• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 02:19 AM

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post it, but I wanted to ask anyone about this. Is it possible that one can accidentally bring about a being similar to that of Eldritch and Lovecraftian lore to your plane of existence.  If not then what the heck was in my room years ago?

For some context, I've had a series of lucid dreams, which allowed me to travel to different worlds.  Some of which alternate earths similar to this one.  At least a decade and a half ago I may have temporarily brought something back with me.  I was just getting out of a lucid dream and waking up, but it was still late at night so my room was naturally dark.  Needless to say, while spooky that wasn't the worst of it. Somehow I found my blanket over my face, so I couldn't see anything, but what I heard was so traumatizing that I was at a loss for words.  Something in the back of my mind was telling me "DON'T LOOK!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LOOK!!" For good reason too.  I heard this deep, growling booming voice call my name.  A voice so loud that just simply calling my name was enough to cause my entire room to shake up, like an Earthquake.  After it came and went, I could not Lucid Dream like I used to anymore. As though the voice alone did some kind of damage to my mind.

It leads me to believe that upon my adventures something followed me back. The very thing H.P. Lovecraft has nightmares about.

I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences and if so, how do I undo the damage it did to me?

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 29 September 2021 - 03:15 AM

View PostAceOfSpades, on 29 September 2021 - 02:19 AM, said:

I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences and if so, how do I undo the damage it did to me?

From what you story suggests, I'd be more inclined to rule it out as a mixture of a lucid dread and a hypnopompic hallucination. These experiences vary according to the person but several commonalities exist more importantly a unreal experience that seemed to be completely real. I'd be more concerned if this was something re-occurring. As to undoing the damage, I'd convince myself that is was a lucid conjuring of the mind and that you have nothing to fear. Convincing yourself that it was real and was damaging is an undesired psychological condition. There is little more powerful than someone's own fear.

Edited by EVP, 29 September 2021 - 03:17 AM.

Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,431 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 02:00 AM

Sometimes you never find the reason behind strange occurrences or how to change their effect, especially if they are a once-off occurrence!   Our state of mind and beliefs plays a part in how we accept and resolve them. What would work for me would be my belief that I have a higher power over the things that affect my life; I wouldn't allow it to manifest its negativity over my person.

I strongly agree with EVP. For example, I had an experience where I thought I was awake; it felt so real. I woke myself from the dream once I realised the people around me were decades younger than they were.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:48 AM

View PostEVP, on 29 September 2021 - 03:15 AM, said:

From what you story suggests, I'd be more inclined to rule it out as a mixture of a lucid dread and a hypnopompic hallucination. These experiences vary according to the person but several commonalities exist more importantly a unreal experience that seemed to be completely real. I'd be more concerned if this was something re-occurring. As to undoing the damage, I'd convince myself that is was a lucid conjuring of the mind and that you have nothing to fear. Convincing yourself that it was real and was damaging is an undesired psychological condition. There is little more powerful than someone's own fear.
First of all I want to thank you for being my first response, much appreciated, but I kinda disagree on both hypothesis and I'll tell you why.  Lucid dread implies that I was just waking up when it happened, when in actuality, while the blanket was over my face when I did wake up, I was wide awake the entire time it happened. I rule out hallucination too, because the way I see it, hallucinations only effect the eyes and sometimes the ears.  I felt this thing every second of it. I felt the room shake. The sound of the voice felt so loud that it felt as though it went past my inner ear and directly into my brain. Much of the reason why I think it is a being similar to that of an eldritch is because I have read that such beings have been known to drive people insane at the mere sight of it. So hypothetically, if I didn't see this thing and only heard and felt it, what sort of damage do you think it would do to me? Ever since then, I've rarely had a lucid dream anymore and at worst I don't even dream at all when I sleep. It's like I go to sleep and I wake up hours later, but due to time dilation it felt like I only slept for minutes, I honestly think I brought something back that I shouldn't,

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 01 October 2021 - 02:00 AM, said:

Sometimes you never find the reason behind strange occurrences or how to change their effect, especially if they are a once-off occurrence!   Our state of mind and beliefs plays a part in how we accept and resolve them. What would work for me would be my belief that I have a higher power over the things that affect my life; I wouldn't allow it to manifest its negativity over my person.

I strongly agree with EVP. For example, I had an experience where I thought I was awake; it felt so real. I woke myself from the dream once I realised the people around me were decades younger than they were.
That's what scares me, If I knew where this thing came from it might help me at least undo some of the damage,

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • 2,482 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:00 PM

You could have a portal (think like the skin walker ranch type deal) in your bedroom. If you are a person who OBE's (out of body experiences) when your physical body goes to sleep, you very well can be using that portal to other realms. So yeah, there is a very good chance you accidently brought something back with you, because we are humans, and humans make mistakes, even if we don't realize it.

