#21 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image

The first image where everyone is gathered around, with the somewhat transparent person in the background can be easily explained with a few considerations. The camera taking the picture was most likely a low end digital camera or cellphone producing very low resolution images. Low resolution images typically have pixel blending as subject matter increases in distance.

Cameras do not see like the human eye. Surprisingly our eyes are substantially more sensitive to light and adjust quite well under low light conditions compared to a normal camera.

To fully understand this image, one has to understand how imaging is affected with light falloff. As the distance increases proper illumination requires substantially more power from the light source. In photography it's called the inverse square law. If light at one foot is considered 100% power at 2 feet light amounts to just 1/4 power. Here's a quick breakdown on light falloff according to distance.

1 foot = 100% power
2 feet = 1/4  the power
3 feet = 1/9  the power
4 feet - 1/16 the power

BTW - The image contains no EXIF data. As long as the data wasn't manipulated, there would be been much more information available in regards to camera settings.

As you can see light falls off quickly from the source and requires large compensations of light to properly illuminate, as the distance increases. A cell phone simply doesn't have enough light throw and the person is question, roughly calculating from the camera is at least 15 feet away. If that distance calculation of 15 feet is correct, light from the source would have approximately 1/225 it's original strength. Even with a stronger flash found on DLSR, the camera struggles quickly after 10 feet under near dark conditions. I suspect the light source might be a car headlight judging by the angle)

Long necks (within reason) are generally considered a feature of beauty in women and photographers use several tricks to accentuate the quality. That can be accomplished with camera angle and focal length of the lens. Although the last image that Jim has posted directly above me looks like the liquefy tool in Photoshop has been used for exaggeration purposes. I'm not suggesting that some people don't have long necks but that guy looks like he's been grazing with the giraffes :)

Edited by EVP, 24 March 2017 - 03:37 AM.

#22 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

View PostEVP, on 24 March 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Although the last image that Jim has posted directly above me looks like the liquefy tool in Photoshop has been used for exaggeration purposes.

So now every photograph posted on these forums is suspicious.

Posted Image

#23 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

All images should be treated with careful analysis as long as pixel editing software can be used. Photo retouching/manipulation is commonplace with digital art. Without a discerning eye how can one be credible?

Posted Image

I'm not very proficient using the liquify tool in Photoshop CC, but this took a matter of a minute to do this subtle neck length change.

Edited by EVP, 24 March 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#24 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

I'm more weirded-out by the mystery-guy's head/face.

However; You guys give some good explanations.
Posted Image

#25 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,247 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

I'm still thinking that it's a security guard.... and maybe he's off duty. His clothes look the part. and with the large black belt its seems to suggest it. Maybe ghost security.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#26 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,175 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

He's making sure they aren't drinking Lite Beer
Posted Image

#27 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

I agree with Jim it looks like a security guard - but I can't tell if he's looking towards the camera or away? Something about the top part of his image creeps me out.

*edit** on another look, it appears like he's looking at the camera with his head angled weirdly, now I'm creeped out even more!

Edited by earthlydelites, 25 March 2017 - 09:54 PM.

It's in the trees, it's coming!

#28 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:34 AM

Cropped, enhanced and enlarged for better clarity.
His belt does seem to have some things attached to it like a security guards belt.

Oh, and I like what appears to be a ghost face with a striped tongue in the window pane next to his head.  B)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:14 AM

My instinct is that it's a mannequin or an effigy with normal clothes on, the pose looks too awkward for a person.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#30 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 26 March 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

Cropped, enhanced and enlarged for better clarity.
His belt does seem to have some things attached to it like a security guards belt.

Oh, and I like what appears to be a ghost face with a striped tongue in the window pane next to his head.  B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I assumed the "belt" was simply the top of that woman's curly hair (with some roots-growing-in action, hence the darker color. Remove it and her head and hair would be awfully flat).

An yes; I see the Pixel-Monster-Tongue-Face....
Posted Image
Posted Image
....Here's my outline. I resembles Marcus Bachmann crossed with Kim Jong Un and he has one fang and a very fat snake tongue (though it's likely just pixels).

Now; While I understand all that stuff about lighting and stuff, the more I look at the guy's head and face the more WRONG he looks.

Forget the long neck! Look at the head and face. It's tiny and mangled....
Posted Image
....Here's my rendering.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 26 March 2017 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image

#31 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

[There's a limit to how many pics I can post in one post so I'll continue, here....]

This thing is fascinating even from a "Look at the weird photographic pixelation artifact weirdness" point of view....
Posted Image
....There seems to be a faint double of the figure along with other "Tongue-Guy" faces and maybe a cartoon owl....
Posted Image
....who may be a "Tongue-Guy Face"....or they're all doubles of our cranially-challenged Mystery Guy.
Posted Image

#32 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,175 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

Just goes to show how pixels can cause pareidolia
Posted Image

#33 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 26 March 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Just goes to show how pixels can cause pareidolia

Exactly!

Also is the "original" actually the original? I have a feeling it's actually been lightened quite a bit.

If you look at the people closest to the camera there doesn't seem to be much detail in their faces so someone that far away is going To have even less detail. He could have been walking by and that could have caused certain areas to look strange.

#34 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 26 March 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Exactly!

Also is the "original" actually the original? I have a feeling it's actually been lightened quite a bit.

If you look at the people closest to the camera there doesn't seem to be much detail in their faces so someone that far away is going To have even less detail. He could have been walking by and that could have caused certain areas to look strange.

Makes sense on all counts.
Posted Image

#35 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,175 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

I  learned early on when I first started investigating about darkness and pixels. many of my first photos had a lot of dark in them. So I brightened them, only to find the dark areas that were lightened introduced tons of pixels and distortion. I thought they were faces, then quickly realized what it actually is.
Posted Image

#36 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

I'd imagine that the original photo looked something like this....
Posted Image
....I simply darkened it.

Here's the Mystery Guy....
Posted Image
....in the above darkened version (enlarged a bit).

Edited by SpukiKitty, 26 March 2017 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

I'm still going with the dark area being a belt (some of it could be hair). And I see what looks like a handcuff case on the left and maybe a flashlight hanging down towards the middle. So to me it looks like a real security guy. And as mentioned, the strange areas of the guy are due to heavy pixelation due to the darkness and the distance away from the camera.

However, the window image still fascinates me... especially after seeing SpukiKitty's outlines and enhancements!  ;)
Posted Image

#38 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

wow there's so many great things that you can highlight in the pixelated blown up version! It's great!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users