• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

In the late 90's I was living with my Father in Arizona. I received a call from my Mother that my Step Father had taken his own life. My Mother and my two siblings where living with my Step Father in Denver. My Mom was obviously distraught so i went to Denver to help her with the arrangements and as emotional support. After the funeral I stayed on for a couple of months helping out where I could.
About two weeks after his death we started experiencing strange things. lights going on and off. Voices and foot steps coming from the bedroom where my Step Father died. My mother was receiving strange phone calls. My Mom was already on edge from the tragedy so the paranormal events where deeply disturbing to her. My Mom was friends with a psychic who gave us the number of a local Shaman. She came and blessed the house. After thee Shaman left the activity seemed to increase for a week or so but than started to gradually decline. One day I was home alone watching TV in the living room which is adjacent to the room where  he died. Suddenly a gust of wind coming from inside the room blew against the outside window. After that there was no more activity. My Mother sold the house and moved away.

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

There's a great number of personal accounts concerning a "crisis apparition". Typically this visitation takes place within the first two weeks of the persons passing. After that time period visitations become exponentially rare. Most frequently the visitation from the other side is an assurance that everything is fine and not to worry. Your story has an extra twist because it was a sudden death of passion by suicide. My condolences.

There are plenty of theories why this event takes place but I personally believe it's likely a projection of human guilt by the living looking for resolvement. It could also be a culmination of energies from several living people creating the projection.  There are plenty of alternative explanations that could apply. Nothing is written in stone. I have lost count on the number of investigations where a loved one calls the team asking for an investigation when a relative has passed and allegedly has a visit. Later after building a trust level with the client they express the belief we have the answers to the other side and  ask if we can help make contact with the nearly departed because of "unresolved issues."

Clients do not like hearing, "It doesn't work that way." We also caution them about psychics/mediums that claim to be able to help them "for a price". There are some legitimate mediums/psychics that want to help but not at the expense of money preying on those vulnerable. Thanks for sharing your story jwc.

One final question jwc, when the clearing took place, was there any fragrance of roses or other flowers for a moment. I've read a number of accounts suggesting the spirit passing on into the light when this takes place.

Edited by EVP, 13 October 2017 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:10 AM

Interesting experience and thank you EVP for what you wrote.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostEVP, on 13 October 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

There's a great number of personal accounts concerning a "crisis apparition". Typically this visitation takes place within the first two weeks of the persons passing. After that time period visitations become exponentially rare. Most frequently the visitation from the other side is an assurance that everything is fine and not to worry. Your story has an extra twist because it was a sudden death of passion by suicide. My condolences.

There are plenty of theories why this event takes place but I personally believe it's likely a projection of human guilt by the living looking for resolvement. It could also be a culmination of energies from several living people creating the projection.  There are plenty of alternative explanations that could apply. Nothing is written in stone. I have lost count on the number of investigations where a loved one calls the team asking for an investigation when a relative has passed and allegedly has a visit. Later after building a trust level with the client they express the belief we have the answers to the other side and  ask if we can help make contact with the nearly departed because of "unresolved issues."

Clients do not like hearing, "It doesn't work that way." We also caution them about psychics/mediums that claim to be able to help them "for a price". There are some legitimate mediums/psychics that want to help but not at the expense of money preying on those vulnerable. Thanks for sharing your story jwc.

One final question jwc, when the clearing took place, was there any fragrance of roses or other flowers for a moment. I've read a number of accounts suggesting the spirit passing on into the light when this takes place.
Thank you for your condolences. I think you may be right about projection, my Mother always felt guilt about my Step Fathers death, even after the Shaman's visit, but it might of brought a small amount of comfort to her at the time. Thankfully the Shaman did not charge for her services otherwise I might have been scepticle as to her motives. As to your question, I did not smell anything unusual after the clearing.

#5 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

I like that story, jwc.  I believe the gust of wind was your step father letting you know he was all right.

Does your mother still talk about these events?  It seems like they were a little traumatic for her, but if she does talk about them, could you possibly tell me what her feelings are?

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

Me too, Nightwalker.  Wind in the house.  (nods)  Nice capture of the event, jwc.  Hope your family is doing well.

#7 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 14 October 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

I like that story, jwc.  I believe the gust of wind was your step father letting you know he was all right.

Does your mother still talk about these events?  It seems like they were a little traumatic for her, but if she does talk about them, could you possibly tell me what her feelings are?
My Mother didn't talk about the death of her husband. I am sad to say she was never the same. She passed away her self from cancer two years ago now.

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

thanks for sharing your story JWC. Good thing for people to keep in mind that there can be a spike in activity after any sort of 'removal' ritual, and to keep positive and keep at it as it's usually their last huzzah before they are gone for good!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 charli012

charli012

False Positive

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 14 October 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

thanks for sharing your story JWC. Good thing for people  Removed you link too to keep in mind that there can be a spike in activity after any sort of 'removal' ritual, and to keep positive and keep at it as it's usually their last huzzah before they are gone for good!
Hello!
This is a good article because there are many tips and also many advices that will be very useful to me.
Thanks!
----------------------

Nice try, Charli012.... we don't allow spammers here... you are now banned.
A word to the members... be careful what posts you click the "like" button on.  ;)
I changed his link to something fun.   B)

-Jim
-----------------------

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users