Your best bet would be cleansing your home, open windows, light some sage, smudge your bedroom first, then the rest of the house. Meditate, visualize your entire room filling up with white light, clear out any negative energy left by the creature. And, if you have a mirror in your room, cover it with a clothe at night, they can be considered portals too.

As to putting this thing back where it came from, you may not be able to do that, it may not even still be there.

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:09 PM

Oh coooool! :yes:

So wait did you mean "Lucid Dream" or OBE like Mrs.Loops mentioned? 'cuz a lucid dream is still a dream that you make up, you just happen to be in control of what happens at the time. On the other hand an Out of Body thang with a portal in your room would be AWESOME :good:

Also I'd call back your visitor and get some recording equipment or atleast a cheap security camera to get some data. Perhaps you can talk it into destroying some enemies or sumthin or atleast bargain with it to see what it wants :yes:

Also I love Lovecraft :good:  but other than the book Eldritch Tales I'm not aware of any being being referred to as Eldritch by name though eldritch the term is used frequently but it just means sinister and or odd and commonly used in horror tales :yes:

Still I would investigate the portal idea and do some summoning :bunny:
- siguie -

#7 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:17 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 03 October 2021 - 02:00 PM, said:

You could have a portal (think like the skin walker ranch type deal) in your bedroom. If you are a person who OBE's (out of body experiences) when your physical body goes to sleep, you very well can be using that portal to other realms. So yeah, there is a very good chance you accidently brought something back with you, because we are humans, and humans make mistakes, even if we don't realize it.

Your best bet would be cleansing your home, open windows, light some sage, smudge your bedroom first, then the rest of the house. Meditate, visualize your entire room filling up with white light, clear out any negative energy left by the creature. And, if you have a mirror in your room, cover it with a clothe at night, they can be considered portals too.

As to putting this thing back where it came from, you may not be able to do that, it may not even still be there.
You're sort of right. But I don't think it's my room. I'll tell you why later in this post, but I want to give some context. I've only had one known OBE in my life. An astral projection that has happened to me by total accident. I fell asleep listening to a certain brainwave entrainment. I can't for the life of me remember which, but the resulting result had me knocked out of my own body. My headphones and the classic silver cord that is common among AP keeping me from floating away. I took the headphones off, which allowed me more freedom of movement. However it didn't last long. I have since tried to recreate the event to no avail.  Now in terms of this portal.  Before this particular incident, I've had what I thought at first were just very vivid lucid dreams. But certain things kept telling me they were more than that.  I've had them since I was 15 years old, but around that time they were sorta blocked by some entity.  Said entity was able to take on the shape of whatever one feared.  In this case, due to an incident with a rottweiler who put holes in my hand with his teeth, I was lucky no bones broke, but the incident traumatized me to the point where this entity would use that form to sorta kick me off. Anytime I ever had a lucid dream that involved some aspect of being in my subconscious. In one case my subconscious was shown to me  in the form of an apartment building style hallway. Each door representing certain aspects. One door representing dreams, one for memories, but one particular door that intrigued me was a door that had no name or number but "???". When I went to go open it this entity kicked me out.  The bites this time actually felt like I was bit for real. It was like a Freddy Krueger style situation. I was so afraid that this thing would kill me for real that either I don't sleep or try to have dreamless sleeps. One day when I was about 19, it went in for the kill, but something rescued me that day. I can't quite describe what she was. Whether she was a guardian angel in a familiar form or the real deal that just happens to exist in another universe where fictional characters exist, but it was Raven from Teen Titans. Specifically the Wolfman-Perez Era version.  Since then I've been trying to search for her. I've gotten lucky so far and discovered worlds in these LDs that I can only describe as both beautiful and dangerous. What caused me to see these worlds, was one specific lucid. I don't know how I got there, but I hypothesized that without that entity bothering me I somehow got into the ??? door.  Said place was a dark room inside a dark city and at the edge of it was a rainbow bridge. Similar to the Bitfrost from Thor, but the rainbow aspect of it showing more and said rainbow being the colours of the chakras. I remembered trying to cross that bridge before, but that was one of the moments that entity kicked me. But without it, I took no chances and made a mad dash towards whatever was out there. I made it to the end and I woke up, but it felt like I came back from a long travel. so I knew I must have made it somewhere.  After someone I knew passed I moved from the house I lived in at the time and into a new place. Said place was where I encountered the Eldritch.  However I have since moved from that place too. Where I live now, I've been able to relax more, but the Lucids have been between that event and up to today have been few. I've gotten some, sometimes and others I haven't.  This leads me to believe that whatever portal you say might be out there might not be in a specific place.  But rather it's either in or around a specific person. Me.  Not quite sure if I'm the portal or if something out there, is following me around. Opening at unpredictable times when it first happened, but it has since closed. Not by my hand, but by that thing.

