• Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:00 AM

Author  Comment  
HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/14/04 6:34 pm)
ezSupporter

A Haunting in Progress....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Everyone,

The past two nights, my hallway has been extremely active, and I think whatever may be in there enjoys the music I have been playing. Everytime I play Clannad's "I Will Find You", I get these very chilly cold puffs of air coming out of the hallway. I can tell it's from the hallway and not my fan, as the dust cobwebs near the top of the hallway door are blowing outward.

This is happening right now as I type. I am going to take some EMF readings. Brb

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/14/04 6:50 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: A Haunting in Progress....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I got some but had to get out quick, as I got a very threatening feeling from the left closet area, which I have never felt before.

Here are the readings:

Stationary - 4.5 Feet from floor: 1.5 to 2.0 on EMF.
2 Feet up from floor - 5.0 on EMF.
6 Feet up from floor - Varies - 1.8 to 2.5 on EMF.

I just saw a bright flash of light in the bathroom too, and the bathroom light was not on. The cold breeze is still blowing.
I'm a little scared.  

#2 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:30 AM

hebegeebe
ghost writer
(10/14/04 6:58 pm)
Don't be scared.
I'm here.  

Ask it to stop, and tell it it's scarring you a bit (please).

Those are odd readings. And it sounds like it doesn't like your music. lol

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:02 pm)
ezSupporter

I told it that I respect it, and I respect the space within it wants to dwell. The atmosphere is not as heavy, but the dam breeze is still blowing. This is the second night now I have played that song, and that breeze has kicked up. Tonight was much worse. My chest feels tight too. The hallway has been quiet for a long time until now.

hebegeebe
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:05 pm)
Ask it nicely to stop the cold breeze, or to get you a blanket. Humor can help calm I've noticed.

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:13 pm)
ezSupporter

I have a blanket around me. Just pulled it from my bed. The air is still moving, but slowing now.

hebegeebe
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:17 pm)
Good.

You know what you could try hun.
How about asking, from your preferences, what music it likes that you have.

Play a few songs of each kind of music, see what happens.
I think that the one it doesn't like though should be left to head phones listening.

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:20 pm)
ezSupporter

I wonder if this is grandma acting up. But why would she try to frighten me?   I never knew my gran, but I know she would hhave loved me. I just want to cry. I feel so sad. is this normal? I have felt this at other haunted locations as well.

hebegeebe
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:33 pm)
I don't think it's your gran, but I don't think it is trying to hurt you either.

Maybe it just wants attention. *shrug*
Are you talking out loud? Telling it that you are talking about it to everyone so they know it's there also?

Maybe something is up and it is trying to tell you something.

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:39 pm)
ezSupporter

It's calm now.. the cats have come back into the room, but not the hallway. I need to take more photos in there. This hallway is only maybe six feet long, but the EMF went just crazy in there tonight. I don't understand it at all.

Ok Marleigh just stepped into the hallway. If seh can go in, then whatever it was has finished its' tantrum for now..

Hugs,

Andrea  

hebegeebe
ghost writer
(10/14/04 7:59 pm)
Awww, your welcome hun.

Keep us posted.

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/14/04 8:00 pm)
ezSupporter

I will. I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  Thank you again for all your help. It was really very scary, and I guess something I will have to get accustomed to in time.  

ceaserr
ghost writer
(10/14/04 8:02 pm)
wow how did i miss this post,I wish you luck,hun. I hope it goe's away

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/15/04 11:35 am)
ezSupporter

Hi Heebs and Cease,

I am so tired now, and still at the office lol. Last night was really wild. Yet I had a very sound sleep. Maybe whatever it was just sucked the energy right out of me and when my head hit the pillow, it was really "lights out". I want to make this thing happy, but I do love my music lol.

Love you both - you really helped me last night.

Hugs,

Andrea  

hebegeebe
ghost writer
(10/15/04 12:17 pm)
You're more than welcome sweetie! Any time.  

ceaserr
ghost writer
(10/15/04 10:40 pm)
wow I never knew your house was active.

HauntedAsylum  
ghost writer
(10/16/04 12:06 am)
ezSupporter

Ohhh Cease it can be bad sometimes.  I posted some things about it back on the old Board. There seems to be two types of events that happen - the more pleasant ones during the day, and the more active/scary ones at night. The ones during the day involve light touching on the backs of necks, when no one is there, or smelling my grandmothers' perfume when no one has it on. At night is when I get the cold gusts of air coming from my hallway, and I see flashes of light now in there.

#3 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location:jamie oliver lifted the floor tile under which he lay and smiled for it would be oliver's next twist
  • Interests:Showing up to work on time.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 12:40 PM

ohmy.gif

#4 Guest_HauntedAsylum_*

Guest_HauntedAsylum_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:21 PM

Just as an update, I may very well possibly have four spirits that I am working with. Three are family members, and very very gentle. The other is a Shadow, who has taken up residence in my bathroom as well as the downstairs living room. I am working with another GS member to help me understand what is going on. The Shadow makes me nervous.  sad.gif

#5 Guest_corvette1972_*

Guest_corvette1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:26 PM

Do you take pictures?

#6 Guest_HauntedAsylum_*

Guest_HauntedAsylum_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:10 PM

Hi Vette,

Yep, I took some photos, but got nothing. I only took two though. My EMF though spikes like mad in the hallway, and there are no electrical devices or outlets near. It's very spooky at times. sad.gif

#7 Guest_corvette1972_*

Guest_corvette1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:11 PM

WOW thats awsome!

