12 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

Tricia Barker was depressed. She was 21 years old, in college studying English, unsure what career would follow, and generally feeling that life was hopeless and painful. She tried to take her own life by washing a handful of pills down with alcohol.

She woke up 36 hours later still in her own room. She didn’t tell anyone she had attempted suicide, but decided to move forward with her life. As a symbol of getting her life back on track, she started training to run a 10-kilometer marathon.

After a suicide attempt, Barker trained to run a marathon as a way to recover from deep depression. On the way to the marathon, she had a terrible car accident.

After weeks of training she was on her way to run the marathon when she had a head-on collision. Her back was broken in several places, she couldn’t feel her legs, and she had internal injuries. Without health insurance, it took nearly 20 hours to find a surgeon who would operate on her. She spent those 20 hours lying in the hospital without painkillers or any relief.

Finally on the operating table, Barker was anesthetized.

In an instant, her spirit left her body.

“The anesthesiologist put the mask over me and then I was out of my body,” she said, snapping her fingers to show how quickly it happened.

“At the time, I was agnostic and so I was so shocked the spirit goes on. I wanted to pop back in my body, wake up, and tell all my friends, ‘Hey, we do go on!’” she said in a video she made about her experience.

She saw her own body on the table, with her back opened up and blood everywhere. Two angels came to her and calmed her. She saw them send light through the surgeons and into her body.

At that moment, she knew the surgeons would be able to remove the debris from her back and she would walk again.

But that’s when she saw the monitor flatline.

While her body lay there dead, she visited her loved ones and saw events that were later verified to have really happened.

Distressed at seeing her body there dead, unsure how the doctors could revive her, she didn’t want to view the scene any longer. With that thought, she was instantly in the hallway.

This is where something happened that has made her case of great interest to near-death experience (NDE) researchers. She saw her stepfather, a health nut who would never touch sweets, getting a candy bar from a vending machine in the hallway of the hospital and eating it. This was later verified to have really happened.

Such an event is called a “veridical perception.” Veridical perceptions are observations a person remembers from an out-of-body experience that can be independently verified. These are things that they could not have known through ordinary means.

Some scientists, like neurologist Kevin Nelson at the University of Kentucky, try to explain NDEs as processes in the brain similar to those that occur when a person dreams or suddenly loses oxygen.

Scientists have tried to explain NDEs as processes in the brain, but Dr. Jan Holden says none of those explanations can account for the phenomenon.

Distressed at seeing her body there dead, unsure how the doctors could revive her, she didn’t want to view the scene any longer. With that thought, she was instantly in the hallway.

This is where something happened that has made her case of great interest to near-death experience (NDE) researchers. She saw her stepfather, a health nut who would never touch sweets, getting a candy bar from a vending machine in the hallway of the hospital and eating it. This was later verified to have really happened.

Such an event is called a “veridical perception.” Veridical perceptions are observations a person remembers from an out-of-body experience that can be independently verified. These are things that they could not have known through ordinary means.

Some scientists, like neurologist Kevin Nelson at the University of Kentucky, try to explain NDEs as processes in the brain similar to those that occur when a person dreams or suddenly loses oxygen.

Scientists have tried to explain NDEs as processes in the brain, but Dr. Jan Holden says none of those explanations can account for the phenomenon.

Yet Dr. Jan Holden, a professor at the University of North Texas and a long-time NDE researcher, has identified about 100 cases of veridical perception. She has determined through her examination of hundreds of NDE cases that this common phenomenon cannot be explained through the kind of ordinary processes proposed by Nelson.

“Any material explanation that’s been attempted doesn’t account for some of the things that happen in NDEs,” Holden said in a recorded lecture she gave to present her book, “The Handbook of Near-Death Experiences.”

“None of those models can explain how Tricia knew that her stepfather was vending a candy bar while she was unconscious and flatlined in the surgical room,” Holden said. Barker’s is one of the many NDE cases Holden has investigated.

Holden has found that about one out of every five people who have a brush with death have a similarly profound out-of-body experience. Many people don’t discuss them openly, for fear of ridicule. Some NDEers have even been put in psychiatric care because of talking about their experiences.

But Holden has found that the mental health of NDEers reflects that of the population at large. These people are as sane and rational as anyone else. The impacts of these experiences are vastly positive. About 90 percent of people who have an NDE find it a pleasant experience, and many of them come back happier and with a strong sense of purpose.

‘I had never felt any love like that—a mom’s love, romantic love, nothing could compare.’

