Attached File  lam.jpeg   4.13K   16 downloads

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

Not sure, i doubt it was paranormal.  Either she went by herself or perhaps lured up there.

I believe she was bipolar, at least that's what I've read.

Also, there are three fire escapes that can reach the roof.  

You can see photos of the roof here...

http://www.websleuth...cess-Discussion

#3 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:00 AM

She was killed in a ritualistic murder by the elite, they're always up to this kind of thing.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#4 saralove_32

saralove_32

Orb

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Music, Animals, Video games, Movies, Sleep(lol yes I said it), and of course anything paranormal

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Paranormal or not, her actions on the elevator camera, were very strange. They say she had no drugs in her system. It's kinda weird.
"The eyes are not the windows of the soul, they are the doors. Beware what may enter them." ~Doctor Who

#5 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

View Postsaralove_32, on 09 April 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Paranormal or not, her actions on the elevator camera, were very strange. They say she had no drugs in her system. It's kinda weird.

Strange, for sure.  If she stopped taking psych meds she might seem ok for a while but eventually she'd suffer from a psychotic episode.  My father-in-law is bi-polar and suffers from paranoia.  He's more or less stable now but years ago he'd have breakdowns a lot.  Scary.

#6 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:01 AM

Here's a very detailed interpretation of what happened;    http://vigilantcitiz...case-elisa-lam/
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#7 jlemich

jlemich

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my dogs.
    Drinking wine LOL
    Learning more about
    the paranormal...

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

View Postsaralove_32, on 09 April 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

I agree, soo weird...

And the hand thing she starts doing at 1:57 really sends chills up my spine... When she then walks away is seems like shes on her toes..?

#8 komarek

komarek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

what the heck is THE ELITE?

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Likely a joke from PIT Leader.  Really, in most cases the most obvious explanation is usually correct. She had a mental episode, used fire escapes to get to the roof and got into the water tank and drowned. Whether she meant to commit suicide or was just totally bonkers we'll never know. But I highly doubt there is anything paranormal or any conspiracy here
Posted Image

#10 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostVlawde, on 11 April 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

Likely a joke from PIT Leader.  Really, in most cases the most obvious explanation is usually correct. She had a mental episode, used fire escapes to get to the roof and got into the water tank and drowned. Whether she meant to commit suicide or was just totally bonkers we'll never know. But I highly doubt there is anything paranormal or any conspiracy here
I agree with your speculations Vlawde.  That (to me) seems to ring true. Not a lot of other avenues to venture down.  I do not feel it was paranormal.

#11 Rain

Rain

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:52 AM

I don't think There is Anything Paranormal about Her Death Either, People with Mental Problems aren't Easy to Understand, In many Cases they don't even Understand them-self, and therefore they don't understand what they Do, Something could have Triggered a mental episode, Even very very trivial matters are able to trigger Mental Problems, Even the not Closing Elevator door could be Enough, And what happens then is unpredictable, Maybe she was Paranoid, or even Suicidal, Or heard Voices in hear head, We'll Never know what Happened, still, i feel sad for hear.

After Spending Some time Researching Her, And reading her Blog, Its Pretty obvious that she was Depressive.
I feel Awful sorry for her...

Edited by Rain, 14 April 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#12 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:31 AM

The is a theory out there that this is a hoax or some kind of viral marketing. I don't believe this is a hoax, but I don't think it has anything to do with the paranormal.

#13 aben3

aben3

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, unsolved mysteries, social justice (race and gender), arts and crafts, plants and gardening, animals (my cats), traveling, culture, tattoos.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

I have been very interested in this case, in fact, it is my favorite unsolved mystery and i have spent countless hours on research and forum posting, there are a lot of people still interested in this case. after lots of theorizing, most of us still researching are convinced that it is foul-play to some extent and that it is being covered up. I could go on for hours about my theory and the facts of the case, but all-in-all, theres no doubt that the police and hotel do not want to come out with all of the information.

