• You cannot reply to this topic
96 replies to this topic

#41 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

Oh gee another task..... but I finally got my long text to work. How long did the 4klainey RTB take you, and I tried to rip it off from the forum but I don't know how?  Ok another day tomorrow; I might just use RNB or whatever it is called. Talk more tomorrow!
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#42 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

Uh what does RTB stand for ... is that some messed up Oz acronym thang? :blink:

I just downloaded the thang from the link I included, cut out the simplest demo and uploaded it ... so everything you see was like 5 minutes ... maybe 10 'cuz I was snacking when I read your post Posted Image

Yo know those video tutorials I make are just one take wunderz/blunderz right?

Um you do know if you want it I can literally just wrap it in a zip and give it to you right? Or ya know what how about I just give you the original zip and you can peruse th 4 or 5 demos :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#43 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

LOL, that was for my RichTextBox... I thought it was a great acronym!! Oh, well, ........you can't please all the people all the time :)  :down: I downloaded the demo zip not real sure the demos did anything for me; :crazy: was it the  nicEdit-0fa866947dae306d5e5bf4fd00b6261a.zip? I looked at the demos but couldn't open the Jscript file. Here I will send you my javascript I was able to work out...It took me all yesterday! :wallbash: :confused0068:  

Everything is working except the H1 drop box, however, if I delete it from the text I have problems with the script so I left it.

You're :sign0016:  

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <title>Rich text editor in js </title>
<script src="https://use.fontawes...9.js"></script>
</head>
<body onload="enableEditMode();">
<div>
<button onclick="execCmd('bold');"><i class="fa fa-bold"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('italic');"><i class="fa fa-italic"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('underline');"><i class="fa fa-underline"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('strikethrough');"><i class="fa fa-strikethrough"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('cut');"><i class="fa fa-cut"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('copy');"><i class="fa fa-copy"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('undo');"><i class="fa fa-undo"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('redo');"><i class="fa fa-repeat"></i></button>
<button onclick="execCmd('insertHorizontalRule');">HR</button>
<button onclick="execCmd('selectAll');">Select All</button>
<select onchange="execCommandWithArg"('formatBlock', this. value);">
   <option value= "H1">H1</option>
   <option value= "H2">H2</option>
   <option value= "H3">H3</option>
   <option value= "H4">H4</option>
   <option value= "H5">H5</option>
   <option value= "H6">H6</option>
</select>

<br/>
<br/>
<select onchange="execCommandWithArg"('fontName', this. value);">
   <option value="Arial">Arial</option>
   <option value="Comic Sans MS">Comic Sans MS</option>
   <option value="Courier">Courier</option>
   <option value="Georgia">Georgia</option>
   <option value="Tahoma">Tahoma</option>
   <option value="Times New Roman">Times New Roman</option>
   <option value="Veranda">Veranda</option>
   </select>
   <select onchange="execCommandWithArg('fontSize', this.value);">
   <option value="1">1</option>
   <option value="2">2</option>
   <option value="3">3</option>
   <option value="4">4</option>
   <option value="5">5</option>
   <option value="6">6</option>
   <option value="7">7</option>
   </select>
Fore Color: <input type="color"onchange="execCommandWithArg('foreColor', this. value);">
  Background: <input type="color"onchange="execCommandWithArg('hiliteColor', this. value);">

<div>
<iframe name="richTextField" style="width:1000px; height:500px;"></iframe>
<script type="text/javascript">

var showingSourceCode = false;
var isInEditMode = true;

function enableEditMode(){
richTextField.document.designMode ='On';
}
function execCmd (command){
richTextField.document.execCommand(command, false, null);
}

function execCommandWithArg(command, arg){
richTextField.document.execCommand(command, false, arg);

}
</script>
</body>
</html>
My Signature

Posted Image

#44 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

Gotcha ... messed up Oz acronym :yes:

Yeeeeaaah so can you tell me what ....

... does?

