• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#61 nemohee

nemohee

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Off Duty Cop @ Aug 9 2005, 03:03 PM)
Still at Southern? If so, Hello neighbor! I'm right up the road in Waynesboro.

View Post

No, I'm not at Southern anymore, I had to leave the school as the Admin were constantly messing up (they failed me for classes I didn't even take....long story). I moved up to Milledgeville about two years ago.

But still, Howdy neighbor! It's nice to find someone in the same state on the wide web.  biggrin.gif

#62 LilTue

LilTue

Total Harry Potter Geek

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Tiggertailz @ Aug 7 2005, 06:09 AM)
I read a pretty good one recently, one of my first ghost books in fact.  'Ghost: A Firsthand Account' by Katherine Ramsland.  Basically her experiences of getting into paranormal investigation.  It's really fascinating.  At times I was really creeped out, but I couldn't stop myself! laugh.gif

I've started reading Leslie Rules' Ghosts Coast to Coast, but I've been taking my time with it.  I know it should be a quick read, but it keeps giving me the heebie jeebies.   blush.gif

It's so good to have all these recommendations!  Now if only my local bookstore would carry more books about the paranormal.  Guess I'll have to start looking into Amazon.

View Post

I read Ghosts Coast to Coast and quite enjoyed it!  But I didn't really get the heebie jeegies LoL smile.gif
Posted Image
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

#63 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

I thought about getting that one.

#64 nemohee

nemohee

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:20 AM

The only ghost book to give me the heebie jeebies is the one I'm reading now: "Angels and Apparitions" by Barbara Duffey. But that's only because it's so poorly written. Her other works are better...

I just finished "Phantom Army of the Civil War" and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very entertaining, albeit not very informative.

Edited by nemohee, 11 August 2005 - 04:21 AM.

#65 chilli

chilli

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, travelling, food and wine, animals, politics, TV, and more

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Jul 10 2005, 01:40 PM)
Another gooder is "Ghosts" by Hans Holzer. You can read about ghosts and get a workout at the same time, because this book must weigh about 10 pounds!!! biggrin.gif

View Post

I just got this book today and I'm so excited! It is bloody heavy though dry.gif And not exactly a picturebook either, it reminds me of a very bad physics textbook. Lucky it's on ghosts and not physics rolleyes.gif

#66 ghosthunter182003

ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:-haunting the ghoststudy message board

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(chillichick @ Aug 16 2005, 03:19 AM)
I just got this book today and I'm so excited! It is bloody heavy though dry.gif And not exactly a picturebook either, it reminds me of a very bad physics textbook. Lucky it's on ghosts and not physics rolleyes.gif

View Post

ROTFLMAO

How true, how very true.  Makes me glad I've never taken a single physics class. tongue.gif  There are some pictures in the book, but nothing award-winning.  I just got done reading Holzer's book "Ghosts I've Met".  Very good read.  I just starting reading another of his books called "Real Hauntings".  Pure genius.  *salutes Hans Holzer*
ghosthunter182003

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

#67 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(chillichick @ Aug 16 2005, 03:19 AM)

View Post

LOL!!! Chilli, you will love the stories in that book. And your biceps will be all the more defined after reading it!! smile.gif

#68 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

I have a few of Holzer's books and I love them

#69 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:04 AM

I gotta get this one!

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dynamic/off...es/s1438962.htm
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#70 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(Claire @ Aug 17 2005, 11:04 AM)

Sounds like it's a pretty hard one to get ahold of.....I keep getting "page not found"!!!! laugh.gif

#71 Daemon

Daemon

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, music, cars, astronomy, and well you if you're cute, heh heh.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Tiggertailz @ Aug 8 2005, 12:15 PM)
I guess I can see why you were turned off by it.  I'll admit, the ring did get a little boring. 

As for the pictures, I wasn't that impressed with them either.  Orbs are boring, too likely to be something else. tongue.gif

I guess what appealed to me the most was the whole learning process.  It was exciting.

Thanks for the different points of view though!  Helps my learning process. happy.gif

View Post

Why exactly are orbs boring? Once you know how to spot the natural orbs and how to spot spirital orbs there is very little left to guess about. *shrug*

#72 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:13 PM

I agree I find orbs fascinating. The ones in Katherine's book were just dust and in one case I think the orb in question was the moon.

#73 ghosthunter182003

ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:-haunting the ghoststudy message board

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:37 AM

Has anyone bought a copy of "Encyclopedia of Haunted Places" by Jeff Belanger?  If not, WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?! tongue.gif  Very informative about haunted places in the US, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and Australia.  It even has a complete directory of ghost hunters and profiles on the Warrens, Loyd Auerbach, Hans Holzer & Troy Taylor!  This is a must-have book.  I recommend it.
ghosthunter182003

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

#74 MukiBear

MukiBear

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:reading, watching sunsets, scuba diving, sky diving, telling spooky stories

Posted 29 August 2005 - 12:05 AM

[quote=chrissyee,Jul 10 2005, 08:02 AM]
[color=green]OOH I like Hans Hozer he has been scaring me for many years.wink.gif

I just found "The Psychic World of Bishop Pike" by Hans Holzer. I checked it out from the Anaheim Public Library. It's an oldie but it covers a haunting and some medium communications. I'm gonna love this thread. I practically hyperventilate when I walk into a library.  smile.gif
user posted image

#75 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

A great read is Hans Holzer's Ghost I've Met.

#76 Tiggertailz

Tiggertailz

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(ghosthunter182003 @ Aug 16 2005, 01:53 PM)
ROTFLMAO

How true, how very true.  Makes me glad I've never taken a single physics class. tongue.gif  There are some pictures in the book, but nothing award-winning.  I just got done reading Holzer's book "Ghosts I've Met".  Very good read.  I just starting reading another of his books called "Real Hauntings".  Pure genius.  *salutes Hans Holzer*

View Post

I almost picked up that book, but I was worried I'd throw my back out.  cwy.gif

Sounds like a good one to check out though.  Where's my crane...

"As I was waiting on the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I wish, I wish, he'd go away."

#77 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:58 PM

"Unsolved Mysteries" (not affilated with the show) by Colin Wilson is a really interesting book. It not only deals with ghosts, but other aspects of the paranormal as well. It's a older book that I stumbled over at a used book store. smile.gif

#78 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:44 PM

sounds like a winner, I am gonna have to amazon this one for sure

#79 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

It's also co-authored by Damon Wilson. It is really interesting LD. The part on real-life zombies is really freaky!!

#80 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:02 PM

It sounds cool. I have been trying to get a few more books for my library but cash is not my best bud right now, lol.