#21 mardawg666

mardawg666

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Wife, kids, guns and cars.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:22 AM

OMG! Check THIS out! This what I was talking about!
http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/ptero.html

#22 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Watch Anime,play games ,read manga. Watch kamen rider shows. Write. Super robot wars and study about yokai

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:32 AM

Draco: Who's the girl?
Bowen: A nuisance! Get rid of her!
Draco: Why?
Bowen: They're trying to placate you with a sacrifice!
Draco: Oh, now who ever gave them that bright idea?
Bowen: Never mind! Just get rid of her!
Draco: How?
Bowen: Eat her!
Draco: Oh, please. YUCK!
Bowen: Aren't we squeamish, you ate Sir Egglemore, hypocrite!
Draco: I merely chewed in self-defense, but I never swallowed.
when every one talking about dragonheart had to share this from the movie
Oh does things remeber in when i was i school i remeber i wrote about them but some how i think is a hoax or maybe not.

Dark Angel just wondering what does your spirit guide dragon look like?

was checking around and found to sites
http://www.draconian.com/history/history.htm this site got much info about dragons
http://www.crystalinks.com/chinadragons.html this is about some chinese story about dragons will try find some more

Edited by Yuri Hyuga, 18 December 2004 - 11:45 AM.

I Know what drives my body. It's not duty or mission. It's the desire to protect people. Yeah, I fight becuse i love people! Kamen Rider Blade.

When you're lost.You're sure to be guided by the strength of your feelings- The future you wish for is already in your hands. Kamen Rider Den-o

#23 babyjo53

babyjo53

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:52 PM

I loved Dragonheart and Reign of Fire also!!

In Hastings in the East hill there are caves all the way up the side. I can just picture dragons living there and flying thru the skies and around the castle. I may write a story or poem about some Hastings dragons at some point, they just seem to fit there!

#24 Roon

Roon

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:50 PM

here's a link to the reference on the african dinosaur:

http://www.mokelembembe.com/

#25 rojen

rojen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, video games, and martial arts woot

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:52 PM

thanks guys for the sites but i wonder what would you do if you ran into a dragon i would stare in wonder then RUN

#26 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:17 PM

I would run like I have never ran before. If it wants to eat me it will have to work for it!

#27 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Watch Anime,play games ,read manga. Watch kamen rider shows. Write. Super robot wars and study about yokai

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:15 AM

Hm if the dragon was like my spirit guide dragon i wouldnt run i think but if is like a dragon from reign of fire if anyone see a flash thats me running for my life.
I Know what drives my body. It's not duty or mission. It's the desire to protect people. Yeah, I fight becuse i love people! Kamen Rider Blade.

When you're lost.You're sure to be guided by the strength of your feelings- The future you wish for is already in your hands. Kamen Rider Den-o

#28 Morgoth

Morgoth

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:31 AM

I think there's a good argument for the dinosaur/ dragon theory.............I also think alot of our reverence for dragons might be due to racial memory............As far as I can understand most researchers admit to the possability that some of the more aquatic dinosaurs may have survived when their land based counterparts died out, and creatures like Nessie becoming the basis for the Celtic dragon legends............

#29 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:20 AM

Draco's special effects were amazing...I loved the way his body would "bob" up and down as he flew, it was so realistic.  I loved that they chose Sean Connery for Draco's voice, though...I thought it was perfect!   smile.gif  
I liked the dragon effects in "Reign of Fire", too...even though those dragons were portrayed much differently than Draco was.  Those dragons were predatory, and that movie painted a much different portrait of dragons.  I loved the part where they found the male dragon and it attacked, the special effects in that whole scene were amazing.

Yuri,
I identify most with a red dragon, and am drawn to both the Welsh dragon and the red Chinese dragon.  I do know that my dragon is associated with fire.  

Now I'm going to go check out those links, because the whole concept of dragons being real is fascinating.  Thanks for posting them, guys.  smile.gif

#30 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:20 PM

http://quizilla.com/users/Iceangel143/quiz...%20are%20you%3F found this what elemental dragon are you if the site says something about 503 just refresh the site. become a thunder dragon

http://www.fictionalworlds.com/forgotrealm...ED%20DRAGON.jpg
http://www.sylier.net/Dragons/dg03.htm
http://www.sylier.net/Dragons/dg4.htm
found this dragon pics the second link is one of the best dragon pics i have seen.

