• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mrward66

mrward66

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:14 AM

This is an recording taken in the lounge of 30 East Drive, there were 10 of use calling out and I picked up what sounds like 2 voices after the lady stops speaking.

I believe the first voice says
Spoiler

I believe the second voice says
Spoiler

I am not that proficient in using Audacity to make the evps louder or clearer, so first file is with no enhancements, the second file has noise reduction applied.

https://soundcloud.c...t-drive/s-UnT4C

https://soundcloud.c...ced-ver/s-0ph2X

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:46 AM

I listened to both audios
Spoiler

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

Without looking at the other spoiler tags, I hear either  
Spoiler
or
Spoiler

Posted Image

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

I can confirm this sample contains the characteristics of a true EVP. I'd be happy to refine your sample but I need your permission first. Any background history on this location could prove to be beneficial if we're able to come to some agreement as to what is being verbalized.

Edited by EVP, 01 August 2019 - 05:53 PM.

Posted Image

#5 mrward66

mrward66

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:31 AM

Hi EVP, yes please do what you can to refine the audio. Do you need the original wav file?

Regarding history on the location. 30 East Drive is a semi-detached house in Pontefract, Yorkshire. There are many reports of poltergeist activity. There is a wealth of info on this location on the Internet.

The night I was there, not a lot happened apart from a few taps and knocks and the odd light anomaly. On reviewing my audio recordings I heard this possible EVP. I believe there are two different voices picked up, a quieter voice followed by the louder clearer voice. Please let me know if you need any more information or the original wav file.

Thanks.

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

View Postmrward66, on 02 August 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

Hi EVP, yes please do what you can to refine the audio. Do you need the original wav file?

Regarding history on the location. 30 East Drive is a semi-detached house in Pontefract, Yorkshire. There are many reports of poltergeist activity. There is a wealth of info on this location on the Internet.

The night I was there, not a lot happened apart from a few taps and knocks and the odd light anomaly. On reviewing my audio recordings I heard this possible EVP. I believe there are two different voices picked up, a quieter voice followed by the louder clearer voice. Please let me know if you need any more information or the original wav file.

Thanks.

It would be better if you could supply the wav. Soundcloud's only option is mp3 at 128. I prefer to have as much frequency response intact as the compression with mp3 will remove a portion of the original frequencies.

Edited by EVP, 02 August 2019 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:24 AM

I am really interested to see what you come up with EVP and thank you for the added history mrward66
Posted Image

#8 mrward66

mrward66

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:34 AM

The wav file is 1.13mb in size so unable to upload, can I email it to you?

#9 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 06:32 AM

View Postmrward66, on 02 August 2019 - 03:34 AM, said:

The wav file is 1.13mb in size so unable to upload, can I email it to you?

PM sent.
Posted Image

#10 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:31 AM

Hi Mike,

Over the years my refinement of anomalous audio files has become simplified. The more filtering one induces into the file, the more it ALTERS and changes the original properties. I essentially amplified the file within it's limits, reduced some of the noise created by the amplification and then marginally slowed the file making it easier to recognize what is (allegedly) being said. It's common for the pitch and or the speed of the words to be accelerated Thankfully your original file had a fairly clean noise floor.

I've only isolated one section of the audio file. You may not agree with my interpretation but the first part of the two part file I believe was a stomach gurgle either by you or another person present. I've recorded hundreds of hours over the last 13 years and frequently these rather unavoidable entries find their way into audio snippets. This is why I did not include it in my refined sample.

30 East Drive Refined EVP

As my controls progressed I quickly added a requirement that all investigators were adequately fed prior to the investigation. Concentration was also minimized during an investigation if an empty stomach wasn't appropriately taken care of. This control or safeguard wasn't foolproof but it reduced the demonic stomach growls. Many of these bodily functions were not observed until we began including dedicated condenser/phantom powered microphones into the equation. On more than one occasion, the equipment was sensitive enough to pick up a investigators heartbeat during a passive audio session.