#8 SynfulGyrl

SynfulGyrl

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Music, Pool, Bowling, Online Journals, Poetry, Writing, Reading Laurell K Hamilton, Piercings, Tattoos, my girlfriend

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:03 AM

Wow those were interesting posts, thank you for sharing your experiences. Maybe you should try to get the shadow ghost to tell you why its there and ask it what it wants from you. Like a cold breeze for yes to a question or a tickle for no.
user posted image

~23~Female~Maryland~Ghost Lover

#9 WhispersSoftly2u

WhispersSoftly2u

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:10 AM

HA...we have four ghosts in our home that we know of. I was wondering how you deal with things as they happen? I'm new to actually studying and investigation and would love suggestions on how to deal with my own unseen roommates. The activity in my home is not constant but at times I feel like they do things to let us know they are still "home." When things do occur in front of my eyes I'm not sure if I should acknowlege them or not? I do talk to them but various posts don't encourage this. What are your views?

#10 Nichole30

Nichole30

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:21 AM

HauntedAsylum.. I would keep taking pics in your hallway to see what you can get.  Do you have a digital cam?  Or a regular?

#11 Guest_HauntedAsylum_*

Guest_HauntedAsylum_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:50 PM

Hello Whisper and Nicole,

The activity in my home is not constant but at times I feel like they do things to let us know they are still "home." When things do occur in front of my eyes I'm not sure if I should acknowlege them or not? I do talk to them but various posts don't encourage this. What are your views?

Whispers this is exactly what is going on in my home. I know that two of my spirits are dearly beloved family members. MY grandfather and grandmother, both on my mother's side. They can be found in my hallway. Mind you, my hallway has sets of mirrored sliding doors on both sides. With respect to the mirror post in the other forum, I wonder if they could be trapped? I was also told that there was a small child figure at my grandmother's waist. I know she had another child who was a perfectly healthy baby boy, but was sadly strangled by his own umbilical chord in the womb.  sad.gif I have been told that they are very friendly, and overly protective of me.  biggrin.gif I was also told that grandpa in particular enjoys being a ghost, and will even go so far as to scare my cats.....and they DO act funny in that hallway.  blink.gif

The final spirit is the one I am concerned about. It resides in my bathroom, and will sometimes travel downstairs. It's the one who takes things. It also likes to watch me while I bathe.  sad.gif It's a Shadow, and a very large one. It has no eyes. I was told that the potential lies there for it to become something to be concerned about.   sad.gif

I do talk to my spirits. Before I enter the hallway, I talk to grandma first, and ask her if I may enter, that I wish to see if she is ok, and that I want to try and help her move on. I will then step into the hallway with my EMF, and do a sweep reading, then a stationary reading. The stationary reading really scared me about two weeks ago. While I had the EMF on, I asked grams several questions - "How are you?" "Can I help you?" etc. All this time, the EMF read between .5 and 1.0. Not much. Then I asked "Are you tired?" - That's when it spiked to 2.8. I nearly jumped out of the hallway. I thanked her, and thanked the others, and promptly left.

My answer to your question would be to guage it on a daily basis - if they do nice things for you, thank them, and give them love and support. Positive reinforcement. If they do negative things, prove to them that you are strong, and will not be scared or frightened. I am somewhat scared myself in that whatever is in my bathroom makes me nervous.  sad.gif

Nicole - I actually use the throwaway cameras. I haven't taken any more pics, since the first two. I will keep trying though. I would LOVE to take some EVP's, if I had a voice recorder.

Thank you all for your care smile.gif I will keep you all updated.

Hugs,

Andrea

#12 WhispersSoftly2u

WhispersSoftly2u

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

HA...after reading your posts my activity is one to sit back and enjoy. I don't feel that they want to harm us. We've been at this location for 10 years now and only recently has the activity increased. I think they would have harmed us by now if that was their intention.

I'm not new to the paranormal world by any means only in terms of actively studying it and using technology such as camera's and recorders. Interestingly the activity in my home increased after I started doing research whether it be by reading books, reading GS posts on the computer (especially this) or the television watching ghost related videos and DVD's.

Last week I was feeling despondent and had no where to turn. My husband went on an extended "vacation" at the Benzie "Hilton" for a month and a half. During this time things have become difficult here at home. I was feeling so down that I went to the hallway where I know our resident "male" ghost hangs out and decided to talk to him. He is not happy. He isn't mean so I decided to seek him out seeing he could relate. I spoke to him for about 5 minutes and I felt much better. I felt that he was listening. Since my conversation with him I'm hearing more footsteps within my home. The lastest incident occurred when my husband and I were laying in bed struggling to get up at the alarm's unwelcomed request. I keep my bathroom door open just enough to allow some light in my room. About 7:30 AM I heard the door shut. Thinking my husband had gotten up to use the bathroom I looked to his side of the bed and he was next to me. I asked him, "did the bathroom door just close?" He said it had. We thought our animals did it but they weren't even near the door. I wondered later if my talking to him has brought this on. I don't feel in any way threatened. But, it still sends tingles up my spine. I just wondered if you felt scared when your activity was going on.

A friend advised us to seek professional paranormal help to find out why the activity has increased. She thinks they may need help. Do you think this is possible?