© Fisana

The Wendigo

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

It was more than just an attack of the crazies. Li was a man that had a myriad of problems and he wanted to commit suicide by cop. He did not succeed, but when in front of a judge to face charges, he pleaded with the judge to kill him.

That was an interesting article Night_Mystic, I think that Carlson may be reaching a bit on the "many parallels of the case" but it was very interesting!! Thanks for posting!!

#62 winchestersister

winchestersister

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi everyone, I originally joined this site because of this post.
I live about an hour from Fort Kent, Alberta (I live on a farm near Elk Point) and was planning on checking this story out this summer. If anyone from that area has stories or personal experiences and would welcome me and my colleagues (there are three of us interested in this story) into their home to share with us their experiences, it would be greatly appreciated. We are not doing this for any sort of fee or corporation, we are doing it merely out of our own personal interests in the "paranormal" and "weird". If anyone is interested in helping us out, please gimme a message an I can send you my email address.

~Katee

#63 hidden_in_a_tree

hidden_in_a_tree

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

I too am planning on checking out Fort Kent, so you're not alone winchestersister, lol.  I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of verifiable information that can be found floating around.  I also saw that one Creepy Canada episode, and when I chose to Google search the Fort Kent massacre, I got zilch.  I thought that there would be a huge amount of information, but I guess the authorities did a good job of hushing up whatever happened.  And as I believe, it happened twice: once to the people living on the commune, and then to Fort Kent itself.  However, even if it wasn't a 'wendigo' that possibly possessed the good doctor and he just went crazy due to grief, the town should still harbor many different spirits, I think.  It'd be fascinating just to go there to feel the different vibes.

#64 Leogirl13

Leogirl13

EVP

• GS Member
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:reading,dancing,cooking,music,movies,and antiques

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

I kinda buy into the whole "spirit" wendigo thing. I'm from a pretty sizable city in the south and I moved with my ex to ND. I swear there is something that just makes people act strange during the winter months. We lived in a fairly upscale appartment and I swear I had to call the cops more times than I can count for people in fights and I mean all out kill each other brawls.

I worked in a bar while I was up there and I've been in the bar business for 8 years and never dealt with the amount of fights and just generaly weird/odd people. Granted some of them were entertaining but there were quite a few "please dear gods will you just get away from me" creepy people.

There's just something about the place that makes people weird and the crazy thing is it stops in the summer.
I am what you will be...

#65 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

I first heard about the Wendigo in a story about a short, beer chuggin' guy that called people 'Bub,' who was hunting for a huge, monstrous guy in purple pants. The Wendigo could've won if it wasn't for that little guy's regenerative abilities and adamantium laced skeleton and claws, and the indestructibility of the Hulk.

I used to read loads of comics. :) That was an awesome X-Men/Wolverine story.

#66 FortKentWendigo

FortKentWendigo

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

The Lost Town of Fort Kent summarizes all the events that happened in Fort Kent in the 1920s. If you want more information about The Fort Kent Wendigo you can find it on their Facebook page here.

https://www.facebook...247556708648980

#67 Nibimahingan

Nibimahingan

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Every band has thier own version of them.
Posted Image

#68 Vilkas

Vilkas

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hello, I also joined this group just because of this fascinating tale. I have been doing a bit of digging and have had no luck finding any information on this tale apart from the same basic accounts which are sadly devoid of any citation. I have had no luck thus far finding any information on Thomas Burton or William Blake (mind you they are about as common of names as John Smith).
At this point I am naturally skeptical about this tale and have a gut feeling the whole story may either be bunk or alternatively a creative explanation for mass deaths resulting from the alleged epidemic that swept through Fort Kent. It is common for communities ravaged by disease to ascribe the deaths to some manner of monster (such as how an outbreak of tuberculosis was understood as vampire attacks in colonial Massachusetts).