During my analysis stage, I determined the averaged frequency response for the snippet was 258 Hz. This is within the human range of speech but in the lower frequencies. Humans typically range between 400-8000 Hz during their word formation. That may sound like an extreme but opera singers as an example have a considerable range. The real defining characteristics of EVP/AVP is the extremely flat vocal banding noticeably in the frequency spectral. Your sample made it very easy to make that immediate determination because of its relatively low noise floor and dynamic characteristics.

I have just two suggestions for you if audio becomes a staple for your investigations. I'd recommend buying a recorder that is capable of recording real-time so monitoring can be incorporated into your methodology. In my opinion a shortcoming with many investigations is the lack of this procedure. It's self defeating if you want true communications from both sides. It's the equivalent of dialing someone, asking a question and walking away from the phone. Use a pair of headphones to monitor. I don't believe your sample was aural voice phenomena because of the frequency response but it might have been a missed opportunity if you weren't monitoring real-time. AVP (aural voice phenomena) seems to hold an additional  property of frequencies bordering the 100 Hz range. In my research AVP is where you find real time interaction with asking questions or phrased differently, an intelligent response. They are EXCEPTIONALLY rare but they do exist.

My second recommendation is to keep your questions shorter otherwise you can easily have something over-talk on your words. Also try NOT to use questions that volunteer answers with yes or no responses. Include two different types of audio sessions in your investigations, passive & interactive. In passive, I identify my intentions and try to sooth a worrisome entity if intelligent by assuring them my intentions are genuine to help and tell them they have 10 minutes to express themselves. I also include these words before I go into silence. "If there's a message you want to pass on to a loved one, I will do my best to accommodate you".

In the interactive session I usually ask only 5-10 questions (depending) and allow 30 second intervals between. This gives adequate time for the energy manifestation for a response. Interactive sessions should typically last no more than 5 minutes. I've adopted this procedure from the late great Sarah Estep who brought EVP research to North America. She worked with two great EVP pioneers Friedrich Jürgenson & Dr Konstantin Raudive from Europe who I have equal respect for.

I will be posting this on PS's forum as well. I'd appreciate your response on the forum so others know that I've addressed your sample appropriately.

I have looped your snippet three times. I wouldn't over listen to it but this is MY DETERMINATION as to what is being said. Your mileage is likely to vary!

I hear......

Spoiler

I will be wrapping these words in a spoiler tag to minimize my influence.

Thank you also for providing additional background information. That location is VERY interesting and from what I understand that active place is booked a YEAR in advance because of it's popularity.

Regards....

Edited by EVP, 02 August 2019 - 09:46 AM.

Posted Image

#11 mrward66

mrward66

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:14 AM

Thanks EVP for taking the time to do this, it's much appreciated as is the suggestions for future investigations.

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

haha with EVP's version I hear
Spoiler

Posted Image

#13 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostVlawde, on 02 August 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Got to love flat vocal banding Vlawde :)

I think we can delegate a Class "B" with this one for sure

Edited by EVP, 02 August 2019 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostEVP, on 01 August 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

I can confirm this sample contains the characteristics of a true EVP. I'd be happy to refine your sample but I need your permission first. Any background history on this location could prove to be beneficial if we're able to come to some agreement as to what is being verbalized.

Here's a couple of sites to check out about it.

The Black Monk of Pontefract, Yorkshire, UK

30 East Drive, Pontefract (The Poltergeist House)

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 02 August 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Thanks  Mac, I actually did after I surmised  the verbal conclusion. I try to research after in hoping of removing a bias that might be created with background information known prior.

Edited by EVP, 02 August 2019 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:31 PM

Now that is freaky

I now hear
Spoiler

Posted Image

#17 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

I hear
Spoiler
Very fascinating. The voice does not sound like a living person to me.. cool capture and thanks so much for sharing !!

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-