• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostSpiritsearching, on 21 February 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

I am sorry Tantric KittenGStudy, as I said, I am not accusing anybody. As I said, I have been unlucky recently and along with my medical problems (including anxiety), just want to know what I would be donating against. That said, if you do not want to share the information with me then there would be no hard feeling on my part and will understand completely and wish you all the success in raising the money needed. You will have to excuse me as I am not computer literate in the slightest. Could you please tell me which hosting site to look at for more information and what to look for?

Why did you edit out my email address. I thought this would be helpful in case you needed to contact me regarding this?
If you click this link, it will bring you to the web page which will show you, what we can have for the $520 (for a new forum) fee. IPS features

or copy and paste this URL into your web address bar: https://invisionpower.com/features

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Ahque Wunantash Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget 9/11/2001)

Posted Image

My Shop

#22 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostSpiritsearching, on 20 February 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

Hello. My name is Tristan and I have been a long time viewer on these boards. The stories always fascinate me and I love seeing peoples differing perceptions regarding photos, experiences etc. The only reason i have finally decided to sign up is because it is worrying me that these boards may go as I usually visit them every couple of days. I would love to make a donation towards the upkeep, however (and please understand me as I am certain that everything is very genuine so I apologise if it seems like I am questioning anybody) I have been unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of a couple of scams recently (on one website and also in my personal life) which of course has made me very wary as I do not have the money to just throw away. Would it be possible for you to send the information you have received regarding the costs of the boards/website going forward and I will then try and donate what I can. My email address is Thank you.

Hi SpiritSearching.... thank you for your consideration in this. What it comes down to is this... the forum community is at high risk of attack because it is broken. And I can no longer continue to fund it. The IPS community suite owns the platform it runs on. And they now have discontinued their support unless we pay $360 a year. Plus we need a years hosting, domain and website design to head up the "help with a haunting" portion of what this forum supports so strongly. So IPS will no longer support us unless we pay the new higher fees. If we don't pay, we lose 14 years of content, plain and simple. Yes, we can start over on a free platform but is it really worth doing that? Probably not, especially with all the competition with social media.

The change will give us all the great features we need so badly. That will include an eCommerce store to take care of our future expenses. A separate site for members to share photos with a rating system. A gallery where members can have their own albums to share photos and Videos! Blogs... where members can actually have their own blogs! A fresh new look with all the great new enhanced features. Automatic spammer protection... and so much more!

So now it's up to the members. ........but I have to do something soon.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users