a few people out there still theorize that this tragedy IS in fact due to paranormal activity, and while this isn't a part of my theory, i am open to it. The history of this place is very sordid: two serial killers have lived long term in this hotel (that has boasted low weekly rates and sits on the edge of skid row) and these psychopaths were ACTIVELY raping and murdering while living there. One of them being Richard Ramirez, the "night stalker." also, on average, one person dies per month in the hotel, one month reported up to 6 deaths. These deaths are mostly overdoses and window jumping suicides. there have also been plenty of murders! you can read about one in the blog post i am linking at the bottom of my post. The author of the post is a medium/paranormal enthusiast that did NOT research the hotel before her stay (very close to Elisa's Cecil timeframe), and later found out about the long history and the Elisa Lam case. She documents the seedy area as well as her paranormal experiences and the very heavy energy. I really enjoyed her post and think its worth considering.

http://www.documenti...angeles-136004/

#14 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:20 PM

Interesting story and I'm a little dumbfounded that no one was ever fingered in the case, but IMO anyone who suggests the case is paranormal in nature likely has very little police investigative skills and haven't adequately researched the evidence on hand. In defense, recovered evidence by the police isn't shared with the public unless it's considered viable in solving the case.

A great paranormal detective, will exhaust all logical/natural explanations first before labeling or suggesting it to be paranormal. Unfortunately "great paranormal detectives" are very rare.
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#15 aben3

aben3

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, unsolved mysteries, social justice (race and gender), arts and crafts, plants and gardening, animals (my cats), traveling, culture, tattoos.

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

I would love it if a paranormal investigator in LA could do some evaluations at the hotel... I think it would be so interesting! (completely separate of the case, just as a study on activity in this place)

#16 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

Hotels often have a lot going on, these types of things only add to the mystery of the places, wouldn't you agree?

We've had some great threads on here about peoples experiences with hotels all over the world where some interesting paranormal activity has occurred Aben3, check out the one about the Taiwanese hotel!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#17 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

I found some videos that might explain everything....
https://www.youtube....h?v=IPHK5OO-NKU
https://www.youtube....h?v=h9cREmowZho
https://www.youtube....h?v=PsnF7BcJaSk
....I think this guy has cracked the case.
Posted Image

#18 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Elisa was in a very confused state and not totally conscious of what she was doing or what was happening, and so was influenced into taking peculiar and much more adventurous actions than she would normally. She was led to her death, in stages. Like a puppet.

Why in stages?

Because there's a sick joy to be had in this type of mischief, but equally for the very practical reason that if someone isn't already really depressed, in a lot of pain and/or suicidal, it can be very difficult to have them purposefully hang or shoot themselves, OD on pills, slit their wrist, or say jump out a window or off the roof of a building (the last two likely being attempted here, but no go, and so then up the fire escape, and so then into the water).

For the highest degree of 'success', and to derive the most pleasure from the affair (including the aftermath), things escalate gradually and the individual is led along in kind of a mental fog where they think it's all their own idea - it's their idea to explore, their idea to do something exciting etc. They experience sensations and fantasies removed from the reality of what's occurring.

For example, they can be made to feel semsations of comforting, beckoning warmth coursing through their body, combined with an irresistible desire to free themselves of clothing and let their body breathe (even if out in -40C weather in the middle of the woods) etc. This is not hypothermia though, this is manipulation of their body and senses. They can be made to walk straight into and drown in a lake or stream, or simply lay down and drown in mere inches of water. To them it feels amazing, like a pleasant release or a letting go / letting themselves totally relax and accept a cozy, motherly embrace.

^ by that point you could say the're so under this spell or external influence that the reactions of their body are either surpressed by way of their complete 'buy-in', or the pleas of their body don't snap them out of it. It all feels very distant at that point, like you're an observer to your own actions, a spectator. The objections of your physical body would be like the faintest yelps of a dog in the distance.

So yeah, she did it to herself... under some serious influence.

#19 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of wanting to escape or avoid some perceived danger that played a role in her actions.

#20 aben3

aben3

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:10 PM

wow, that was incredibly written, I loved it.

Edited by aben3, 17 January 2017 - 11:20 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elisa Lam, ghost, haunting, elevator, suicide, paranormal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users