Something Is In My House!

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

#1 Cagoodman77@gmail.com

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

Hi there, I have lived at my current house for 12 years.  A few people have witnessed things. Most recently, I watched  a door being shut on its own, something has banged at the very top of my bedroom door in the middle of the night, something has "spoken to me" twice while I was in bed and my back has been touched while in bed. I have a motion activated camera in my bedroom. This was last week @ 9:00pm at night. It is an infared camera & I was not home. But to the left, there appears to be something??  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Thank you for your help & insight!

#2 Cagoodman77@gmail.com

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

Agh!  Nevermind - I cannot get the picture to load ... 😧

#3 Cagoodman77@gmail.com

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

Attached File  IMG_5662.PNG   76.25K   46 downloads

#4 lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

I see what looks like a glare on the left of the photo, is that what you're talking about?

#5 Cagoodman77@gmail.com

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Yes, that is it. It looks like it goes across the picture on the wall. I have had the camera set up for a year and 1/2, and I have never seen anything like this before.  I have no idea what it could be.

#6 lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

When is the last time you've dusted your camera? Debris such as dust or hair on the lens can cause IR glare.

#7 Cagoodman77@gmail.com

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

That would make sense. But, I really don't think it is dust, etc. The camera has taken pictures since then (of me walking around the room) and they are perfect. No glares, etc. I am trying to figure out if their is a way to enhance the picture.  I know something is in the house, I was shocked to see this photo. I am trying to find someone to come to my house for it!  I haven't slept with the lights off in over 3 weeks. I am terrified.

#8 Cagoodman77@gmail.com

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

I just realized that the camera takes 2 pictures for "movement."  The 1st picture shows the "blur" and the 2nd picture, does not. At the top it has date and time. Then says 1 (behind the date) and 2 on the next picture taken back to back. I just noticed that I didn't see it in the 2nd picture.

Attached Files

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,617 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

It has sharp edges and tone levels like glare. But at the same time, I do see what looks like a face!  :huh:
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#10 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

View PostCagoodman77@gmail.com, on 02 October 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Hi there, I have lived at my current house for 12 years.  A few people have witnessed things. Most recently, I watched  a door being shut on its own, something has banged at the very top of my bedroom door in the middle of the night, something has "spoken to me" twice while I was in bed and my back has been touched while in bed. I have a motion activated camera in my bedroom. This was last week @ 9:00pm at night. It is an infared camera & I was not home. But to the left, there appears to be something??  Does anyone have any experience with this?  Thank you for your help & insight!

Hi, CG77:

I'm always fascinated by haunted places.  12 years in a house.  Is this the first time for you or have things happened throughout the years?
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#11 Cagoodman77@gmail.com

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

No!  Things have been happening to me ever since I was growing up, as a child. But, this house that I have lived in has had ALOT of stuff over the past 12 years. Lights off and on, TV's turning off & on, shadows, the floor creeking, talking to me, touching me, closing doors, I've watched pop cans move across the desk (empty, not wet anywhere) both of my children the same night said someone was watching them (in separate rooms, and 8 year age difference). My bedroom door has been beaten on to the point where the door itself is shaking, in the middle of the nights, multiple times.  Weird noises, it just never ends. But, this was the 1st time that I know of that anything was caught on an image.  I'm freaked out, I guess I kinda know it isn't my own mind!  Lol

#12 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Haunted places have a lot of things going on in them.   Sometimes we see them, sometimes it is others.  What surprises me is that for having this kind of thing going on for most of your life, you don't have an understanding of what it is that you want to do with your ability.

It can be scary and you have to get over that.  It isn't easy yet things might calm down if you were not afraid.  It hasn't hurt you and you should take comfort in that.  When I was in contact with things I knew nothing about, I was mindful of my manners.  And even blamed myself for whatever reaction I received and based it upon my behavior.   Now you are the one in control.  Of yourself.  That's important stuff.

