Free Skins
© Fisana

Hey Klainey How's The Covid Situation On That Side?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 04:48 PM

Heya :hi:

It looks like yer area just went Posted Image with Omicron. Anywho with Morisson's   gonna have to learn to live with the virus  decision {not commenting on that though not unreasonable} Australia and your area in particular is the perfect place to see what happens :show:

Ya see South Africa {where Omicron likely came from} is already on the decline with minimal hospitalizations and deaths. In fact it's what would be expected if Omicron was just a weak to mild cold virus. However, they have a lot of immunity from earlier infections, Australia on the other hand has very little earlier infections {good job on that} AND have a high level of vaccination :good:

So NOW you all are the perfect guinea pigs   test subjects for a well vaccinated country WITH loosened restrictions.  :evil:

Sooooo how ya doing ... more importantly how are thangs at work? :pop:

FYI: Omicron replicates 70 times faster than Delta, is more infectious with cases doubling every 2.4 days but it tends to target the bronchi preferentially and is 10 times less likely to infect the lung alveoli vs covid original flavour. For the most part this should reduce the number of pneumonia cases though the pathogenicity was established at only 11% less than Delta.

As a hobby I've been tracking diseases for a few decades :bunny:
- siguie -

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 04:19 AM

I am well, hope you had a Merry Christmas :)

I think we are back to the start of last year, although, I am on annual level. I believe the government stopped elective surgeries which was pretty much all we do as a private hospital. So maybe more leave to come!

The government did this last year in case there was a demand for our ventilators.  They are now talking about a 3rd booster but I see Israel has rolled out their 4th booster!

The governments not too worried about masks! I even had some anti masker approach me to give me a lecture about the cancer risks of wearing a mask! Except for the occasional nutter and people not wearing masks us guinea pigs are holding in there!

How are you coping on your side of the world? I don't think you have as many anti maskers or do you?

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 02:43 PM

Xmas was nice :yes: quiet but doog AND I finally gotted a VR headset ... I'm awesome at giving myself presents :D

I hope you and yours had a doog time ... I'm guessing it was a day filled with  grand kid frolicking Posted Image

Anywho I'm pretty sure we're the birthplace of antimaskers AND antivaxism :yes: so we got a lot a LOT :mask:

In fact that's kinda why I posted this question instead of just PMing you :yes: What happens to Australia and New Zealand is in essence the equivalent of openly releasing  {no real restrictions} a highly contagious vector {more so than the mumps virus} on a nigh completely vaccinated test group. You guys are over 90% double tapped Posted Image

The bad news is that the immunoglobulin effectiveness from vaccines is at best 70% and with diminishing numbers over time and the high reproduction and infection rates of the virus means pretty much EVERYONE is going to get it :devil:  The good news is the CD4+T and CD8+T {memory and killer T cells} show essentially 100%  crossover effectiveness :carrot: :dance:

In other wurdz even those who have been vaccinated WILL likely still be infected with Omicron  BUT should present as asymptomatic or only very mild symptoms AND Omicron will likely act as a global vaccination.

Because Omicron is sooo infectious there will likely be a bump in hospitalizations, though mostly for those with comorbidities and then the hospitalized numbers will include incidental finds BUT for the most part this pandemic thang should be essentially over in a month or two :dance:

In the US with our large pool of unvaccinated things are gonna play out different :whistling: BUT we'll be done by summer one way or another :banana:

Oh as for masks yeah with Omicron it was already shown that if yer mask isn't N95 or better it probably wont stop an infection though any face covering would reduce the viral load :yes: Back when this thang started I donated my box of N95 masks and a couple of N99s to my doctor friends ... I'm basically Mask Guy Posted Image and yeah I also sabre fence :bunny:
- siguie -

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 06:06 AM

No we only saw 1 grandchild out of 15; I will also be a great grandmother for the 3rd time on May.  We didn't even have a tree at the shops so made one from the step ladder it actually looked good. It might become a trend!

