#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,763 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

Just checking  in with what's been going on and why I am not on as much as I was. It's called...A JOB!!  Yeah, I've posted a lot before with some other jobs, but my hours keep changing and I am learning about a lot of stuff AND trying to be productive so I can advance. I'm kind of in on the ground floor, there is a LOT of fast expansion, so the early hires have the best opportunities.

I work for a company less than 6 miles from where I live that does customer support outsourcing for a lot of companies. At least for now, my division is handling all support via email, which is tons better than working in a call center. I'm good at writing, so I am doing well. I just got moved from support to sales...which isn't sales in the sense you're probably thinking of. It's more geared to get people started using the the product, answering questions and basically onboarding them, where support is for established users.

As I'm training in "sales", I had to move from a 1 pm to 10 pm shift to 6 am to 3 pm, which I am not handling very well...but it's only temporary for a few weeks, then I'll be 11 am to 8 pm. The company is a LOT of fun, very loose, casual, light hearted, but also very professional in helping our client's customers. I thought I'd feel out of place, most employees are in their 20's and 30's, and I'm..well...older! But I fit in fine and feel like i belong.

The atmosphere is a lot like you may have seen in videos of Google HQ (we do some support for Google as well). We have tons of diversity, more than you'll see in most places. Speaking of videos, here is one i can publicly post

https://www.youtube....h?v=-MEF4Tz80F0
Posted Image

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,729 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

I love the work environment! .... I think I would be at the pool table everyday for at least one of my breaks.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

Unfortunately that's upstairs. We did go up there to start our interview, but overall that area is for specific divisions/client support. Ours is on the ground floor. From what I hear, it's more for show and a lousy pool table. But we have a tiered amphitheater full of large pillows
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

:) A job trumps it all :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

Great to hear, Vlawde!  Glad you're enjoying it!

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Congarats Posted Image
- siguie -

#7 dash

dash

EVP

• GS Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

always good to start something new a bit like a holiday

#8 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Hi, Vlawde!

So how is it going?  Do you continue to find your job interesting?  I know that it is important to enjoy your work and your blog reads as though you do or did.  You haven't blogged anymore.

What's up?

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

Heya Menet, thanks for asking. Yeah still fun and a fun atmosphere.  Otherwise trying to keep up on the bills, catch some movies '(It' is awesome!), TV shows, getting back into gaming more. Also dealing with some family health issues. Oh yeah, my car got broken into in my driveway several weeks back. Took out the center of my dashboard with the radio, AC/Heat settings, hazard lights and other stuff. Hopefully the repair place will get the parts in this week.

Insurance will cover my radio but not the amplifier and subwoofer. They'll replace thn radio once the Dash is fixed
Posted Image

#10 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 17 September 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Heya Menet, thanks for asking. Yeah still fun and a fun atmosphere.  Otherwise trying to keep up on the bills, catch some movies '(It' is awesome!), TV shows, getting back into gaming more. Also dealing with some family health issues. Oh yeah, my car got broken into in my driveway several weeks back. Took out the center of my dashboard with the radio, AC/Heat settings, hazard lights and other stuff. Hopefully the repair place will get the parts in this week.

Insurance will cover my radio but not the amplifier and subwoofer. They'll replace thn radio once the Dash is fixed

"It" is awesome??  I haven't gone yet and I don't want to watch it on TV.  I'll have to make a special matinee trip.

Sorry about your car.   They haven't caught the culprit. (I like that word).  In my neck of the woods, the criminal usually isn't smart enough to go to a different neighborhood other than his own and he gets caught.

Let me know what your TV lineup is like.  I really enjoy television.  Can't help myself.  I don't subscribe to STARZ so can't watch "American Gods".  That was what drove me to the bookstore.  The novel was good.  Is it going to be up for another season?

Glad to hear that you like your job.  That's important stuff.

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

TV shows,,,Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are at the top of my list, otherwise Preacher, Fear the Walking Dead,, The Exorcist, Face/Off, almost all the paranormal shows, Kindred Spirits my current favorite. Ancient Aliens. Seth McFarland's new Star trek parody The Orville is pretty good

I don't have Netflix or SHowtimes, but I was able to see the first few episodes of the Twin Peaks return, Managed to watch Stranger Things online, and saw the first 2 episodes of Mr. Mercedes (can't see more because it's ATT channel)
Posted Image

#12 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

Yeah.  TV.

Game of Thrones most definitely.  Followed by This Is Us, The Sinner, People of Earth, Midnight TX and Preacher.  Stranger Things I would love to watch but not in my power right now.  I wanted to check out the Orville, better look that one up.

And the new programs are beginning to line up.  I'm checking out the previews ad right now People of Earth is on.....gotta go.

Be talking to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users