Free Skins
© Fisana

What Was The Last Movie You Saw At The Cinema?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

Might go see the new Jurassic movie when it comes out. Not sure if well see it in a theater or go to the drive in.

Edited by lorac61469, 17 June 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#22 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

My daughter told me that another drive in is being built in our town because the first one is packed full every weekend!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#23 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:54 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 17 June 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

Might go see the new Jurassic movie when it comes out. Not sure if we'll see it in a theater or go to the drive in.

We don't have any drive-ins here anymore :(
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#24 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

Our drive in costs $10 a person.. I was like "what?!" Like seriously, I can understand 10 per car, that would like pack the them in every night.
Posted Image

#25 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

Ten per person~?!  Thats ridiculous!  Its not like your taking up anymore space!

#26 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:04 AM

It's $7 per person where we are.  I live in a little bit of a rural area in TX.  It is about half way between San Antonio and Austin.  From what my daughter told me,  people do the same stuff we did when we were kids in trying to sneak people in.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#27 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Deadpool 2!  :)
Posted Image

#28 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:40 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 15 June 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

Here's another question: What's the next film you plan on seeing in the cinema?

For me, it's Ant-Man and Wasp, out here (UK) on August 3rd (they delayed it here because of the World Cup, which is baffling.)

I've seen all the Jurassic movies, so the next picture I'm going to see is 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom'.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#29 JenMc86

JenMc86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

We went to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom at the Drive in close to our place. Little Man ended up falling asleep about halfway through, which I was glad of because it meant he missed the hard stuff with the Indoraptor.

Then last year we went to see IT for my birthday at the same drive-in, and that's where my largest case of mommy guilt comes from. Our sitter fell through literally twenty minutes before we were due to go, and we'd already bought the tickets. So, we bit the bullet, suited LM up in his footie jammies, threw all the stuff for a comfy nest in the back of the van and rolled out. It was close to bedtime, so we figured he'd go down in the back and we'd just keep the volume low and up front. Yeah... Right... He got right up in the front seat with my hubby and settled in. I have to give this kid mad respect. He did so well through the whole thing. There were a few scenes that seemed to bother him, and we turned off the radio and turned him around when it happened, but for the most part, he was awesome. One scene towards the end really made him nervous, but we couldn't get him to look away, so he just sat there, wide-eyed saying "oh no...oh no." and shaking his head. He was, and still is to some extent, scared of Pennywise, but also apparently intrigued as well. Every time a picture of him comes up on facebook or something, he has to have a second to panic, and then he roars at him because that's what we've told him to do to scary things. Show them you're bigger and badder than them and they leave you alone.

Up until that point, the last movie we saw in the theater was Sinister. I liked it, Hubs thought it was good, but the demon scared him bad enough that I'm not allowed to own a copy, lol!

#30 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:25 PM

Oh, wow, you have a drive-in! Boy, I miss them, they have been gone here something like 40 years :(

I think I am scared of Pennywise and that is from just watching the trailers, LOL.

Your son did well :yes:
Posted Image

#31 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:44 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 23 August 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Oh, wow, you have a drive-in! Boy, I miss them, they have been gone here something like 40 years :(

I think I am scared of Pennywise and that is from just watching the trailers, LOL.

Since the term Pennywise was used, have you ever watched the series pennywise on Netflix I think?  3 seasons.  My wife and I liked it
Life is short, enjoy it!

#32 JenMc86

JenMc86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:47 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 23 August 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

The one we have here was closed for the longest time, then a local company pulled enough funds to buy the property and reopen it in the 90's. It's been a draw in our little town for ages, but we almost didn't have it to this point. In 2013 a tornado blew through that area of town and tore down one of the screens. They got it back up with some fundraising efforts and now we get to enjoy movies in the comfort of our own car ^.^ It's nice during the summer, because the nearest theater to us at the local mall is a drive and a half, and we don't trust going there because there have been a lot of bed bug reports there :yucky:.  I'll be honest and say that I really was nervous about what they were planning with IT, but I'd seen Bill perform in another creepy role (Hemlock Grove, good show, Netflix) and I got pretty jazzed when they announced him as the clown. I'm a Curry fan, have been since 5th grade, and I can appreciate his acting in the original, but I think Bill did phenomenally. The clown never really scared me in the first, it was all the other creepy stuff. The new one though, the clown actually makes me nervous.

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 24 August 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

Since the term Pennywise was used, have you ever watched the series pennywise on Netflix I think?  3 seasons.  My wife and I liked it

Never heard of that one, might have to check it out when we cycle out of Hulu. :)

#33 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:25 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 24 August 2018 - 03:44 AM, said:

IS that the series about vampires Lou? IF so I think I saw an episode I am going to google ;)

NO that was Penny Dreadful :fright:
Posted Image

#34 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:42 AM

Oops, you are right.  Penny Dreadful.   I liked the way the series pulled in all of the well known monsters into the story line.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#35 JenMc86

JenMc86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:15 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 25 August 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Oops, you are right.  Penny Dreadful.   I liked the way the series pulled in all of the well known monsters into the story line.

I have seen some of that! It was pretty interesting, but we ended up coming in in the middle of the first season and were very confused. Might have to check it out end to end!

#36 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

Oh yes, check out Penny Dreadful. Really excellent show. You can watch it in it's entirety online of course. You'll be much less confused. It's a pity it was ended but the creators said it made sense to end it on a high note since the main characters story was done even though there were other stories.

#37 Alonewitheverybody

Alonewitheverybody

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, urban exploration photos (although i don't partake) Derren Brown :-)

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:14 AM

Is it weird that I really don't like the cinema? I think the last time was the second pirates of the Caribbean film. Mr Depp is totally worth it!
Posted Image
Created by SilentWalkerGStudy :-)

#38 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

I THINK it was Antman and the Wasp. In all Marvel (and most other movies these days) there are always important reveals and stuff after the credits. And almost everyone in the theater misses them because they can't sit still for a few more minutes
Posted Image

#39 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:53 PM

The last I watched at a cinema was "Fifty shades of grey" (2015) and before that "The curious tale of Benjamin Button"  (2008).

LOL, I sit through the credits too, otherwise, it is mad trying to get out of the carpark :fright:
Posted Image

#40 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:11 PM

View PostAlonewitheverybody, on 29 August 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Is it weird that I really don't like the cinema? I think the last time was the second pirates of the Caribbean film. Mr Depp is totally worth it!

No, I find it quite aggravating actually. There's even become the danger of bedbugs. It's noisy, it's messy, and people are rude. I'd rather sit at home and watch it.