Read more here or
Watch the video

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

I love reading about NDEs, they are so interesting.
Posted Image

#3 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 15 March 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

I love reading about NDEs, they are so interesting.

Me too! :)
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:34 PM

Her video is very inspiring too. Well worth the watch :yes:
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

The thing that I can correlate with is, I have been told by spirit that spirit is only a thought away (When I was told this I saw a neon highway of thoughts that you could move along as fast as the light to a destination) and she says basically the same.
Posted Image

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 16 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

Very cool!!!

One of the local morning DL's on KLBJ 93.7 (Dale Dudley) has talked many times about being in the hospital when his mom was dying.  She was seconds away from taking her last breath.  He could not stand to watch and went out of the room into the hallway.  He claims that as he was standing there, sobbing with his hands over his face, that he had a feeling of complete joy or love for all of 1 second.  It was such a feeling that he actually laughed in the middle of his distress.  Totally confused as to what just happened, his sister walked out of the room and told him mom just passed.

If you ask him, he will tell you he believes that his mom passed through him and he felt the joy of being close to her again and could feel her full love that only a mother has for her son!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

When my mother passed I was at work and in recovery. I was devastated when I got the phone call. When I returned to work after a period of time, a colleague Jackie came to me,  she was visibly shaking. I could tell it was difficult for her but she needed to tell me something.

Jackie told me this amazing story of the night my mother passed. She said while I was working there was a woman standing behind me, she said she did a double take because she realised the person was in spirit. The woman, my mother, also looked at Jackie realising Jackie could see her. Mum told Jackie "It's ok, I am her mother and she will need me soon" Jackie knew this was very bad because she knew my mother had been alive.

LOL, my mother haunted Jackie. Mum wanted to make sure I got my messages, which I had, and kept pestering Jackie until she told me. The thing that really convinced me Jackie had seen my mother was that very morning, I dreamt my mother came to me with dark hair. My mum had been blonde all her life and then a bottle blonde but Jackie too saw her with dark hair.  I won't go into all the messages but one that I think is important is my mum told me that she is only a thought away.
Posted Image

#8 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

My friends brother had a NDE. He was at army boot camp, and he was to run around a dirt track, and he was running, and his heart just stopped, and he went down, and they brought him back with the defibrillator, and he remembered jogging, but then was in a dark, hot place where there were demonic creatures all around, and people screaming and stuff. He says he believes it was hell. Then he felt his body jerk, and then he was staring up at the medic who was shocking him.

Now, I really don't know if it is true or not, because he is a jerk, a liar, and just a plan scumbag.

My brother in-law died 3 or 4 times while he was having a heart attack and when he was on the operating table getting a bypass. He saw what heaven is suppose to look like.  It was really peaceful. But that's all I know, my sister freaks out on him when he tries to tell people about it. (My sister is a horrible person too)
Posted Image

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:06 AM

My NDE/OBE was when I had a wisdom tooth removed. When they put me under anesthesia, I was suddenly floating above myself watching the whole operation. I watched the entire procedure and just as they wheeled me out of the operating room, passing through the doorway, I was jerked back into my body. I immediately started thrashing and hyperventilating. The doctor and staff couldn't calm me down, and so they had to get my Dad. He'd had to try hard to calm my breathing down, or I'd die from lack of oxygen*.

* In rare cases, someone who hyperventilates can have low carbon dioxide blood levels which have been known to cause spasms of the blood vessels which supply the heart. In a person who already has heart disease, this type of contraction may be enough to cause a heart attack. Hyperventilating can cause cerebral hypoxia this can result in cerebral hypoxia. This condition can be severe enough to cause actual brain damage and brain death.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Wow, that is so interesting. My mother also had an OBE too while she was on the theatre table. I will write about that later today :yes:
Posted Image

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

I would like to hear about her OBE.

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

My Mum had an OBE but now I think it could have been an NDE. Mum said the Dr was calling out to "We are losing her"

Mum was taken to the hospital very sick and later to theatre.

She was able to tell the Drs while she was under emergency anaesthesia, she had left her body and floated to the ceiling and could see, like you MacC, what was happening and what was being said. I am glad she was detached from her body as she didn't sense any pain. A doctor said her experience was most likely due to the hearing being one of the last sense to go when anaesthetised but she had so much detail about what they were doing and saying; I wonder.
Posted Image

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

IMO, I think what she experienced was a real OBE/NDE. It seems most Dr.'s don't believe in OBE or NDE.

Posted Image

My Shop