• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#381 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

Tonight I had smokehouse han and cheese sandwich and gluten-free peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. I made them last night from scratch. They came out really good.

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup unrefined coconut sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare parchment lined cookie sheets.

In a mixing bowl, beat peanut butter, cane sugar and coconut sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, mix for one minute or until combined. Roll one tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; arrange on cookie sheets; one inch apart and flatten with a fork in a crosshatched pattern.

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Makes 24 cookies.

Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
2-1/4 cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1  cup sweet cram butter or vegan substitute
3/4 cup cane sugar
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside.

Beat butter (or sub.), cane sugar, coconut sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl, until just creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well-blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Scoop or roll dough into balls, about two tablespoons each. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Let rest, preferable chilled, for 30 minutes.

Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool completely.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Ahque Wunantash Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget 9/11/2001)

Posted Image

My Shop

#382 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

I made not bangers and mash tonight.

I made bratwurst (good ones,  not johnsonville brats).   Then I browned onions and warmed up half a bag (a pound)  of collard greens in enough butter for four pounds of mashed potatoes (about two ounces) while the potatoes were boiling and seasoned them with salt and pepper enough for all of it (probably four teaspoons of salt and a good teaspoon of pepper).   When that was all done I mashed the potatoes with about a cup of milk (I don't know how much...  enough when I poured it in) and stirred in the hot vegetables and butter.

Everyone complained because usually when I make mashed potatoes I use obscene amounts of butter and cream (I hate no cooking chore more than processing raw potatoes so I make them about twice a year).   They're not used to me making normal ones from scratch.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#383 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

Right now I'm eating a Cheese Pizza from Dominoes.

#384 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

We had crepes filled with smokehouse ham and cheese, tasted pretty good. It probably would have tasted even better, if I had Parma prosciutto, but I didn't have any of that. :Picture 562:

Tomorrow/today, we'll be having Bison burgers.. yum :D I love Bison, also I love venison, but I don't have any of that... bummer. :(

Ahque Wunantash Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget 9/11/2001)

Posted Image

My Shop

#385 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Anything I find Bizarre, paranormal, drawing, coloring, chatting, games, listening about peoples lives, there's probably a bunch of other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

i had biscuits with jam and butter :)
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#386 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:48 AM

:lol: I just had English muffins, with jam and honey-cinnamon butter for breakfast.

Posted Image

My Shop

#387 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

I'm baking bread again (and just used the last of my yeast) and am going to do Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes and peas tonight (I still have another package of meatball mix and some pork chops in the freezer after this).

And I made green rice and pork chops the other night (sear pork chops,  we use boneless loin chops,  dump in rice and all the green things in your spice cabinet with salt and pepper...  my green things are basil,  oregano,  rosemary,  thyme,  marjoram, dill, summer savory and sage and probably one or two I'm forgetting... and cook for the rice.   Do not use minute rice unless you like your pork chops rare).   I found out that you can NOT take a shortcut with it and dump in pesto instead.   It will wind up smelling divine and tasting like nothing.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#388 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:01 AM

mmm swedish meatballs are amazing!

I've got smoked salmon fettuccine for tonight with some flatbread I'm going to make.... actually i might have to go make that now!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#389 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,963 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

I thought noodles were how Swedish meatballs were served. Never seen it with rice or anything.

I had time before work today to have breakfast at Denneys. Eggs, hash browns, sausage and salted caramel/banana pancakes
Posted Image

#390 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Salted caramel/banana pancakes? Sounds good.

I made chicken noodle soup. I just doctored two cans of low sodium soup with:

1 celery stalk, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
1 12 oz can chunk chicken

Lighthouse brand freeze dried herbs:
2 tbsp sliced spring onions
1 tbsp chopped garlic cloves
1 tbsp chopped red onion
1 tsp chopped parsley

McCormick brand herbs & spices:
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
1/4 tsp ground black peppercorn
1/4 tsp turmeric powder

Better Than Bullion:
1 tbsp low-sodium chicken

Posted Image

My Shop

#391 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

Those pancakes must have been why, when I had a banana today, thought about frying it.  It was in my subconscious.

I'm making meatball pizza tonight.  Italian meatball mix from the gas station (more or less just meatballs with basil and oregano) where I get the local meat products, homemade pizza crust with some cornmeal in it for texture, Classico mushroom pasta sauce and cheddar cheese (because we were out of pizza blend shredded cheese).  I think my husband threw some olives and pickled banana peppers on, too.
Posted Image

#392 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

They sell meat at the gas station? Okay, that's a new one on me. I've seen meat sold at our local convenience store, but it wasn't one with a gas station.

Posted Image

My Shop

#393 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

It's a general store type thing.  They have a small feed store in the back (separate entrance).  They buy meat, eggs and produce from local farmers.  I get a kick out of saying that I bought steak (or whatever) at the gas station although the quality rivals our luxury grocery stores.
Posted Image

#394 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Doppelganger

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

So, basically it's a mercantile, like in the old west, where they sell everything under the sun. :lol:

Posted Image

My Shop

#395 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,963 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:16 PM

Stay away from those microwave burritos up front! ;)
Posted Image

#396 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Anything I find Bizarre, paranormal, drawing, coloring, chatting, games, listening about peoples lives, there's probably a bunch of other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:59 PM

I'd be more worried about the beef jerky in the jars at the counter. lol
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users