It resolves to ... https://use.fontawes...m/aac5c45839.js ... and there is no way I'm going through that much compressed code Posted Image

Also so far this is just a carpy editor how are you designing a database for mixed text and binary data?
My Signature
- siguie -

#45 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

View Postsiguie, on 26 April 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

Gotcha ... messed up Oz acronym :yes:

Yeeeeaaah so can you tell me what ....

... does? it is the font symbols thing there is no text, and stop hiding behind the lounge :)

It resolves to ... https://use.fontawes...m/aac5c45839.js ... and there is no way I'm going through that much compressed code Posted Image

Also so far this is just a carpy editor how are you designing a database for mixed text and binary data? thought you could put my text into a web page and have a look at my good work. Patting self on back ^_^ Now I find out it is carpy LOL :Picture 562:

What are you talking about here? Database for mixed text and binary data? If I google will I find something?

I will post pic :th_evil: nu it is carpy sometimes it didn't want to work! NO pic :verymad:

What is this  "The SqlCeParameter is already contained by another SqlCeParameterCollection". That is the error message I get from the diary I bought! I think it has to do with the data! :verymad:
My Signature

Posted Image

#46 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 26 April 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

I will post pic :th_evil: nu it is carpy sometimes it didn't want to work! NO pic :verymad:

What is this  "The SqlCeParameter is already contained by another SqlCeParameterCollection". That is the error message I get from the diary I bought! I think it has to do with the data! :verymad:

Well it "could" be bad code but my guess is the database that your Diary Program was using go borked. Try running the program with a new database and see if it works. Depending on the database format you "might" be able to repair it. That said I have never worked with a Windows SQL database before so who noes what horrors await you BUT it might be an easy fix ... weirder things have happened :yes:

Oh and I did try out your "good" werk :yes: Nice job :pleasantry:
My Signature
- siguie -

#47 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

Now you are just saying that! The text editor stopped working for me. It seems to be the theme of my life :)

But, yes, playing computers are fun. I am trying to get my head around the database :yucky:  Now look what you started.....Is a database something that stores to the web or just somethings that you download from the net to your computer??
My Signature

Posted Image

#48 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

Wow :wall: neither and both ... it's just data stored in a format that allows you to access it with your computer ... interwebing not required :no: BUT allowed :yes:

"But, yes, playing computers are fun." You just crossed back over into the light :yes: and made 99% of everyone on the board think your nuts :yes: But don't worries the other 1% knows yer nuts   :bunny:

My Signature
- siguie -

#49 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 25 April 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

This conversaion is completely over my head.

Posted Image

Join the club. :rolleyes:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#50 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 27 April 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Join the club. :rolleyes:

Oh c'mon technically it's not even technical that's like her first try at Javascript coding and even I don't understand what it's supposed to do or why it even werks a little :no: I'm not even sure why she doesn't just use Word or better LibreOffice Writer and just make a Calendar index but atleast she's learning :yes: ... well probably :yes:

So back with nicEdit why eXactly could you not open nicEdit.js? It's just a text file ... something like 120 lines or so. Did the demos atleast werk for you?
My Signature
- siguie -

#51 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:23 PM

Yo Klainey did you realize RedNoteBook is "open source" which means you can just download the source code and edit yourself :yes:

Also what was the Diary software that borked on you? Did you look at all of the other free options?

I'm all for writing your own software :yes: BUT you may also want to look at web options then creating a website that runs exclusively on your computer OR more specifically a usb flashdrive ... 'cuz it's not all that hard :no:

Yo MacC ... when I get her to create a working unix distro on a flashdrive, install all the necessary accouterments to run a website off the flashdrive then start progrmaing in a real language ... THEN " :rolleyes:"  ... might be appropriate :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#52 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

LOL, I sort of did but can't get my head around it yet I downloaded dotPeek to read the DLL files just going from memory :) I have looked at the other diary too but for some reason, the DLL files won't support and open with dotPeek and there are so many files ??? I don't know what to do :( Here I was thinking maybe 2 files, boy was I wrong!

