Possible Shadow Ghost Capture

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,628 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:26 AM

Hey all!

So I was looking through pics from the few days I spent at my cousin's house in South Dakota last February and came across this...  Sorry about the lighting in the picture.  My dad was asleep in the back right room and I was trying not to disturb him.

I always loved my cousin's basement layout and had not been to his house in about 8 years, so I thought I would take a pic.  If you look at the circled area, you can see someone or "something" peeking around the corner.  I don't know if I caught a shadow man or not, and I also don't remember there being anything back there by that door, besides the plant that is right in front of it.  Also, the two little reflective balls of light that you see are coming from inside the bathroom - not paranormal.

I also attached the original - not zoomed in or edited.

What do you think?

On a side note, my dad, uncle, and I were in South Dakota at this time to attend our Aunt Betty's funeral.  Not sure if that adds to this possibly being paranormal

Attached Files

Posted Image

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:26 AM

It does look very strange, you might have caught something :yes:

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what others think :fright:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,509 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:55 AM

Interesting. Did you try to recreate the shot or see if there was something reflective in that area?
Posted Image

#4 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,628 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 30 January 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostVlawde, on 30 January 2021 - 08:55 AM, said:

Interesting. Did you try to recreate the shot or see if there was something reflective in that area?

No, I didn't get the chance.  I discovered the apparition around a month ago.  I'd have to travel 1000 miles to recreate the shot :/
Posted Image

#5 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 10:56 AM

Interesting capture.

There certainly appears to be something 'peeking' around the corner. This is quite clear on the first picture below. It even seems to appear that something breaks the line of the wall edge suggesting maybe a hand, or fingers, reaching around. In the lower image, you can also see a potential hint of colour to the lower part of the upper object and the 'reach round' is more apparent (although treat the colours with a bit of caution, as photo imagery would have been distorted slightly on zooming and applying brightness and contrast filters to look in closer).

What I do find interesting is that the main light source in the area appears to be behind the TV on the right of the picture. There is clearly no-one in front of the TV that could cast this as a shadow. With light from the TV being thrown towards the area of the object in question, it should not appear to go against the direction we would expect shadows to fall, which it does.

However, is it paranormal? Unfortunately, there are no further images posted to make any comparisons upon and purely for that reason, I will keep an open mind on this one at present.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for the analysis, titch2k6.

There's actually a window behind the TV, and it's covered by a black-out curtain.  If my memory serves me correctly, it was late afternoon.  That window is west-facing, so it would be showing the most light.

As far as the apparition...  The "reach-around" is weirding me out, and makes it even more compelling.  Very good eye!
Posted Image

#7 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 01:30 PM

That is one great mancave :good:

The two "eyes" have the same colour value as the lights in the upper right so I'm thinking it's just a reflection on what looks like a domed desk or floor lamp on a metal arching piece.

I don't see any "shadow" shapes either, I mean there are lots of shadows but nothing humanoid shaped to me so I'd call this light reflection in the absence of any other info :what:

But :thanks:  for posting it :yes:
- siguie -

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 02:43 PM

View Postsiguie, on 31 January 2021 - 01:30 PM, said:

That is one great mancave :good:

The two "eyes" have the same colour value as the lights in the upper right so I'm thinking it's just a reflection on what looks like a domed desk or floor lamp on a metal arching piece.

I don't see any "shadow" shapes either, I mean there are lots of shadows but nothing humanoid shaped to me so I'd call this light reflection in the absence of any other info :what:

But :thanks:  for posting it :yes:

So, what you're saying is, the "thing" peeking around the corner isn't out-of-the-ordinary?  Well poop...  Lol jk

Take a look at the circled area in my original post.  I still am not too sold on it being a shadow man or anything, but I also don't think it was a coat rack or a mannequin of any kind.

Also, the "eyes" are reflective dots of something coming from inside the bathroom, so they aren't connected to the "apparition" in question.
Posted Image

#9 titch2k6

titch2k6

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2021 - 03:01 PM

Just out of interest NightWalkerGStudy, was there anything around that corner furniture wise? Where does that section lead to, or is it a dead end?
Posted Image

#10 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 12:05 AM

View Posttitch2k6, on 31 January 2021 - 03:01 PM, said:

Just out of interest NightWalkerGStudy, was there anything around that corner furniture wise? Where does that section lead to, or is it a dead end?

From what I remember, there is a closet door around that corner.  Not really sure what else, as I didn't spend much time on that side of the basement.  I don't think there are any pictures or clocks behind that wall.
Posted Image

#11 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth. Manga Comic Artist,
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:04 PM

I see the shadow person as well. Peeking around the corner and what might be a hand grasping it. Great Capture!

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#12 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 03:20 PM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 31 January 2021 - 02:43 PM, said:

So, what you're saying is, the "thing" peeking around the corner isn't out-of-the-ordinary?  Well poop...  Lol jk

I turned my pareidolia sensitivity up to ELEVEN and I still get nothing :whistling:

It's just a slightly rounded shadow in a room with numerous light sources from a long exposure picture that needed to be zoomed so far to see the "thing" that it ... um ok srsly dude I'm sorry but I don't see anything ... I might be missing the pareidolia gene :bunny:
- siguie -

#13 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 03:32 AM

View Postsiguie, on 06 February 2021 - 03:20 PM, said:

I turned my pareidolia sensitivity up to ELEVEN and I still get nothing :whistling:

It's just a slightly rounded shadow in a room with numerous light sources from a long exposure picture that needed to be zoomed so far to see the "thing" that it ... um ok srsly dude I'm sorry but I don't see anything ... I might be missing the pareidolia gene :bunny:

Lol I understand.  Only thing I can say is look immediately to the right of the wall in the circled area.  Forget those plant leaves are even there.

View PostGothickangelCa, on 06 February 2021 - 02:04 PM, said:

I see the shadow person as well. Peeking around the corner and what might be a hand grasping it. Great Capture!

Thanks GothickangelCa!  It sure is weird!
Posted Image