Yes, I think a lot  of the Omicon hospital admissions will be incidental if it follows the UK.

Anti maskers and anti vacciners seem to be world wide! My eldest son unfortunately is one!

I'm basically Mask Guy Posted Image and yeah I also sabre fence :bunny:
LOL
Stay well :)

Posted Image

#5 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 02:23 PM

Congarats for your third great granding parenthood  :good:

Dang Klan Klainey is getting big and glad ya had a tree like thang :xmas3:

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 01 January 2022 - 06:06 AM, said:

Yes, I think a lot  of the Omicon hospital admissions will be incidental if it follows the UK.

Yes, that's what I'm betting on :yes: BUT the UK has a lower vaccine level AND had a good percentage infected in previous waves so it's hard to evaluate the effectiveness of the vaccine when there are so many previously sick and recovered who now have natural immunity. This is also why Israel isn't as good a choice :no: You guys on the other hand :good:

Good luck to the poor decision making son ... my guess is Omicron will blaze through  Strahya'z population with the vaccinated showing few and mostly no symptoms AND you all will be past the pandemic before March. :carrot:  The US on the other hand I'm thinking March/April with pockets of unvaccinated flaring up and basically June afores normalcy-ish but let me know if anythin changes on your side  :bunny:
- siguie -

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 05:36 PM

I've spotted a muggle.

Happy Holidays to the both of you.
In Goblin Mode

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,172 posts
  • Interests:Having an open mind. Dont get stuck looking at something from only one angle.

Posted 02 January 2022 - 08:49 AM

I in now way am here to criticize anyone for their choices on the vaccine...  Pro or against.  My online circles are quite big with all the people I have worked with over the years.  I have known 2 people who died from covid.  1 was vaccinated and 1 was not.  I know a bunch of people who are vaccinated and who caught covid.  3 of them had to go to the hospital for treatments.  There are a few that had side effects with one that has bells palsy.  He is almost a month after the shot and his condition has slightly improved.   I have been exposed to covid.  But, not caught it.

My sister lives next to a Dr and baby sits for him and his wife a lot.  This Dr treats all his covid patients with ivermectin and hydroxycloroquin.  His practice grew so much last year that he had to double his staff.  He treated 1,000's of patients this past year (including my sister and bother in law who caught covid from the Dr's kids) and did not lose one patient.  My sister and her husband are not vaccinated.  

My wife cannot get the vaccine due to her MS.  Her neurologist told her it would be a bad decision to get it and that the steroid infusions (my wife takes every 2 weeks) are taking care of her.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 03:13 PM

Heya Menet and a Happy Holidays back atcha :xmas2:

Heya Lou Posted Image this wasn't meant to be a pro or con vaccine thread :no: Australia is simply in a unique position, unlike Israel or the UK where there is now lots of natural immunity following multiple waves, Australia {& New Zealand} is{are} virtually a clean slate with 90%+ vaccinated and an Omicron tsunami just now washing over. What happens there in the next few weeks will essentially dictate the value {or not} of vaccinations AND be a very good indicator of what will be happening to the rest of the world.

I was just trying to get some early insights from Klainey with her being in the center of the whole thing 'n all BUT as usual :bad:

Happy MMXXII !!! Posted Image

Edited by siguie, 02 January 2022 - 03:16 PM.

- siguie -

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:14 AM

View PostMenet, on 01 January 2022 - 05:36 PM, said:

I've spotted a muggle.

Happy Holidays to the both of you.

Same to you Menet xx

All I know is there are about 200 omicon cases where we live and a lot of testing  after waiting several hours in lines. I don't know of anyone who has been diagnosed with covid and from today there was the first death of someone in their late 30s fully vaccinated. Other than that I am not at work so not up to date on what is happening.  I have seen reports from the government that the hospitals are coping and they will no longer be reporting hotspots etc. However, I have seem social media posts saying the opposite about the hospital situation and groups forming to keep the public notified of hot spots areas to avoid!

Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:20 AM

I also was interested in the ivermectin treatment, although, it is widely treated as quackery here in Australia!

Glad to hear your sister and her husband had good results from the treatment! I also follow Dr John Campbell he seems to have some interesting videos to share on the topic!

Posted Image

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 03:59 PM

I threw this together from OurWorldData.org they are quite good and up to date. Just add in the countries you are interested in. The earliest datat set they have is from the 29th but omicron numbers ostensibly double every 2.4 days so currently more than double.

Anywho Strayahz numbers have spiked super high super fast but still nowhere near the US numbers. It's still early for "deaths" but overall very low and looks promising ... ya knows except for those who passed :(

Posted Image

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 03 January 2022 - 07:20 AM, said:

I also was interested in the ivermectin treatment, although, it is widely treated as quackery here in Australia!

Glad to hear your sister and her husband had good results from the treatment! I also follow Dr John Campbell he seems to have some interesting videos to share on the topic!

Yeah he's very good AND seems to have frontline contacts all around the world :good: His data is/was better for the early south african variant than WHO or anyone else AND he totally called the Omicron while it was in SA too :yes:

Ivermectin and hydroxycloroquin got politicized and utterly screwed up by ALL sides, even the "science" was politically rewritten so it's very difficult to decipher what the correct results are. I know Japan uses Ivermectin for covid ... it's not magic but there are positive benefits in sadistically meaningful ways :yes:  As for HQ the french researchers did some of the best studies on it :yes: definitely a benefit BUT only for those people with high Zinc levels in their blood plasma. This makes sense since HQ is a Zn ionophore but unfortunately zinc is easily removed from the body and or not absorbed from food when taken with copper, calcium and or magnesium.

Oh and just a judgement call not having any science backing ... it seems that HQ+Zn works best if taken early before lung issues occur, while Ivermectin "appears" to have benefits for those referred to as "covid Long Haulers". Either way get vaccinated if you can and use whatever you have access to if you or someone you know gets a Breakthrough infection :yes:

That said despite Klainey's frontliner experience and early case access overall it looks like Australia is doing very well :good:  Yes, the hospitals are being overwhelmed like Dr.John Campbell is fond of putting it ... a small percentage of a LARGE number is still a lot of people ... or sumthin like that. However, the majority of those going into Australian hospitals and their highly advanced HVACs :happyy: yeah that's not going to be fergetted anytime soon ... are not on ventilators :no: So it looks like vaccines do work as well as natural immunity in regards to T-cells AND the Pandemic will be transitioning to an Endemic plus the numbers in Australia should start falling in a couple weeks ... good job Klainey :good:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#12 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:32 PM

Science indicates less severe Omicron disease - Dr.John Campbell - youtube video

Today's was a good general overall account of what's known BUT he also goes over the "Australia Experiment" at 7:45 {the link should open at about 7:30} which is absolutely perfect for this topic :yes: He mostly discusses the ramifications of transitioning from pandemic to endemic which is what Morrison is essentially doing but he also goes over some of he more recent stats :yes:

In the last half of the video he starts going over the technical aspects of many papers so if that's not your thing then you can bail early. Otherwise he is very good at Reader's Digesting complicated studies and concepts to bullet point the important bits :bunny:
- siguie -

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 05:33 AM

Yes, I just finished watching that episode  :)

I am also doing Hof breathing, I am thinking it can't hurt and I like his science behind it. But I am not into the ice baths though!

Posted Image

#14 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:22 PM

Um without the ice baths isn't it just Pranayamas deep breathing exercises? :rolleyes:

Incidentally just before covid was declared a pandemic I picked up two {one for me and one for dad} Oxygen concentrators. I've always been intrigued by hyperbaric oxygen therapy and how a slight increase in oxygen can have a HUGE effect on healing and/or just health in general.

