8 replies to this topic

#1 Sunniva

Sunniva

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:11 AM

A couple of nights ago I had a very weird dream. I met with the devil...He was dressed in an Armani suit (including sunglasses). The location was sort of a Salvador Dali building, i.e. stairs that did not really lead anywhere.

I had to fight him. And even though I am not Christian all I could say was The Lordīs Prayer and it worked. He disappeared.

Later in the dream I found a piece of skin with runes written on it and I had to fight evil spirits. I was still in the Salvador Dali building, but somewhere else. An old wooden door in front of me that I wanted to open and outside stood an old woman. I reached out my hand to her, but she refused to take it and I had to leave her out there in the darkness.

The dream was so real an detailed. I still remember everything, every room and every face. None of the people I met in the dream were anyone I know. It was all very strange. It was completely like a movie - everything happened in a logic, consecutive way, but the surroundings were abstract - just like in a Salvador Dalí painting.

Dreams like that makes me think. Was it really just a dream???  blink.gif

#2 chad1989

chad1989

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Hmmm, my interest eh?....
    Well i love loadsa things i love the paranormal i love gohsts and reading about them looking at pics and ocasionally taking pictures of them to! but im more interested in vampires, fairies, giants, were-wolfs, parralell dimensions, and loadza othr fantasy things, i do a lot of research into them, it is interesting reading myths of ancient civ's. I also love music all different kinds but mainly ROCK!!!! i love rock throughout the ages and have a huge collection of music which spans from the 60's to present.....I am interested in all world mythology, cryptozoology and mystiology......i do alot of reaserch and some things which i have found are real interesting.......
    Well that is all really if ye wanna talk to me jus add me on messanger!

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

..........wow  blink.gif  like ye story, it could a been a true thing that happened  wink.gif

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:00 PM

yeah I think its very hard to understand dreams
Be Good!

#4 Guest_KJMagic_*

Guest_KJMagic_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:25 PM

sounds like some one had a bad dream...

However a few intresting points i recal about fights with the devil:
-tradition and ledgend has it that the devil can only be beaten by calling him for who he is(he never names himself)

-usualy the devil asks you 7(correct me if he is wrong) questions but they can be answered in 6 responces(the answer the the 6th is always gives the 7th one away, the 7th one being "who am i?")

-And the devil traditionaly visits random people for no apprent reason according to most riddles, songs, and tales for europ.

but anyways most people have dreams like you described when you are lacking sleep.  To "non-technicly" explain it is part of your brain awake while part is a sleep... I have even had dreams where i wake up and cant rember if what just happend was real or not(very freaky)

cheers,
KJ

#5 Darklighter

Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.

After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.

Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland.

Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

Many dreams we have that aren't real at all seem very very real.

The way that you describe this makes it sound like a typical dream.

I'd say that though very vivid and even scary, it's most likely just a dream.
:-/

Sorry.

Posted Image
"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."

#6 Guest_warriorprincess_*

Guest_warriorprincess_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:43 PM

Wow...thatīs one extraordinary dream blink.gif
Iīve always had vivid dreams about spaceships and other planets,like the scenes from Independance day where a huge ship covers the entire sky huh.gif and where there are no regular moon and stars the way we see them,rather very big planets not far away, visible at night.Even if I normally donīt remember details for very long,from these dreams I do.
I donīt think dreams are "real" in the sense that they are actually happening,so I have to agree,itīs probably just a dream.

#7 Dire Wolf

Dire Wolf

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Military history, Reading, Anime, Table Top gaming, Iron Maiden, Hunting, Paintball, etc.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:55 PM

It sounds like a dream to me. I guess you could find it odd but we would really need to know your past dreaming histroy. What I mean is you sounded suprised that it was super vivid. Are you one of the types that know thier dreaming, or someone that dreams in Black and White, or somthing like that?

To my a hyper realistic dream really is not that uncommon, I have a great deal of trouble telling dreams for real life. Even the super odd ones I'll have like a back story that I somehow know, so I (usually) know why the odd things are happening. I also feel things when I dream(sometimes it'll linger after I wake up).
-------------------------------------------------------
"The warrior who acts out of honour cannot fail. His duty is honour itself. Even his death – if it is honourable – is a great reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#8 Sunniva

Sunniva

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:01 PM

I usually remember my dreams. And I usually have super-vivid dreams too, but usually they are about "normal" things. They include people I know and relatively normal situations.
What surprised me about this vivid dream was itīs religious undertones. I have never tried that before.

I often have dreams that seem like a movie. I am facinated by them.

People used to say that when you slept you left your body and left for the land of dreams. Is that place really just our subconsciousness??

#9 Waiting

Waiting

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:57 PM

i've only seen the devil in my dreams once, and that's when i was around 4 years old. all i remember was a subteranian cave about 100ft high, and a giant devil stretching to the top with a pitchfork in one hands. i remember he called out my name, but this may have just been from me learning about who he was and all.