• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Pipeslayer

Pipeslayer

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

I think my bathroom is haunted. Everytime I go to use it I put the toilet seat up and I come back an hour later and its down. This happens all night like 6 times a night. Only men live here, I rent a room outta house, theres only 3 guys that live here and my bedroom is next to the bathroom so I hear all the traffic going to the bathroom. This mainly happens at night while the others are sleeping and I'm awake. I'm a night owl. I wasnt too concerned till I started putting the pieces together. The other noticeable concern I have is the odor coming from the commode, its an awful smell, a mixture of ammonia and god awful sewer gas. I thought it was from the other guys missing while wee's so what i did was really scrub the commode. A very thorough scrubbing using bleach and other hard chemicals. About 3 hours the smell was back and I'm scared  right now because I know the strong odor is a demonic trait. I could really use some advice here.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:54 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards :D

I am sure it would be scary, I wouldn't like to share the bathroom with anyone. especially another 3 someones. Maybe one of the other males or even all of them put the seat down occasionally, I am sure they wouldn't need it up every time you or they use the toilet.

You might also want to check the wax seal around the toilet/commode base for any breaks in the seal. You could have the cleanest commode and a smell worse than a demonic odour :yes: if there is a leak. If it all checks out the only other thing I can suggest is to report the odour to the landlord so they can deal with it.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,986 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

Regarding the smell, sewer gas can sometimes come up through the toilet, there could be a problem in the pipes causing it to back up.

Some toilet seats will keep going down. I've had one that wouldn't stay up, drove me crazy and I had to replace it. It happens more frequently also if you have a fuzzy toilet seat cover, that can keep the seat from firmly being against the back of the toilet, and then gravity takes over
Posted Image

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

You’re getting up 6 times a night to go to the bathroom?  Might want to cut back on liquids. Anywho...maybe the others are putting it down due to the smell. Have you discussed this with them? I would suggest calling a plumber.

Edited by lorac61469, 16 June 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#5 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

The odor problem is probably due to the toilet vent stack being either fully or partially obstructed allowing sewer gas to build up in the pipe, when the toilet is flushed the water goes down and the sewer gas comes in until the trap refills with water.  As for the activity regarding the toilet seat... maybe a ghost of a scorned female occupant of the past... any of the ladies will likely tell you that a splash landing caused by some man leaving the lid up is not so easily forgiven... :)   A good plumber and some consideration may resolve the problem.

#6 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 16 June 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

You're getting up 6 times a night to go to the bathroom?  Might want to cut back on liquids. Anywho...maybe the others are putting it down due to the smell. Have you discussed this with them? I would suggest calling a plumber.
I wake up maybe 3 times to use the toilet, and I thought that was a lot.

I agree that a plumber and possibly diet might be worth looking at.

#7 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:17 PM

I've Never heard of a hunted toilet before. LOL
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:11 AM

sometimes the sounds i hear from the bathroom makes me wonder!!!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

Kevin you've never  been at my house after my husband has exited the bathroom.  
:confused0068:

#10 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

View Postdaphnerose, on 18 June 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Kevin you've never  been at my house after my husband has exited the bathroom.  
:confused0068:

He clearly hasn't been in the restroom at a taco bell. lol.
Posted Image

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:57 AM

I am so glad we don't have a taco bell lol
Posted Image

#12 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Hello pipeslayer!

I agree with Klainey and Vlawde.  You might want to check the toilet when it comes to those odors.

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 18 June 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

He clearly hasn't been in the restroom at a taco bell. lol.

At a Taco Bell?  Or "after" Taco Bell?  LOL
Posted Image

#13 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:44 AM

I do not think there is anything for you to worry about.  There are no demons in your bathroom or ghosts.

Auntie Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#14 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 19 June 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

Hello pipeslayer!

I agree with Klainey and Vlawde.  You might want to check the toilet when it comes to those odors.

At a Taco Bell?  Or "after" Taco Bell?  LOL

Lol, it depends on how long you are there, the employees might eat it for their lunch break.
Posted Image

#15 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:47 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 19 June 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Lol, it depends on how long you are there, the employees might eat it for their lunch break.

LOL
Posted Image

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:16 AM

Posted Image

I hope the OP comes back
Posted Image

#17 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

Hello and welcome!!  Thank you for sharing your experiences - please keep us updated.

M

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:58 AM

I hope they resurface!!

#19 RockinRickOwen

RockinRickOwen

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Truth--no matter how fantastic or mundane, no matter how delightful or painful.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

Unless the house had a previous occupant with some serious gastrointestinal issues, I wouldn't worry.  I can't think of any reason why a demon or a poltergeist would mess with a toilet in that way, unless it could actually scare you.  If this was some Hollywood movie, the obvious answer is that it's the ghost of someone whose body is stuffed somewhere with the floor, walls, or ceiling of the bathroom.  Since that also seems unlikely, I think the mundane answers given above are more likely.  However, if you want to have some fun, get one of those thermal cameras or some attachment for your phone, and film away.
"And often times, to win us to our harm, the instruments of darkness will tell us truths, win us over with honest trifles, to betray us in deepest consequence."--the warning of Banquo to MacBeth, in Act 1, Scene 3

#20 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

hmm there's a thought, wonder what gas would show up on a thermal camera!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users