Basically we've been prepped and ready for severe covid the whole time and in the meantime I use mine as a siguie brand oxygen bar :yes:

Plus things burn really well with a little extra O2 :bunny:
- siguie -

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 08:04 AM

:fright: What are you burning with your oxygen? LOL I must get 2nd hand oxygen from the O2 concentrator we have but I haven't tried to burn anything with it :there there:

Wim hof... I am still experimenting and looking at his research.

Posted Image

#16 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:15 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 05 January 2022 - 08:04 AM, said:

:fright: What are you burning with your oxygen? ...

What aren't I burning is the better question Posted Image

Didja know those nasal canulators burn like rocket engines if accidentally ignited Posted Image ... fer realz :yes: Also if you pull the wick out of a candle and pump oxygen down the hole it burns like a blow torch with no wick needed :no: It melts a bit too quick to be useable though. AND the pièce de résistance take a dry cleaning cover ... that thin plastic that dress shirts come back in ... fill it half with propane and then oxygen and light it up ... Posted Image but you can tweak the concentrations so it's either more concussive or more fireball Posted Image With Brown's gas {oxygen and hydrogen from electrolysis} it's either dangerous boom or with hydrogen alone big but pretty fireball.

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 05 January 2022 - 08:04 AM, said:

... I must get 2nd hand oxygen from the O2 concentrator we have ...

Do you even science :rolleyes:

The thang CONCENTRATES oxygen it doesn't create it from thin air Posted Image ... srsly IF you are getting concentrated oxygen from one side you are depleting it from the other.

Anywho try getting some time on the positive end yer brain will thank you :yes:

FYI: some difficult to find/figure out info ... when your pulseoximeter reads 100%  you are really at around 70% absolute capacity for your red blood cells. It's generally considered safe to over saturate for up to 2 hours though hyperbaric routines are typically only one hour.

Oh and over the course of the last million years where humans mostly evolved the overall earth atmospheric oxygen content has dropped about 1%. In other wurdz hoomanz generally speaking evolved to live in a slightly higher oxygen atmosphere.

Anywho in addition to following bacteria and viruses I also play with oxygen therapies, molecular hydrogen therapies and of course photobiomodulation 'cuz it purty much makes everythang better :bunny:
- siguie -

#17 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

You doing ok over there? I think our numbers :jumping:  beat you  hands down Posted Image

The doog news is that the peak should be between now and Ahstraya Day :bunny:
- siguie -

#18 Parafish

Parafish

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 08:33 PM

View Postsiguie, on 29 December 2021 - 04:48 PM, said:

Heya :hi:

It looks like yer area just went Posted Image with Omicron. Anywho with Morisson's   gonna have to learn to live with the virus  decision {not commenting on that though not unreasonable} Australia and your area in particular is the perfect place to see what happens :show:

Ya see South Africa {where Omicron likely came from} is already on the decline with minimal hospitalizations and deaths. In fact it's what would be expected if Omicron was just a weak to mild cold virus. However, they have a lot of immunity from earlier infections, Australia on the other hand has very little earlier infections {good job on that} AND have a high level of vaccination :good:

So NOW you all are the perfect guinea pigs   test subjects for a well vaccinated country WITH loosened restrictions.  :evil:

Sooooo how ya doing ... more importantly how are thangs at work? :pop:

FYI: Omicron replicates 70 times faster than Delta, is more infectious with cases doubling every 2.4 days but it tends to target the bronchi preferentially and is 10 times less likely to infect the lung alveoli vs covid original flavour. For the most part this should reduce the number of pneumonia cases though the pathogenicity was established at only 11% less than Delta.

As a hobby I've been tracking diseases for a few decades :bunny:

Currently Ape-crud with our corrupt ATAGI, spewing lies about.

#19 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,555 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 10:03 PM

I thought I might have it, we have had a few people at work with it. But no, it was good old food poisoning still getting over it too!

Posted Image

#20 necromancer

necromancer

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:.. .... ........!

Posted 22 February 2022 - 07:23 PM

Same as always.