#21 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Are you ready, Capt. Z?

Sorry to learn about your Dad.  Losing parents can be tough but you've got him for a time and that can be reassuring.
My Signature
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#22 Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Wow this will be interesting!  I'm looking forward to hearing about your results.  Capt-Zeanie I've caught some really great evps over the years so if you want a few pointers I can maybe help.
My Signature

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#23 Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

OK, I finalised the build this morning and now testing the components individually to check everything is wired up correctly.

I have the Germanium Pellet  sitting atop of a countersink screw, with another screw touching (as the adjuster) the top of the Pellet, these screws are connected to jumper cable to a breadboard. The relays are in situi either side of the germanium pellet, and again the relay coils are connected to the breadboard via jumper cables.

My setup is to output directly (no amplifier circuit) into my line-in on my PC and into Audacity so I can capture the waveform etc.

So, the first test is to connect the Audio Left Channel to the base of the germanium pellet and the Audio Ground to the top of the germanium pellet. The resistance shows 1K Ohms. The colis are not energised and are not connected to the audio circuit.
I capture the output for 10secs and then played it back. I was expecting just electrical noise. The capture waveform was flat but nosiey as expected. I then stuck my headphones on and listened and I could hear a voice briefly. What, where did that come from?
Anyway, I saved the file to keep and went about trying to see what it was. I processed the file by Amplifiying and then did a noise reduction to clear up the voice. I was surprised to hear "Hello" my own voice..How did this happen.

OK, so I thought another microphone is connected to the PC of the Webcam, could this microphone be capturing my voice as I was capturing the output but I unplugged the webcam and tried capturing again. I did not speak and all I got was flat and noisy data waveform. Correct as it should be. So I tried capturing again this time speaking and uplod cleaning up the waveform I can hear my voice.

OK, so how is my voice being captured without a microphone plugged in on the PC and the only input is to line-in (Left and ground) to either side of the germanium pellet. I discount the circuit and captued again and I got no voice, so I connected the Germanium pellet back up and again I get my voice.

This is playing on me now, as how is this Germanium Pellet able to capture my voice. I am now going to try a few things and will let you all know.
My Signature

#24 siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Cool! :yes:

In the original experiment I recall "hello" was the first recognizable word :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#25 Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

lots of playing with different checks.

I have identified that for some reason, Germanium is acting as a microphone when pressure is applied, a bit like a piezo crystal can do somehow. However I do not have a diaphragm, so the Germanium is is able to detect my vocal vibrations and general a small electrical signal voltage which is then passed along the cables to the input connection on the PC/Recorder. The more pressure applied by the screw lowers the resistance but raises the recording level.

So, in the Scole Experiment they were encouraged to increase the supplied pressure but they claim the germanium could not record the audio of the PEOPLE present.

The result, is a recording of the communication only, not the voices of those present during the experiment.

My Signature

#26 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,641 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

I had a feeling that was what was going on. Make you wonder how that affects the validity of the Scole experiment? If that was the case, maybe they figured it out and stopped doing it so they wouldn't look like fools.

But yeah, more experimentation is needed
My Signature
Posted Image

#27 siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

Wait what? That makes no sense :no:

The Germanium is not being powered and there certainly is no diaphragm motion so how is it creating any oscillating signal much less one that mimics your voice?

Edited by siguie, 12 October 2017 - 04:10 PM.

My Signature
- siguie -

#28 Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:56 PM

Been away for a couple of days at the seaside for a short (first) holiday of 2017.

Thought quite a bit about this whilst trying to watch Blade Runner 2049 at the cinema. Whilst the original Blade Runner was good I found this unstimulating to the point I fell asleep several times. You know you have the urge to close your eyes and then think of a few thing and it feels good then you get an elbow in the ribs from the wife moaning that I started to snore. :sleep:

Siguie, it's not mimicking my voice, it is my actual voice. ie it can pick up my voice, though like you said there is no diaphragm to create the oscillation signal but something is happening. I have posted a question in the ITCBridge forum but it looks like it's not a well used forum. I asked there because I thought that might be a good place as it appears many people have created the Scole Receptor .

I shall be doing more tests Monday between adding a couple of Car Dashcams to my Yeti
My Signature

#29 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,641 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Could be it's still reacting to your voice by vibrating, so even though it doesn't have a diaphragm it still picks your voice up
My Signature
Posted Image

#30 siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 AM

Yes everything vibrates with sound that's the nature of rarefaction waves in air bouncing off or being transmitted through mater :yes:

Our ears are designed to convert those waves into sound, however, there is no power in the germanium circuit, and no diaphragm oscillating in a mag field to convert sound to an electrical signal that an audio feed with no amplifier could pickup.

I'm not saying that the voice isn't Capt-Z's I'm just saying it makes no sense. It's literally like taking a microphone on a wire, cutting off the microphone AND still being able to record sound from the bare ends.

Even piezoelectric transducers have to generate oscillating currents and they really need to be reasonably well designed to produce a recognizable sounds much less an easily identifiable voice.

Personally I'd check the audio inputs on the computer OR plug directly into a recorder with the internal speaker covered/removed. :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com