You are sharing your space.  That's a healthy attitude.  If you don't want to share it, there may be problems.  Keep your wits about you and keep track of what causes these outbursts.
My Signature

#13 Kristin

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

I agree with Menet! 12 years and it hasn't hurt anyone, just keep remembering that and do everything you can to stop being afraid. Fear will become your problem not the Spirit if you continue to be afraid. Your mind will twist and turn and so much more when your afraid and fear is also contagious so if your afraid your children then are afraid and your all in the same mindset. Not Good!!! Its sounds to me like you have an action getter who likes to get you attention now and then. You have lived 12years with this Spirit I'm actually surprised you haven't giving it a name but anyways it hasn't done anything but let you know its there. Please stop being afraid and do what you feel needs to be done. You can contact someone or learn to share your space like Menet said. which I think is a great idea from Menet. Knowledge is always the key and there are so many people to learn from and their experiences and all of it isn't bad and evil remember that! Good luck and keep us posted we do care.

#14 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

Hello and welcome CG77 to the boards. Everyone has given good advice, I couldn't agree more with what Menet has said, this is your space and you need to take control of it. I was shown once that spirits are like us in the fact that some can sense us and some can't and hopefully the activity will decrease. You need to set some boundaries, focus on the things that you are fearful of and when they happen, make it known that that behaviour is unacceptable!  Make sure you spiritually protect yourself and your environment with whatever ritual you believe in.   Thank you for sharing your pictures :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

I have enhanced this image and used a pixel enlargement program to expand it to 300% of it's original size. It contained a significant amount of chominance and luminance noise with banding. This is typical in low light conditions but with some noise enhancement I removed most of it. I then sharpened the image in Photoshop. Technically this image is now deemed altered and some might term it as  inadmissible.

In my opinion, you have recorded a light reflection that could be sourced from the overhead light bouncing off the reflective picture on the wall and could include the lens of the camera itself giving an appearance of transparency in the left part of the frame in the image.

For what it's worth I have an understanding on the properties of light and reflection. I am a photographer actively persuing a career with indoor/outdoor portrait work. My tenure admittedly only dates 7 years but my study as an investigator extends longer. I am not suggesting that your life exists without a haunting, merely, this image isn't a definition of proof and most likely can be explained with natural causes.

Here's the enlargement.

Posted Image

Edited by EVP, 03 October 2017 - 04:00 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#16 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

I'm so glad you did this, EVP.   Did the analyses include the 2nd picture that she posted?   Minute(s) apart where there is no "glare".  I was bouncing back and forth between them and trying to get out of the house.  I couldn't focus on it.

The two pictures are further down from the first.  I know nothing about the camera she was using (but I don't think she wants to share her bedroom) yet I know that you would know what questions to ask.

And I'll apologize to CD77 if I came across to easily with her.  (We are practically strangers).  I get impatient when experiences outnumber the experienced.  I'm sorry about that, CD77.
My Signature

#17 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

View PostMenet, on 03 October 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm so glad you did this, EVP.   Did the analyses include the 2nd picture that she posted?   Minute(s) apart where there is no "glare".  I was bouncing back and forth between them and trying to get out of the house.  I couldn't focus on it.

The two pictures are further down from the first.  I know nothing about the camera she was using (but I don't think she wants to share her bedroom) yet I know that you would know what questions to ask.

And I'll apologize to CD77 if I came across to easily with her.  (We are practically strangers).  I get impatient when experiences outnumber the experienced.  I'm sorry about that, CD77.

Hi Menet, before I go any further welcome back. You have been missed by all of us including myself. I have always enjoyed your approach, intellect and curiosity.

I did not analyze the other two images found further down in the thread. I merely cherry picked the first one containing the anomaly in question.

I realize many feel a definitive practice in paranormal photography is to snap images before and after in threes or more but I personally do not feel that photography in the paranormal is an adequate method in evidence collection. It is more suited to documentation purposes in my opinion.

Further information would be required including daylight shots, a full panorama of the room, EXIF data a recreation process etc., to make a better determination. Ideally, a video camera recording 30+ fps would be a considerably more viable form of visual evidence collection.

Unfortunately, lower end cams do not use treated lenses and are very susceptible to flare, reflections and perspective distortion. I do not know many low-end cams that even use a lens hood that would reduce flare or reflection into the lens.

Small sensor camera combat low light conditions by increasing sensor sensitivity through ISO and typically drag the shutter longer to capture an adequately exposed image. Digging deeper into the EXIF data might shed some light further into the image. Pun intended “devil is in the details”.
My Signature
Posted Image

#18 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:37 AM

Thank you, EVP, for that very warm welcome.  I'm glad to be back and I'm glad that you are here.   I can't think of anyone better to take with them than you when it comes to exploring haunted places.

