Free Skins
© Fisana

I Can't Be The Only One Who Knows What This Is...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 ladybugs984

ladybugs984

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

OK i odn't know if they still have this page up but here is the link

http://www.ghoststudy.com/para/pages/110.htm

Its the second one down.

Animal creature on side of road
Pete writes, "Approximately 11:30 in the pm when I'm going home from a friends house... I'm driving down a pretty busy street when I see this strange animal come out into the road.. at first I thought it was a baby deer, so I slowed down almost to a stop when it picked up road kill with its mouth and dragged it into the farm on the side of the road... it was too dark to see where it went so I drove on... I drove maybe a block when my curiosity got the best of me and I made a U turn.. luckily I had my Olympus D-560 zoom digital camera so I took a few pictures blindly and hoped I got it... I came home plugged it in and there it is... its a bad shot cause u can only see the back but its still it...it has a long flat busy tail, it is obviously a carnivore, its approximately 15-20 inches tall and 25-35 inches long, its ears are strait like that of a deer it has deer like legs, a dog like body, with a black patch on its back like a German Shepherd... I don't know what kind of animal that is or if it has a name if you do know its name or have any info please e-mail me back."

Very interesting description, very intreging, facinating creature, no double about it

but....

does anyone else know what this (not very uncommon) animal is?

Edited by ladybugs984, 08 February 2006 - 03:55 PM.

#2 ladybugs984

ladybugs984

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:01 PM

looks like a fox to me, the tail doesn't look bushy enough in the picture but in the description he said that it had a very bushy tail.  Its kind of sad that no one knows what a fox looks like...

IPB Image

Edited by ladybugs984, 08 February 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#3 ladybugs984

ladybugs984

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:17 PM

I know its kind of an odd first post but it really bugged me for some reason.  I am a huge beleiver that there are things out there that we don't know about and go through phases where i am just obsessed with cryptozoology but this just seemed different to me and it wasn't until i disregarded the strage description of it that i realized what it was.

#4 Thelma

Thelma

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, oil & acrylic painting, photography, sewing, reading, religion, and the supernatural.

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

I thought it looked like a coyote or fox.  I dont think it looks like anything unusual.  I think the photo in the first article on that page is a swarm of bees or hornets.  Do you see the large nest in that first photo hanging in the tree?  

I understand what you are saying.  It is pretty obvious that it is some kind of fox, coyete or wild dog.

#5 CeeOhDee

CeeOhDee

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

I would agree that it's a fox other than the creature in the paranormal gallery submission seems to have a differently shaped head.  It looks more to me like a misshapen head of a donkey.  The eyes seem to be located close together near the top of the head and the ears are shaped like a bears'.   What is your reasoning to say it's definitely a fox?
I am the C.O.D formerly known as Child of Darkness.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

And the sign says "Everybody welcome, come in, kneel down and pray"
But then they passed around a plate at the end of it all
And I didn't have a penny to pay
So I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said, "Thank you Lord for thinking 'bout me, I'm alive and doing fine"  - Tesla

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:19 PM

looks like it has a kangaroo type tail to me, but its head sure looks like a foxes head. its back is arched funny though.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 soraya

soraya

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

that is one weird looking thang! Where was this photo taken? Is there a nuculer plant near by?
The wrongest thing one can do is shut one self off to new things-Susannah York

#8 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:03 PM

Living in rural Georgia all my life, I've had plenty of encounters with fox, coyotes, and all manner of wild dogs. To be quite honest, the creature in the photo doesn't appear to be any of the above to me. I could be mistaken in this instance, but if that is some sort of wild dog, then either the photo is heavily distorted, or there's something wrong with that animal.

#9 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:47 PM

This is why we posted the photo...because nobody can say for certain what kind of a creature this is.  It does resemble a fox or coyote...almost.  wink.gif

#10 Thelma

Thelma

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, oil & acrylic painting, photography, sewing, reading, religion, and the supernatural.

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:49 PM

It doesnt say what country or state these pictures were taken in.  That would be helpful to know in identifying what it possibly could be.  It looks to me like the animal's eyes are closed.  I still think it is a fox with mange or some other illness.  Mange makes animals look strange.  Here is a link with pictures of foxes with mange: http://www.nfws.org.uk/mange/index.htm

#11 Rhizanthella

Rhizanthella

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:00 AM

It doesn't look misshapen at all to me.... a perfectly normal fox (or possibly coyote) trotting off with his yummy roadkill.  wink.gif

Edited by Rhizanthella, 09 February 2006 - 01:16 AM.

Slowly twisting the lilac stalks..........

DeviantArt

#12 andLouise

andLouise

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:28 AM

we have lots of foxes out this way and I have to say it looks like a sickly fox to me nothing strange to me at all!!!

Leah
Posted Image

#13 anaemia

anaemia

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:41 AM

To me it looks very much like a fox carrying a rabbit in its mouth.
IPB Image

#14 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:32 AM

I think it's a fox-a-roo   tongue.gif

#15 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(ladybugs984 @ Feb 8 2006, 05:54 PM) View Post

OK i odn't know if they still have this page up but here is the link

http://www.ghoststudy.com/para/pages/110.htm

Its the second one down.
Very interesting description, very intreging, facinating creature, no double about it

but....

does anyone else know what this (not very uncommon) animal is?

I think it looks like a cat carrying a largish bird that it's caught.
I more think it's a cat than a fox or coyoted because of the shape of the shoulders and back as well as the slim longish tail.

Edited by trin, 09 February 2006 - 01:12 PM.

#16 ~=IKON=~

~=IKON=~

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

Looks like a turtle to me.   blink.gif
Ghost Investigator: 1994-Present
One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching.
If something is 99% impossible, there is that 1% chance it could happen.
If you wake up in the morning and you feel no pain, you probably died sometime in the night

#17 Lady Akasha

Lady Akasha

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal and mythical and my children. I would have no life if i didnt have them.

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:59 PM

i think it looks like a flying squirl its just had its tail bit off by an angry turtle lol.
IPB Image
Trouble Maker #7

"Yeah, obviously we use vampires as a metaphor for something else, something deeper than just the supernatural. But there's just something about the bloodsucking walking dead, that can say so much to people. There are really so many people trying to get control over you on a daily basis and steal your soul in some way, take a part of you..." Gerard Way. MCR

Beware the soul catcher
Who comes in a flash of light.
Trust not a word.
Meet not his eye.
Lest he catch your soul,
Trapping it for all eternity
In his little black box.

--Anonymous

#18 AbsoluteAngel

AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:Techno, metal, video gaming, paranormal research, and all sorts of outdoors stuff

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:29 PM

The top picture titled " Black Spinning Thing" reminds me very much of a sugar glider (flying squirrel *shudders*)

The picture in question does look very fox-like though. Perhaps the cap was taken during shedding season, or the poor baby is mal nutritioned or has mange.  Maybe it's back looks all hunched up because certain predators take a protective stance when it comes to guarding their food.

My husband says it looks like a rabid wombat.  ermm.gif
"Tuesday, you see, had to be free. But somehow, I've got to carry on" Lynyrd Skynyrd

#19 Erinwolfrus

Erinwolfrus

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Humor, the paranormal, animals, mythology, symbolism, music...

blah, too many to list :)

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, it looks like a sick fox. The skin on it appears to be inflamed. Poor baby =(
Join FNORD the FNORD Discordians!
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there. With open arms, and open eyes.

#20 fuzzyghost

fuzzyghost

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

It looks like a wallaby to me. It's in the kangaroo family I believe.
Just my opinion though.
user posted image