Are Your Pets Weird ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic

#41 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

I know a lot of us have pets, any new quirks to add?
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#42 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:05 AM

We had an emu come into the horses paddocks once and that was hilarious. One horse was so interested in the emu but scared at the same time! :confused0068: She couldn't take her eyes off the emu! She would leave the pack, as we tried in vain to get the emu out of the paddock. She'll follow us, both animals in full flight until the emu was almost out of their Paddock. but she would be so frightened (she had moved so far from the other horses and their security) that she would turn tail and bolt now with the emu is hot on her heels :confused0068:  as emu and horse race back to the other horses (which scared the heck out of the other horses that they would all scatter) and the process would start again. The emu could preempt the horse's frantic sharp moves as she tried to get back to the other horses (no straight lines for that girl... I think she was still trying to keep one eye on the emu). :New: The emus head and neck looked so funny because it would shoot off in the direction of the horse before the emu's body even thought of the move.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#43 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

:New:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#44 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:16 PM

It was funny the emu's whole head and neck would turn before its body and they are big.... My kids and I were grabbing sticks, banging them together, jumping up and down, trying to frighten the emu up and out of the paddock. We were exhausted by the time we were able to get it out.
My Signature
Posted Image

#45 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

To bad it wasn't the holidays... cause that's one BIG turkey. :lol:
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#46 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:26 PM

Emu's are scary, the are vicious!! I'd be running the other way hahaha
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#47 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

Yes, it was going for the kids one son had to jump the fence to get away lol.
My Signature
Posted Image

#48 karmacae

"Codladh samh?"

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Family, life, art and antiques

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:47 AM

My bird Shadow likes to imitate my husband. When he shakes his foot Shadow will bob his head to the beat. He copy's everything he hears. My boxer Basco is a smart alec. And my Bengal cat Aztec is evil. And my sons bird, Tyson thinks everything is hers. When she's out, she will attack you, yell owwwww then try to take what ever you have away. My son is the only person who can handle her at all.
My Signature
Ní thuigeann an seach an seang

#49 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:28 PM

Birds are quite the characters.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#50 Erithacus

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

My pets.

https://www.youtube....h?v=vK7Ow_RsQSw

#51 Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 07:08 PM

I had a little dog once, he lived to be eighteen years old. He would aproach his food bowl and then sit a few feet away from it. He would look to the left, then to the right, then behind him. After a few times doing this, he would aproach the bowl carefully and cautously. He would eat a few bites and then jump and spin and run, spilling dog food everywhere. I really think the ghost was pulling his tail! This went on for several months. It didn't happen everytime, but it happened a lot. If I happened to have company I would have them watch the dog. "why is he sneaking up on his food bowl" they would ask? When Teddy jumped and ran they would be surprised and say 'what the heck just happened?!' It was funny, though I suppose it wasn't funny to Teddy.

My austrailian shepherd lies. He goes to the door and barks. I stop what I am doing to open the door for him. He then looks at me and turns around and walks back into the house, never going outside.
My Signature
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#52 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

When I was little, we had a dog named Lilly, she was funny. She use to hide her doggy kibble all over the house, we would fune food under the bed, the couch, the cabinets, by the stairs, on the stairs lol. We had tied her cable to go outside around a tree, and she would run around the tree and stop when she couldn't go any farther, then bark at the house until one of us came out and lead her back around the other way, and if you weren't holding onto her collar, she'd clothes lined you behind the knees with her cable. She also kept bringing rocks into the house, we dunno where she got them lol. She was funny. One day she came in with bread. We don't know where the bread came from, we lived to far from our neighbors for it to be from them.
My Signature
Posted Image

#53 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

I had a Black Labrador named Ben. He always did his fetch act. He would bring you a stick and drop it at your feet, lower his front half to the ground, wagging his tail so hard his whole backend would wiggle, stare up at you, and continually look at you and then the branch until you picked it up and threw it. You'd play fetch with him, and when you'd stop playing, he'd look up at you and down to the stick. He'd do that for 2 minutes time, and if you don't throw it, he'll pick it up, walk away and chew the stick to splinters; all the while staring at you.

At dinner time, he'd sit on the back step facing away from the door and bend his head backward while he's whining and staring in at you. When my father was teaching me to pitch a baseball, if it went past my sister, acting as a catcher, ben would retrieve the ball. He'd do his fetch act and when I told him, "I don't mind you retrieving the ball, but do you have to drool over the whole thing?".His response was to wiggle even more, and I swear a huge grin came over his face.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com