Can you tell me why ghost hunter's take before and after pictures.  I've never understood it.  Documentation?  There is seldom anything before or after an anomalous capture.  Is it all about lighting?
My Signature

#19 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostMenet, on 05 October 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Thank you, EVP, for that very warm welcome.  I'm glad to be back and I'm glad that you are here.   I can't think of anyone better to take with them than you when it comes to exploring haunted places.

Can you tell me why ghost hunter's take before and after pictures.  I've never understood it.  Documentation?  There is seldom anything before or after an anomalous capture.  Is it all about lighting?

Thanks Menet!

Can you tell me why ghost hunter's take before and after pictures?  I've never understood it.

Many investigators feel that there is a strong possibility of evidence if only one of the images contains the anomaly. The one frame to their logic suggests a change in conditions. If the preserved anomaly is observed in multiple frames, further investigation of the location can reap a simple explanation if it is a long-standing condition. Phenomena usually is very brief when it manifest although there are exceptions.

Unfortunately, there is faulty logic in that determination unless controls are implemented during the investigation. Even then, there still is possibility of human error. Evidence collection is most often reviewed days later and phenomena is usually detected during the data sifting.

Our team mostly monitors during an investigation from a home base where all investigators are accounted. When we performed dark vigils, we camp out in one location in groups and we documented who, what, where and timestamp. I have seen many an investigations where you have investigators wandering around, creating noise with no documentation supporting their movement. Several days later, the data is reviewed and someone detects phantom footsteps (investigators moving) or anomalous lights (flashlights) caught in video. No one is going to remember without a log that “John & David” were roaming at that time.

I learned early in my tenure the pitfalls of data sifting. If possible, investigations needs to be conducted real-time not days after when our minds can no longer remember miniscule details. There have been plenty of scientific studies in event retention and we become exponentially forgetful in a very short period. We also have difficulty in retelling events after the fact and the more we tell the story, the more it changes. Remember the old game telephone. In fact, criminal testimony from witnesses are most often discredited because of inaccuracies.

A good read is Scientific Paranormal Investigation: How to Solve Unexplained Mysteries by Benjamin Radford. I must warn you, if you are en-wrapped with strong belief systems with the paranormal, this book will test you and could anger your inner self. Radford is a hardcore skeptic part of the Randi brand and at times very brutal chastising the ghost hunter. I do respect him. He sharpened my critical thinking process during an investigation.

Documentation?

To be more concise, a picture of a dwelling(s), room(s), entrances and hallways that would be included in a report resulting from an investigation. Quite often including an image in a report when describing an event allows a more thorough understanding of a situation described in text.

There is seldom anything before or after an anomalous capture.

As mentioned above, most phenomena is observed only for a brief moment. It is believed the energy needs specific conditions to manifest and lasts typically a fraction of a second before extinguishing like a light bulb being turned off.

I personally have only witnessed phenomena collectively a couple of times but on two occasions, it was not a fraction of a second. The phenomena lasted once for 10 seconds. It is quite possible my perception of time when that took place was misrepresented. When that happens your mind is thrown into a quandary and I can see time being misplaced for a variety of reasons.

Is it all about lighting?

I personally believe controlling lighting during an investigation is crucial. Using off camera lighting for still cameras, video camera is vital unless you enjoy sifting through footage of naturally created orbs created by humans, nature, dog dander caught between the lens and flash used.

We had our surveillance system cameras modified shortly after purchase. IR lights were swarmed around the video lens on each camera. Our technical manager modified the IR lights so they could be turned off with a toggle. We experimented with UV-A (black lights) and with IR panels well away from the cameras to reduce light bounce from the contaminated air.

Another good read on Orbs:

http://ghostgadgets....ledge/orbs.html

In my opinion, most orbs can be explained. Controlling the conditions will reduce the red herrings. There are exceptions but scientists explain it as possibly ball lightning or ignited swamp gas.

I have once observed a self-illuminating orb with a 3-foot long tail meander almost with purpose for several seconds among several tombstones before disappearing. The jury is out on that one event but it was definitely worthy to witness.

Edited by EVP, 05 October 2017 - 02:44 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#20 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,693 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

EVP for MVP! Great information there. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do so
My Signature
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com