8 replies to this topic

#1 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

I am curious if anyone else ever experienced this.... It was the middle of the afternoon and I was sitting on the back porch. My husband was working on the lawnmower in front of a small shed about 50 feet away or so. I was relaxed, enjoying the beautiful summer day.
     I was watching my husband crouched over the mower when a ball of light appeared right behind him. It was small, about the size of a tennis ball. It just hovered there. It did not radiate light, it just was light, bright enough to see plainly on a bright summer day. It hovered about five feet off the ground. Then it started moving, very very slowly, towards the house and the porch connected to the side of the house. It must have taken three or four minutes to move to the porch, and I couldn't take my eyes off it. I watched it go up the steps onto the porch, at which time I lost site of it.
     It stayed the same height above the ground, about five feet, kept its height at five feet even going up six steps, it never varied its height. So on the first step, it rose to five feet above that step, and on the second step, it rose to five feet above that step, and so on, up about six steps. I was mesmerized. I wanted to yell at my husband to see it, as he wasn't paying any attention. But I didn't want to startle it, or cause it to disappear. When it went up onto the side porch, out of my sight, I ran in the back door, ran through the house, and jerked open the sliding glass door that let to the other porch. And nothing. It was gone. I was so disappointed. It was really beautiful and I wanted to see more of it.
     I want to see it again! But it was years ago and I have never seen it since, only the one time. I would love for someone else to have seen something like this too.. I hope I have explained it well enough for you to understand what I saw. I was not an orb, I have seen orbs before. It was round, three dimensional, beautiful, and I just wanted to hold it in my hands.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

It sounds like it had inelegance. I've seen ball lighting, plasma lights and dust/moisture orbs, but I've never experienced anything, like you've described.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Out of curiousity, did anyone else witness this at the same time? Since it seemed to last for several minutes, did you manage to take a picture of it with your cellphone?

Edited by EVP, 26 March 2017 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#4 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

Hello..  

While I have no idea what this ball of light was, I  have to say you were so very fortunate to have experienced something this rare.  

The first thing to come to mind is that it may have been a classic orb, although its behavior was surprisingly controlled.  It followed a specific route up the stairs and onto the side porch.  And while I am by no means expert on this, it seems to me that generally orbs tend to move a few feet and disappear, or just sort of dart from one spot to another before evaporating without displaying a whole lot of conscious control.  

Thank-you for sharing this.  I wish only that I could have witnessed it with you.

Muriel!

#5 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

No one else witnessed this ball of light, and I didn't have my cell phone outside with me. But, it was like I was mesmerized... I couldn't stop looking at it, even for a second. Like I said, my husband was just a few feet away, but he had his back turned and didn't see it. I wanted to yell at him to turn and look but I didn't want to break the spell, or make it disappear, or whatever it was. I sure wish someone else saw something like this too, and maybe could farther explain it. We live in the country, there are no neighbors close. I would so love to see it again. It was beautiful, that's the only way to explain it. I was so lucky to have witnessed it, I only wish I knew what it was. It's movement was very smooth, never moving right or left, or up or down, except when it went up the stairs.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

This type of activity seems to be prevalent in places where there are strong energies or pretty significant hauntings occurring. So I find it interesting that you saw this and it seems to be a bit of a one time only sighting, did you have any other paranormal type events happen before or after?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,738 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

I had a similar experience, Snickers.

It was at a haunted hotel in Virginia City, NV. I was standing with another investigator and we watched an orb come towards us. It preceded to go through us and was gone. I was trying to register it in my own mind when she (other investigator) said, did you just see that orb? I was grateful that she saw it too. And I looked at her and said yes, I saw it too! It did have dimension and it was white but not bright. But it was about 5 feet off the ground just as you described with your event. I never saw it vary in height either.

And I'm with you, I wouldn't want to scare it off by yelling for others to see it. I always tell people, just be still and enjoy the experience.  ;)

Anyway, it was similar to your experience.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#8 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

View Postearthlydelites, on 22 April 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

This type of activity seems to be prevalent in places where there are strong energies or pretty significant hauntings occurring. So I find it interesting that you saw this and it seems to be a bit of a one time only sighting, did you have any other paranormal type events happen before or after?

I never did see it again, but we do have a ghost that lives with us. Lots of things happen here with the ghost, but I never saw another ball of light.

#9 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 23 April 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

I had a similar experience, Snickers.

It was at a haunted hotel in Virginia City, NV. I was standing with another investigator and we watched an orb come towards us. It preceded to go through us and was gone. I was trying to register it in my own mind when she (other investigator) said, did you just see that orb? I was grateful that she saw it too. And I looked at her and said yes, I saw it too! It did have dimension and it was white but not bright. But it was about 5 feet off the ground just as you described with your event. I never saw it vary in height either.

And I'm with you, I wouldn't want to scare it off by yelling for others to see it. I always tell people, just be still and enjoy the experience.  ;)

Anyway, it was similar to your experience.  :)

Thank you for sharing that. It is  nice to know I am not the only one to see something like that. Did you feel as if you couldn't take your eyes off of it, like you were mesmerized by it? I could not look away from it! This one didn't glow really bright either. It was just a small ball made of light. I have seen orbs, they are in lots of pictures that I take here. This was different than any other orb I have seen. Orbs to me are flat, the ball of light was round, like a ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users