Either way, seeing that plague is the catalyst in this tale if the massacre aspect proves true (but has been hushed by the RCMP) or if an entire hamlet was wiped out by disease than it would seem prudent to first investigate whether an epidemic occurred in the Bonneyville County during that time. It would seem incredibly unlikely that the cover up of these murders by local detachments of the RCMP would extend to the erasing year old records of the outbreak from all possible archives. Thus if we can find whether or not a plague swept through Bonneyville, Fort Kent, or even Northern Alberta in general in 1920-1921 we determine if there is even an initial kernel of truth to the tale.

Google attempts thus far have proven futile, as expected, but that is no deterrence. I plan to contact the Alberta Genealogical Society to see if I can get cemetery records for Fort Kent/Bonnyville County to verify whether there was a sharp upswing in deaths between 1920-1922 (adding a year for the RC to bury the dead).  Wish me luck.

Also, Helena, would you be able to prove the citations for the information you gathered on this case? It would help greatly in my investigation.
Thank you,
Kurt

#69 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostVilkas, on 03 July 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Also, Helena, would you be able to prove the citations for the information you gathered on this case? It would help greatly in my investigation.
Thank you,
Kurt

Prove the citations? Not really. It was all information that I found online, or it may have been in one of the books that I have in my personal library. Will do some digging, and see if I can't find that info for you. That may give you a start anyway.

#70 Vilkas

Vilkas

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thank you Helena, and my apologies I meant "provide", that's what happens when you stay up late without coffee and try to write lol. I didn't mean to sound challenging or crass. But any information you can provide would be great. And I will most definately keep you guys posted on any further information I can gather. Thank you for creating this thread, even if this tale becomes debunked its nice to have found a community for paranormal research with so many Albertans in it. Methinks this is the start of a new part time vocation.

Oh and on the earlier discussion a few posts back about modern day wendigo attacks, what are your guys' thoughts on the "Zombie Apocalypse" of 2012 with the numerous attacks of super strong and powerful snarling cannibals? Certainly wendigo was my first thought, especially after toxicology reports came up negative.

#71 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

No need to apologize! I didn't think you came across as crass or challenging at all!

I haven't had time to source out those links, but I will try to get on it this weekend.

As for the Zombie attacks, I thought I had read somewhere that the reason behind the attacks was a combination of a certain kind of fertilizer that was used on the marijuana plants.. You're speaking of the ones that were attributed to "bath salts" correct?

#72 Vilkas

Vilkas

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

I am, yes. But I do not believe that was the case. There were several rumors that floated around at the time, some of which were propagted by the news. But there were also cases of attacks, for instance the bus driver in China or the elderly man who ate his wife just prior to the infamous Miami attack who were not exposed to marijuana at all let along the particular fertilizer. Also, though symptoms may not have been exactly the same, within the area there would have been an increased volume of strange reactions within the pot-smoking community, perhaps even more cannibal cases within the same district (supplied from the same grow op). I am skeptical that there is a toxocological explanation for these attacks lest there have been far more cases than observed. Still, its as good of a theory as any at this time. I still wonder why no one has conducted a serious investigation into this instances. This is not vague folklore nor a singular isolated event but a series of events throughout the South US, along the east coast, the UK, and China. One would think it would catch the attention of Academia.

#73 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

The modern non-voodoo movie-type zombies aren't real. If an outbreak were to happen, it would be more like 28 Days/Weeks Later. They'd kill their victims, and they might eat them, but i doubt they'd kill them with the intended purpose of eating them.

#74 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:37 PM

I found a pic that looks most like what I saw all those years ago.
Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#75 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

Kinda reminds me of Voldemort with anorexia! :D
Posted Image

#76 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

I've heard of skeletons...  But that one needs to eat!  LOL

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#77 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

You two are too much... :th_sarcastic_blum: ;)

Posted Image

My Shop

#78 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

oh that's terrifying! I wouldn't want to see that!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#79 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

Yes, it scared me when I was a child. Especially the glowing eyes. Even now, I still get the heebie jeebies thinking about it.

Posted Image

My Shop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users