Strange Way To Wake Up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:15 AM

I have had one experience seeing a shadow person that I can recall. I was 18. It had been during that time I had gotten close to my 70 plus year old aunt, having lost my mother when I was 10, being around my aunt reminded me of my mother in a small way. This particular night, I was going to sleep in her study room on a fold out couch next to her bedroom, as her grown son was staying there temporarily in the guest room, having just sold his house. Her and I retired about 10 pm. In her home, when she turned out the lights, it could be pitch black being at the time her house was on the outskirts of the small suburban town. I was asleep for roughly about an hour going on two when I woke to the strange sensation that my pillow was dragging from under my face as if it was being pulled, but then a quick moment later I realized it was my head that was moving backwards along the pillow and in fact my long braid was being pulled. I quickly sat up and swung in the dark to hit what I guessed was my cousin, although this was way out of character for him...there was no one there. He had not even came home. As a male nurse who worked alot, my aunt was never sure when he would turn up and told me she did not know if he would even be home that night. When I saw it was not him, I calmly got up and got in my aunts bed. (Between the ages of 15 and and just turning 17, I had struggled with a dark entity almost on a nightly basis until right after my 17th birthday, I just said enough. The fear had left me and all that was left in its stead  was what one feels like when they are tired of being bullied for a prolonged period of time. After a physical confrontation with the unseen, I finally had peace. I was not bothered again until almost two years later, this night, at my aunts. I was worried the whole experience was going to start again for me. My thoughts: "Well, here we go again., That was nice while it lasted.") My aunt woke when I got in her bed. She asked what was wrong and I told her. My moms family line has a long history with this stuff so she was not in the least bit phased, just stating she wonders if her son, who had just moved in, had unknowingly brought something with him, or if she had brought an object with an attachment in the last day or so. She said she would figure it out in the morning and went back to sleep. My feeling is it came with my cousin. I had never felt anything there at my aunts until he moved in but that may have been coincidence. My aunts house was always one of light and peace. Her room was full of moonlight. The study I had been sleeping in was an interior room of the house, having no windows so it was especially dark. Through the large door of her bedroom, I could see a very tall figure, blacker than black, as everyone describes it. Somehow, I knew it would not cross the threshold. It just stood there, its upper torso and head peaking around the corner, its distinct fingers holding on to the trim of the door. For close to an hour I stared at it, and I guess it was staring at me, as it had no features. I finally passed out. I did not come again until after my cousin was gone, but I do remember the house didn't feel as it had in the past, to me ever again. As it wasn't my space, I felt unable to figure out what the source was and I never told my aunt, not wanting to alarm her...whatever it was, it kept its distance from her, so I was not worried for her and she never seemed distressed or worried there.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,328 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

Did you try to talk to the dark figure in the doorway? I'd want to ask who/what it was and what it wanted
Posted Image

#3 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:57 PM

Typically, the more distinct a shadow person's form, the more of an identity + thought process it has.

If you can see individual fingers on a shadow person's hand, you're looking at a fully self-aware entity that is at least in the preliminary stages of learning how to elicit the reactions it wants from others. During this phase these entities become more and more of an annoyance to those they turn their attention to, and eventually (as they grow in intelligence and strength) they become very manipulative.

#4 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostVlawde, on 04 August 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Did you try to talk to the dark figure in the doorway? I'd want to ask who/what it was and what it wanted
Lol, it never crossed my mind. As I got older, and it was necessary for me to stand my ground at various times in different situations, I've only spoken a few direct statements. Questions to me always felt like an invitation to interact or giving permission for whatever was to follow. I know alot of people look for interaction. While others get it without asking for it.

View PostTrue North, on 06 August 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Typically, the more distinct a shadow person's form, the more of an identity + thought process it has.

If you can see individual fingers on a shadow person's hand, you're looking at a fully self-aware entity that is at least in the preliminary stages of learning how to elicit the reactions it wants from others. During this phase these entities become more and more of an annoyance to those they turn their attention to, and eventually (as they grow in intelligence and strength) they become very manipulative.
Thats very interesting. It felt very self aware. Do you suggest any reading material that talks about this subject?

#5 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

View PostAltersense, on 06 August 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Do you suggest any reading material that talks about this subject?

The only reading material I can responsibly suggest you check out would be my other posts on the subject.

Below is an edited version of a brief explanation I gave in another thread of one of the reasons why 'shadow people' (in their initial evolutionary stages) are so interested in people.

Right now, these lifeforms are observing your behavior and actions because... well... hmm how do I put this, these lifeforms 'wish to be more than they are', AND, even in their current limited ability to interpret the world around them and interact with it, they perceive that you are 'more than them'.

Recognizing this, people's behaviors are exceedingly interesting to them. They don't have any real sense of themselves yet or any real inclination to get up to much of anything. They don't have any identity... yet. YOU though (people), YOU have an identity - an identity that gives you a foundation from which to act and informs how you conduct yourself. Put simply: you're someone, they're not

and,

they want to be someone (though they aren't even really conscious of this).

Eventually, over time, by observing and learning, they become more self-aware and more self-directed.
Eventually, they become 'someone'.

#6 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:52 PM

View PostTrue North, on 07 August 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

The only reading material I can responsibly suggest you check out would be my other posts on the subject.

Hmm, now I'm intrigued and wondering what reading material you would suggest if you were threw caution to the wind and were irresponsible, lol. Jk. Your brief explanation is interesting. "Eventually, they become 'someone'." This makes me think of dopplegangers for some reason.

#7 LeticiaAlb

LeticiaAlb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:11 AM

I think it best you don't talk to them to find out what they want they might tell you something you don't like.