17 replies to this topic

#1 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

For some reason I can not get my enter key in this forum to create spaces between my paragraphs. I can't even get it to start a new line. So the Enter key does not work here. The only way I can start a new line is to write in my word processor then copy and past it here. And even though I use the Enter key in my word processor to make paragraphs there and paste it here, it still will not make the paragraphs here. Does anyone know why this is? It is a little annoying because it makes it harder for others to read the/my posts. In case you are wondering I use Internet Explorer.

Edited by BlueRose3, 03 June 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#2 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Well, that's odd.  I just tested it in IE (V. 10) on my desktop and I can't get it to work either.

Works fine in Firefox.

It also works fine in IE (V. 9).  Looks like there's an issue with the latest IE release.  I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Have you tried alt+enter or hitting enter a couple times?

Also, clear your cookies and caches and update your browser to the latest version.  Java shouldn't have anything to do with it as I don't think it's used in this forum.

I know that I have to hit enter an extra time to have spaces between my paragraphs on here.  If I hit it twice the text editor bubble will have a space but I have to hit it three times for it to show up once I've posted (the forgetting of which is the reason for quite a few of my edits... spelling or writing half a sentence is pretty much the rest of the edits).

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Then I must be missing a lot as I have java blocked on my browser.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#5 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

I have IE 10 too and I have tried hitting the enter key half a dozen times and I tried the control+enter, the alt+enter and the alt+control+enter and it still doesn't work. And my java is up to date. Plus I empty my cache haf a dozen times a day but I do not delete my cookies because it's too much of a hassle to retype my ID and password all the time to the sites I go to. I also noticed that with my IE 10 on some sites I have to hit the Back button 3 times before it will go back to the previous page.

Edited by BlueRose3, 03 June 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#6 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

I did try Firefox on my other outdated computer and the pages of most of the website were all messed up. So messed up I couldn't read anything on the pages. Everything overlapping everything. I will give it a try again on this one now and let you know how it goes. :D

#7 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

OK I just installed Fire fox and checked out a few sites and everything looks great so far.

And I am able to now make paragraphs here. WhooHoo!

But! It now doesn't tell me if I've made a spelling mistake like it does in IE.  I guess I can't have everything. Hahaha!!!

#8 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Firefox has been going downhill lately.  It's really slow now and has tons of security holes (the reason I have Java blocked).  Chrome is fast but Google spies on everything you do and collects data on you.  Safari's got it's own problems.

It's just a matter of finding what annoys you least and using that browser, but you should have a couple installed (I have Firefox, Chrome and Safari) so when one's all glitchy you can still do what you need to online.

Posted Image

#9 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

I searched and found the add-ons page but couldn't find Spell Checker 1.3.2. I did find one spell checker and it took a few minutes to figure out how it works. It's not what I expected but it will do for now. :)

Thanks for all your help! :D

#10 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

I also run Firefox/Chrome and IE.  When one doesn't work, one of the others will but my usual is Chrome these days.
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#11 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I use safari n my iPad.  I have never had any real issues with it.  The only thing I can't use fully is my post editor.  I can't post emoticons or quotes unless I do it manually.  But then it doesn't bother me.  iOS doesn't support flash either but It's never np been a problem.

That's the only hang up with Safari but I would steer clear of google chrome.  I used to like Firefox too until I switched to tablet.

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#12 InquiringMind

InquiringMind

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Cats, Paranormal Stuff, Computer Games, Gadgets

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I had Firefox for a while until it started giving me problems, and a lot of popups.  I downloaded Chrome but then became concerned with the privacy issues.  I have Safari now but it crashes at least once an hour on my pc with Windows XP, so I may try Opera.  Next year I hope to get a new computer before XP hits the dirt, and thinking of trying an iMac.  I have Safari on my tablet and it works fine, but the pc is a mess.

I'm going to be downloading Opera later this evening and I'll see how it works on this forum and let you know.

Haha!  I just noticed that this thread is a couple of months old, so if any of you have discovered which browser works best let me know.

Edited by InquiringMind, 21 August 2013 - 02:04 PM.

What now, Holmes?

#13 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Well so far I haven't had any problems with firefox. Everything works great here using that but I do have a new laptop running windows 7.  when I used firefox on my older desktop computer using window XP it was rotten. The text on all the websites all overlapped so I couldn't read anything.

#14 InquiringMind

InquiringMind

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Cats, Paranormal Stuff, Computer Games, Gadgets

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I just downloaded Opera so I'll see how that works.  I'm glad Firefox is working for you on Windows 7.  If I go with a Windows Computer next year I'll try it again.  If I go with Apple I'll use Safari.

Good luck!
What now, Holmes?

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,277 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'm in the same boat, BlueRose. I have to use Firefox to post messages.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#16 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,186 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:11 PM

Here at work on IE (we have to use it) I can't separate paragraphs either. Nor can I use the font color changing feature
Posted Image

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,277 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:26 PM

I only use Chrome these days and I love it!
It seems to take up a lot of memory though and if I leave the computer on for 3 or 4 days at a time it will crash, but I reboot and everything is fine again.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#18 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Chrome is the best.  I usually use Chrome Beta on my Android.  It's faster and seems to not crash as often as regular Chrome.

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users