I have been at work going to have dinner so will check back later guys. Going to check the puzzle and post another piece, if no one made the pic yet!
My Signature

Posted Image

#53 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

View Postsiguie, on 27 April 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

So back with nicEdit why eXactly could you not open nicEdit.js? It's just a text file ... something like 120 lines or so. Did the demos atleast werk for you?

Yes, the demos worked but the js file pops up this error " navigator is undefined" LOL I think 100% know I am nuts, but nice!
My Signature

Posted Image

#54 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

My very girly  diary cover

Posted Image

I know the pinks are different :(  Next page

Posted Image
My Signature

Posted Image

#55 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

Good Job! :yes: For realz this time :yes:

Now if you could only use some type of date and time record identifier to move along that calendar and save the text :bunny:
My Signature
- siguie -

#56 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

I know that would be great, and, Thanks, Mate :)

I am able to save text like an event calendar but when I clink on the date it comes back all in purple since that is the colour of the date and time on the trial calendar. It changes all the text to how the dates and times are formatted even though it isn't coded like that on the original rich text!

Siguie, with javascript I have the same two pages (minus the calendar) but I can't seem to find how to click the button to open the 2nd page :Picture 562: I have looked at the w3schools.com you pointed me too but they seem to be https://www. pages and my page is:   file:///C:/Users/xxxxx/Desktop/My%20Diary/play.html.  I will search open computer file with javascript see if that resolves anything
My Signature

Posted Image

#57 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:10 AM

"Trial" calendar :wallbash:

Just grab some free code and tweak it AND avoid anything that involves trial periods or money going away ... this is just Javascript it's like interweb basic. Unless you are a web designer or developer think of this like getting a Leggo set ... really great building blocks with oodles of potential but eventually you will want something a little more robust.

Oh yeah that whole reading and writing local files with Javascript is kinda tricky since you run it through a browser and it would be bad for malicious websites to read or write files to peoplez computers. So long story short go here ... copy the "Updated" code example ... all 64 lines ... paste in a file on your computer with an html extension like readwritedemo.html and that should take care of that whole read/write problem of yours :yes:

As for your "second" page it must be a second html file, take a look in the directory for files with .html extensions. You probably just need to add a created page link.
My Signature
- siguie -

#58 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

By the way IF you really REALLY want to pay for something you may want to consider a server host :yes:

Your "diary" is basically a blog ... and you are already learning Javascript ... you could install Wordpress for free then just blog for your readers and create a private section for your diary PLUS I happen to know of a ghostalk forum you could has cheap ... FREE even :yes:

FYI: if you wanna try Wurdpress let me know it's another one of those trivial to install MySQL programs :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#59 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Sorry, bad choice of words...It is my play around calendar so I can leave the one I am trying to create error free. Lol, I don't want to really blog to anyone my diary :) and I have no readers ;)

WordPress is it going to solve my problems (Does install MySQL programs ... is that the Database??) or just be another thing I get a slight understanding of and start asking you heaps of questions. :confused0068:
My Signature

Posted Image

#60 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 16 May 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

WordPress is it going to solve my problems (Does install MySQL programs ... is that the Database??) or just be another thing I get a slight understanding of and start asking you heaps of questions. :confused0068:

Oooooh no sorry you have a LOT of problems :yes: AND yes apparently a very slight understanding  and more questions *sigh*

Your biggest problem {insert joke here} is you don't have the background yet to realize how many ways you can do what you want to do ... srsly LOTS :yes: AND there are tons of programs available that could be tweaked to do it as well. For instance I would of probably tweaked some code for a day planner or event calendar.

That said I am actually very impressed at how far you've gone with this and how much you've learned in a very short time :yes: {<= this sentence guaranteed atleast 99% mock free} ... you know considering yer Oz background and mental status :yes: {ok that's mostly mock ... mostly ...}  :bunny:
My Signature
- siguie -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com