Free Skins
© Fisana

Jump to content


Mod Contact


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gmm213

gmm213

    False Positive

  • GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

I read that I should contact an admin or mod if I used FB to change my account name. I try to contact and says I dont have permission. I click the contact admin through that page and tells me I dont have permission.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Doppelganger

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

I am sure someone will be along shortly they are pretty good at monitoring the boards :)
Posted Image

#3 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

    Board Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,253 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

You need a certain amount of posts do use the PM function, I think it's 15.   Curious, what does your FB name have to do with GS?
Posted Image

#4 Safire973

Safire973

    Doppelganger

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Northeast Vermont

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostGMeehan89, on 10 January 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

I read that I should contact an admin or mod if I used FB to change my account name. I try to contact and says I dont have permission. I click the contact admin through that page and tells me I dont have permission.
If your display name is what you want it to be, you don't need to contact us.  Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the home screen, you'll see a button that says "The Moderating Team".  If you click that, it will list us all as well as our contact email.

View PostVlawde, on 10 January 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

You need a certain amount of posts do use the PM function, I think it's 15.   Curious, what does your FB name have to do with GS?
If people use the Facebook option to sign up, it will automatically pull their full name from Facebook as their display name. For safety reasons, we'd rather not have that displayed.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#5 gmm213

gmm213

    False Positive

  • GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostSafire973GStudy, on 10 January 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

If your display name is what you want it to be, you don't need to contact us.  Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the home screen, you'll see a button that says "The Moderating Team".  If you click that, it will list us all as well as our contact email.


I click that and it doesnt give me contact info just names, rank, last activity and add as friend.

I would like to change my display name if possible. I didnt choose this one

Edited by GMeehan89, 10 January 2015 - 08:52 PM.


#6 Safire973

Safire973

    Doppelganger

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Northeast Vermont

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostGMeehan89, on 10 January 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

I click that and it doesnt give me contact info just names, rank, last activity and add as friend.

I would like to change my display name if possible. I didnt choose this one
Terribly sorry - brain fart.  If you hover over the name, our email appears.  They are also listed in the Posting Guidelines thread in the Board Announcement forum.

Please email me at  safire973gstudy@gmail.com and let me know what you would like your display name to be.

It appears I am also going to have to look into the facebook option. Last I knew it would pull whatever display name you had with FB. Example: If your name on FB is Joe Schmoe, that's what it would pull over to here.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#7 mousieq

mousieq

    Apport

  • GS Member
  • 71 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:44 PM

I would like a Mod to contact me because I would like to know is there is a way to block people outside this group from seeing my posts.

#8 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

    Board Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,253 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

Not a mod, but far as I know it's a public forum. Google searches will show posts here. But if you, like most don't use your real name, I'm not sure what the problem would be
Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Doppelganger

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

yeah, not a mod either but agree with Vlawde it is a public forum to look, but members can only post :)
Posted Image

#10 Safire973

Safire973

    Doppelganger

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Northeast Vermont

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

View Postmousieq, on 23 July 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

I would like a Mod to contact me because I would like to know is there is a way to block people outside this group from seeing my posts.
It's a public forum, so your posts are visible to anyone.

I will pm you some more info.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users