Free Skins
© Fisana

Jump to content


* * * * * 2 votes

Please Read - Freaky Side Show


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

I started the “The Freaky Sideshow” forum as a fun attraction, nothing more and nothing less. You might say it’s comparable to any other Side Shows you might have seen at carnivals decades ago.

It’s my special gift to the forums and I hope it will be accepted & enjoyed. The bonus is, you as members have the chance to view these particular pictures before the rest of the world, in most cases. No one is saying for sure that they are actual evidence. ;)  We leave that for the viewer to decide.

Let me just end with this…
IT'S JUST A SIMPLE SIDESHOW FOLKS. JUST RELAX AND ENJOY!  :D

Please give your analytical brain a rest. .....and be sure to enjoy the endless popcorn bar.  ;)

Posted Image

We do have a Ghost Photo Forum where members can analyze photos.  Click Here to go to that forum

If you have any concerns... you are welcome to PM me.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

Wow, Klainey... our popcorn looks really good!  :carrot:
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:28 AM

Yum it even is making me hungry and I just ate :New:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:47 AM

I'm heading there now for a big tub!  ^_^
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Seance

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,763 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

It's just really frustrating to not be able to comment on some photos. There's not really anything you can say about them without wondering what they are..in other words, analyzing.
Posted Image

#7 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

    Orb

  • GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lincoln, Nebraska

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostVlawde, on 29 November 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's just really frustrating to not be able to comment on some photos. There's not really anything you can say about them without wondering what they are..in other words, analyzing.

I agree. I haven't taken part in any of the Freaky Side Show stuff (at least from what I can remember) but it would be nice to at least comment on some of the pictures. :)

#8 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

    Lead Moderator

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My House
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

I know you guys are frustrated and stuff, but it's going to be ok, you will survive, you will thrive, life will go on.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#9 EVP

EVP

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

I sometimes feel management fails to realize that forums aren't meant to be restricted from use but to contribute. It's similar to authoritarianism.

Edited by EVP, 29 November 2017 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Seance

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,763 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

I tend to agree with EVP. Free discussion is (IMO) a much better option than being shown something and being told you can't comment on it
Posted Image

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

I tried explaining how this particular forum is going to work but apparently it's not being understood by some of you, so....

Please allow me to be blunt. The "Freaky Side Show" is just that, a show. We are not now, nor will we ever allow analyzing on that forum... period. There's already a forum dedicated to just that. I suggest you check it out.  CLICK HERE

For clarification...
I will not allow a side show photo to be picked apart and discredited on the assumption that it might be explainable. But yeah, if you know for sure that it's explainable, then yes, PM me with your explanation and if it's credible, I'll move the picture to another forum or remove it entirely. But that's already stated on every Freaky Side Show page. So it shouldn't be a surprise.  ;)  .....But all are welcome to comment otherwise on the Side Show forum photos.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

I ask kindly that any further concerns be taken to PM
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostEVP, on 29 November 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

I sometimes feel management fails to realize that forums aren't meant to be restricted from use but to contribute. It's similar to authoritarianism.

Sorry you feel that way, EVP
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#13 siguie

siguie

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

I really REALLY hate to say this BUT I agree with Jim Posted Image

   Posted Image

It's basically just a section devoted to being an Image Gallery and "comments" are being filtered for appropriateness.

Just think of this/that section as being Jim's personal blog and comments may or may not be wanted ... it's no big deal :no: PLUS they are his images being hosted by him so he can do what he wants.


That said why not create a "hidden" forum for established members {100+ posts or something} to post in. IF people really think what they have to say is particularly insightful or an image is worth discussing it could be done there PLUS it's just good to have an area where people can post semi-personal info like emails and what not :yes:
- siguie -

#14 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Well, that's rare that someone actually agrees with me to some degree.  ^_^

As for your last paragraph... we're going to keep it as is for now. But maybe someday... we might consider a private forum with certain conditions to join. But for now, it is what it is. ;)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#15 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

    Lead Moderator

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My House
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

View Postsiguie, on 29 November 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

I really REALLY hate to say this BUT I agree with Jim Posted Image

   Posted Image

It's basically just a section devoted to being an Image Gallery and "comments" are being filtered for appropriateness.

Just think of this/that section as being Jim's personal blog and comments may or may not be wanted ... it's no big deal :no: PLUS they are his images being hosted by him so he can do what he wants.


That said why not create a "hidden" forum for established members {100+ posts or something} to post in. IF people really think what they have to say is particularly insightful or an image is worth discussing it could be done there PLUS it's just good to have an area where people can post semi-personal info like emails and what not :yes:

Awe, Siguie, is this your Christmas present for Jim? :)
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#16 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Seance

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,763 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

Posted Image :th_angel: :D :D :D
Posted Image

#17 siguie

siguie

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 29 November 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Awe, Siguie, is this your Christmas present for Jim? :)

Nu uh :no:

My gift to Jim and everyone else in the forum except for Klainey who desperately needz to werk on her geeknow Posted Image  ... was not explaining in excruciating detail how this could all be done better using a Gallery Mod like this one for SMF ... plus of course the "proper" {aka more betterer} use of member groups and forum permissions Posted Image
- siguie -

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

View Postsiguie, on 29 November 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

Nu uh :no:

My gift to Jim and everyone else in the forum except for Klainey who desperately needz to werk on her geeknow Posted Image  ... was not explaining in excruciating detail how this could all be done better using a Gallery Mod like this one for SMF ... plus of course the "proper" {aka more betterer} use of member groups and forum permissions Posted Image

Posted Image Well, what is my gift besides knocking of your emoticons Posted Imageand... there is NO such word as betterer! I tried the group and permission thing and found this easier for me to use but will not look again. Can you hear the whine in my voice?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#19 siguie

siguie

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 30 November 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

Posted Image Well, what is my gift besides knocking of your emoticons Posted Imageand... there is NO such word as betterer! I tried the group and permission thing and found this easier for me to use but will not look again. Can you hear the whine in my voice?

Oh I got you a couple of Posted Image s and a Posted Image for a stocking stuffer :yes:

Your  inherently deficient Strayanese language skillz and other hemispherically challenged engrish knowledge is truly a beacon to the world :yes: Ya noes like a lighthouse "don't git to close" or maybe more like crime scene tape ... I haven't thunked the analogy all the way thru yet ...

Anywho here is the engrish oxford dictionary definition for ya betterer Posted Image


K so what didja try to do with the member groups and forum permissions?  It's not like they automagically does stuff by themselves or nuthin BUT iffen ya noes what you are doing then yup MAGIC :yes:
- siguie -

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

View Postsiguie, on 30 November 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

K so what didja try to do with the member groups and forum permissions?  It's not like they automagically does stuff by themselves or nuthin BUT iffen ya noes what you are doing then yup MAGIC :yes:

Oh I was everywhere but got cold feet changing members to groups and adding permissions ya nos Posted Image steps Posted Image just looking
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users