#31 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Roon @ Dec 18 2004, 04:50 PM)
here's a link to the reference on the african dinosaur:

http://www.mokelembembe.com/

View Post

That it! Thats the link I was looking for! I just could not for the life of me remember the name of the creature!

Thanks!

Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#32 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:21 PM

DA after hearing draco in that film my dnd games were great. Every dragon was pictured in my head with that powerfull voice. I was amazed at how real they made him look, and the way Connery played the role was the best.

#33 princesssbrat

princesssbrat

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, photography, family, fun, cooking, creating

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(rojen @ Dec 18 2004, 03:52 PM)
thanks guys for the sites but i wonder what would you do if you ran into a dragon i would stare in wonder then RUN

View Post

First of all I also believe that Dragons likely lived on Earth within the time frame of humans and may still exist today or maybe one day the world will happen upon a hidden den of hybernating dragon and have a real Reign of Fire.

If I ran into a dragon, whether stumbling upon it while hiking or if I saw one flying above me I am pretty sure I would stand agasp for a second or two and then I would run, faster, harder and longer than I have ever run before.

I'd like to think I would stay and watch it for a while, but I think my fight or flight responce would kick in pretty fast if I saw a dragon.

Very cool subjest  biggrin.gif

user posted image

"Every living creature on Earth dies alone." - Grandma Death

#34 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:40 AM

I keep reading all of these responses where "if I saw I would run like crazy" Well from my own experience I know that the vast majority of animals are attracted to motion. So if you ran that huge monsters would surely see you and then it would probably be snack time.

Personally I would crawl under the nearest rock or mountainside and pray for hours that it did not see me. To heck with spiders and stuff. We have bigger problems going on now.  It was only after I was sure he was gone would I crawl out and run like the wind in the other direction.

That is if curiosity did not win out and I ended up following it back to its lair just to get a better look. I could see myself doing that.

And with my luck it would be a killer rabbits lair! Quick get out the holy hand grenade!

#35 rojen

rojen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, video games, and martial arts woot

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:44 AM

oooo i am a ice dragon cool fear my power but i wish there was a holy dragon i think they are the most powerful if you ask me

#36 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:38 PM

I would walk up and say hey big guy so how ya doin, nah not really but there was a good point about movement setting it off. Maybe I could pull a hey look over there and then get to the running portion of the escape.

#37 Lianachan

Lianachan

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:06 AM

Dragon stories and legends have indeed sprung up all over the world, but they are very different.  Your European Dragon was very much a nasty piece of work, which was to be run through with a lance at the earliest opportunity, whereas your Chinese Lung Dragons were a powerful force for good.

Dragon stories definately predate paleontology, as the Sumerians, Babylonians and Egptians all have dragons in their stories.  It is possible, of course, that dinosaur fossils were occasionally accidently found - even early archeologists and paleontologists called dinosaur finds "dragon bones".  

This site is quite interesting, although by page five it becomes all too clear that the author has a cuckoo clock built into his forehead.
I apologise unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#38 Yuri Hyuga

Yuri Hyuga

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:25 AM

hehe what worst a little white rabbit or a dragon and hunter remeber to count too three not five. If vocie of dragon remeber japanese vocie actor that did the dragon i record of the lodoss war chronicles of the heroic knight great like draco or even better. well i going look around now for more sites about dragon legends and stuff

#39 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(Yuri Hyuga @ Dec 21 2004, 12:25 PM)
hehe what worst a little white rabbit or a dragon and hunter remeber to count too three not five.

View Post

I know it is a little off topic but I just could not resist. Taken from the movie Month Python and the quest for the holy Grail

Scene 21

The rabbit of Caerbannog

ARTHUR:
Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!
MONKS: [chanting]
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.
ARTHUR:
How does it, um-- how does it work?
LAUNCELOT:
I know not, my liege.
ARTHUR:
Consult the Book of Armaments!
BROTHER MAYNARD:
Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.
SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.'
And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
MAYNARD:
Skip a bit, Brother.
SECOND BROTHER:
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
MAYNARD:
Amen.
One!... Two!... Five!
GALAHAD:
Three, sir!
ARTHUR:
Three!
[angels sing]
[boom]

#40 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

Run away!!!!!!! lol. I love that movie.