View Postsiguie, on 03 October 2021 - 06:09 PM, said:

Oh coooool! :yes:

So wait did you mean "Lucid Dream" or OBE like Mrs.Loops mentioned? 'cuz a lucid dream is still a dream that you make up, you just happen to be in control of what happens at the time. On the other hand an Out of Body thang with a portal in your room would be AWESOME :good:

Also I'd call back your visitor and get some recording equipment or atleast a cheap security camera to get some data. Perhaps you can talk it into destroying some enemies or sumthin or atleast bargain with it to see what it wants :yes:

Also I love Lovecraft :good:  but other than the book Eldritch Tales I'm not aware of any being being referred to as Eldritch by name though eldritch the term is used frequently but it just means sinister and or odd and commonly used in horror tales :yes:

Still I would investigate the portal idea and do some summoning :bunny:

In the words of the late great Egon Spengler I think that would be extraordinarily bad.  To further research this creature I started getting more into Lovecraft.  I first got introduced to the lore directly from the South Park Episode known as "The Coon 2: Hindsight.". In which BP oil accidentally let Cthulhu loose and Cartman somehow managed to control him.  I don't think what came at me was that particular old one, but I think it's a very powerful being in it's own right. Later on I got officially introduced to Lovecraft through three movies. Color Out of Space, which came out last year.  The Re-Animator Trilogy, a series of horror comedies based on H.P.'s Herbert West Re-Animator.  Lastly From Beyond. Made by the same people that made the Re-Animator Series.  Think Color Out of Space if it were made in the 80s and the monsters were more Sentient.   Interesting stories, but I couldn't find anything pertaining to what I experienced.  I even once consulted a famous Lovecraft expert, to see if he knew anything about it, giving specifications on what the creature was capable and he pretty much handwaved it as most likely Cthulhu.

I fear though if I do try to summon it to communicate it, that just the mere act of opening the channels would not only do devastating effects on me, but would effect the whole surrounding area, maybe even the world and I know better than to mess with things like that.

#8 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 01:24 PM

View PostAceOfSpades, on 01 October 2021 - 09:48 AM, said:

I rule out hallucination too, because the way I see it, hallucinations only effect the eyes and sometimes the ears.  

Hypnagogic hallucinations effect more than your eyes and ears, they can make you see, hear, feel and even smell things that aren’t there.

I woke up at 3 in the morning to the smell of bacon cooking, it was so real that I got out of bed to make sure no one was cooking.

#9 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:28 PM

Twinkie theories be cursed you need more data so make contact and git some :yes:

Srsly yer lucky nothing ever wants to play with me :bunny:
- siguie -

#10 AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:52 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 05 October 2021 - 01:24 PM, said:

Hypnagogic hallucinations effect more than your eyes and ears, they can make you see, hear, feel and even smell things that aren’t there.

I woke up at 3 in the morning to the smell of bacon cooking, it was so real that I got out of bed to make sure no one was cooking.
I've had similar experiences, but I've also had experiences beyond that.  For example, I had a lucid where I just pigged out on a lot of chips.  When I woke up I could  still taste the salt from it, I could still feel my stomach full.  I didn't even eat until I actually felt hungry again, when by all intents and medical purposes I should have at least felt a pain in my stomach telling me I'm not full. That was hours after waking from said lucid.  This however is way beyond that. I felt the room shake. I heard the glass of my windows creek and no matter how hard I'll try I'll never forget that booming, loud, otherworldly voice. Especially considering it called out my name. Much of why I didn't even look, was because I was afraid that if it was, what I thought it was, I'd go mad just by looking at it.  But I think it did some damage anyway.

View Postsiguie, on 05 October 2021 - 02:28 PM, said:

Twinkie theories be cursed you need more data so make contact and git some :yes:

Srsly yer lucky nothing ever wants to play with me :bunny:
Don't get cocky. If these things are anything like their book counterparts, they are not something to be messed with. Just the act of trying to contact something like this directly is probably the most dangerous thing to do. What happened to me happened by sheer accident, that I at least know of. Yet, it was enough to screw things up with me emotionally, mentally and perhaps even physically and spiritually.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eldritch, haunting