At my old home we had some knocking happen at all different times of the day and night, and it was in threes, and it was so loud it felt like the foundations shook. It happened for a few days and then it stopped. Maybe 3-4 times when I was at home, and I was usually upstairs and would look out the window to see the culprits and no-one would be there.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#23 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Yeah but it was weird, the whole house was rattling but as soon as we sat down in the living room, it all stopped. I'm thinking it was my grandpa telling us to knock it off. :)

I hate it when things do the knocking stuff. It's freaky.

#24 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

I agree, its one of the more jarring things that can happen.

#25 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Okay. I'm a bit shaken by all this.
I heard 5 loud knocks on my front door yesterday afternoon as I was taking a nap.
It startled the boinks out of me! I got up, went to the door and looked out but
no one was there. This has happened before. Back door, too! It's driving me crazy!
What is it? What does it want? Why is it here? How do I keep it away?
Peace

Posted Image

#26 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,291 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:12 AM

Just don't open the door and invite it in, even in fun.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#27 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

Are you religious, CK? If so, I'd go to your religious leader and ask for some Blessed/Holy water and sprinkle it on the inside and outside of the doors. If this is caused by spirits,  that might deter them.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#28 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Since you were taking a nap it's quite possible you were dreaming or experiencing a hypnogagic/hypnopompic hallucination.

#29 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,291 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

Okay then... is it always when you're napping or waking up from sleep, Captain?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#30 GhostSl4yrCorb

GhostSl4yrCorb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, UFO Slaying, Sharks

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

This same thing actually happened to Aunt Darla the 6 days leading up to her heart attack, which led to her stroke which led to her death. She was awoken and startled many times by a knocking on her door and fridge and matress, but when she checked it nobody was there. She even had me come over one night and I heard it at the same time as her. It would seem as if this is the spirits coming to warn you, or get to know you before you do perish, so you don't have that awkward moment of meeting and not knowing them.
- Stay Sl4yn' my friends,
Corbious "The Ghost Sl4yn' Monsta" Warbono

#31 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 18 May 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Okay then... is it always when you're napping or waking up from sleep, Captain?

Usually napping or waking up from sleep.
Peace

Posted Image

#32 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 18 May 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Usually napping or waking up from sleep.

Here's a link that you might find helpful...

http://www.nosleeple...hallucinations/

#33 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 18 May 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Here's a link that you might find helpful...

http://www.nosleeple...hallucinations/

That's very strange. I'm not given to hallucinations.
Thanks for the link. I'll read it now.

WOW! That sounds disturbing, especially that part about dream images intruding into wakefullness.
I will discuss this with my Doctor.....once I get one.
Peace

Posted Image

#34 Snickers

Snickers

Apport

• GS Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

This happens quite often here. We hear a knock on the door, the dogs go running and barking, and when I get to the door no one is there. Also I will hear the door open and close, but when I check to see who came inside, no one is there. Sometimes I will hear someone come inside and walk across the floor, still there is no one. And I relate to the car pulling in the driveway, and again no one. It has been going on for as long as we have lived here, 20 years. I don't worry about it anymore, but it gets old when I have to stop what I am doing to go to the door! We live in a very rural area, so it can't be a neighbor or kids playing. The dogs will look at me like they are confused. It is never three knocks though, just regular knocking. Sometimes I don't even go to the door anymore, unless I hear a second knock, or the dogs continue barking, then I know it is really someone at the door.  I would love to know what this is, but haven't found an answer yet.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#35 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

View PostBacklash, on 31 July 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Did an extensive search and wasn't able to locate anything on this. If it's in the wrong place or I'm searching wrong, please let me know!

This has happened to my brother and I twice (hopefully mentioning it won't bring notice again). Both times it has been at the back door and there were two sets of three knocks. We're certain it couldn't have been someone playing ding-dong-ditch.

The thought did occur to me that it might be prophetic according to what I've read on the topic ie, that someone close to you is going to pass. It also occured to both of us that there may have been a very, very slim chance that it was a friend that had passed many years ago that would mess with us by going around the house at night, knocking on the back door and our windows, in a game.

These only came to mind AFTER what I've been told & taught by my old-school Southern mom: if you hear knocking on the door at night, especially a door that isn't easy to get to that leads outside, NEVER answer or open it: you could let someone or something in.

Anyone else experienced this or heard rules concerning it?
I used to live in Arizona with my Grandmother and my Father. Almost every morning for years we would hear someone knocking on our front door. It was loud enough to wake us, some one would check and no one would be there. The strangest part was the  knocking would be on the wooden inner door which was covered by a locked screen door. There were also rocks being thrown at the side of the house by an invisible force. It was not neighbors because we had none.

#36 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 PM

Bibliophile, thanks for sharing that, I think that your experience is in a different category to some of the others, especially if there's more than one person in the home at the time, it's consistent, and it's not when you're falling asleep or waking! I've definitely experienced both (whilst waking up and when you're wide awake in the middle of the day with others at home) and both are a little disconcerting in their own way.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users