Free Skins
© Fisana

Why Are You Here? - On These Forums I Mean... :)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,650 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

Why are you here?
No really... I'm curious. What's your story?

I'm here because of my deep interest in the paranormal. And also because it's my responsibility in part, to see that things run smoothly here. I fought that responsibility for a very long time. But once I accepted it, I found that I love the people, all of you. And much of the time, I crave the opportunity to be here and read your thoughts, your challenges and your mighty opinions. It's all so fascinating!  Thank you all for being here... it means the world to me.

Now you... I want to hear from all of you!  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#2 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:12 AM

Why am I here? I never really thought that much about it.
Originally, I came here to read about the experiences other people have had with the Paranormal.
What I read here piqued my interest in a subject I had already been quite fascinated about.
I'd heard about some ghosts in Hollywood and even had a strange experience at Hollywood Forever
in October of 2003, but I never thought that I would find such a wealth of information about so many
haunted places.
When I posted about them, I had no idea that I'd be given the title "Haunted Hollywood Guru".
I found it funny, intimidating and humbling at the same time.
Then in 2005, an explosion of my own experiences which continue to this day, only not as frequently.
I wanted some explanations, so I started digging. I also have to give props to "Ghost Whisperer" for assisting
me in my research regarding why spirits remain earthbound.
I thought that maybe since I knew more about the who, what, when, where, why and how, maybe I could
help people and explain to them what they were going through. This is what I hope I have accomplished.
In the meantime, I have made some good friends here who have helped me in many ways.
Thank you all.

Edited by Captain Kundalini, 23 March 2017 - 03:20 AM.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:03 AM

Posted Image

I am here because it is a great place to share our experiences and have shared many of mine here with you guys. :yes: It is also a great place to make friends. I hear voices but I am aphantasic, so when I do see spirits I know it isn't my imagination :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,709 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

I found these forums over 10 years ago because I've always had an interest in the paranormal. I probably found it by googling, I like that people have odd experiences, post some possible EVP's and interesting photos. Plus it's a great community!

I would like to see more input from those that actively investigate with evidence they found.
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Why am I here? Well, I've had paranormal phenomenon in my home and life, since I was a child. I honestly, don't remember how I found GS, but I think it was a paranormal search engine, that had led me here.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

I'm here for all of the above. I have been very fortunate in the world of investigation. I have had great paranormal events in my life and like seeing what others have to say about it.
I'm disappointed in myself that I have been lurking here under a few names (not intentionally, just forget) too long and now posting.
Sometimes not thinking too many want to read what I post.
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#7 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

I came here to live up to my parents expectations to be a PITP- Pain In The Posterior. I think I do a great job at that :)

Seriously, I enjoy sharing and pondering alternate thought. Occasionally, I lecture for small group of people and feel that my real niche in life should have been some type of teaching.

I'm disappointed in myself that I have been lurking here under a few names (not intentionally, just forget) too long and now posting.

No need to feel that way now Dave, you're making up for with all the active posting lately :)

Edited by EVP, 23 March 2017 - 02:13 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

I want to learn from people's experiences, and where I can I want to help. I also want to continue to broaden my skills in the paranormal and  there's so many people here with such diverse skills that you can't help but have some of that rub off !

Like most people here, I've been around for a long time, taking a few years off in between and then being drawn back into paranormal investigation.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 Valence

Valence

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

All kinds of paranormal stuff interest me a lot so I wanted to find a forum dedicated to the subject and I wasn't disappointed. ^_^ As I've also mentioned in the introductory post I made, I'm not sure if I'll be exactly active, meaning posting my own things, since there are so many interesting things to read.

Posted Image

I dreamed a dream so pretty that I don't feel so depressed,

'cause it soothes my inner kitty and it helps me get some rest

#10 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

I've seen and experienced spirits and other supernatural phenomena my whole life. And when I say whole life, I mean I don't remember when it started. Of course, there were alot more experiences when I was younger than there are now.

Most of my life, my mother would accuse me of lying or telling stories, being asleep or imagination. But I just knew I wasn't. Of course, crazy people often say they aren't crazy.

After three experiences with shadow ghosts, I decided to do a google search and came across this website. Since that time, it has grown to almost an obsession. I have seen so much. Experienced so much. To me, each story I hear, or see, further validates that I'm telling the truth.

Plus, it's been a decade. Over a decade since I started coming here. Not only have you guys helped me learn and understand more about whats going on, I like to think we've become almost friends and we've all shared bits of our personal lives on here and gotten to know each other better. I've been on many forums, and other websites. I have a BIG mouth, can be very rude, and can't abide what I consider stupid. But here, I clean up my language. I like it so much here that I don't want to lose access. I still mess up sometimes but I like that fact that my views are rather accepted here and I'm not called strange or creepy like has happened to me so many other times when I bring up these subjects.

Edited by moiraesfate, 25 March 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#11 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

I have enjoyed a morbid fascination for things that go BUMP in the night since I was little, and have had a few experiences that defy logic, at least as we know it. I enjoy researching and hanging out with people who do not dismiss this phenomenon as nonsense, but who acknowledge that while much that we read and watch on TV does indeed fall into that category, enough falls outside it to warrant further and unbiased recognition.  

And then I meet the coolest people in forums such as this one!  :th_evil:

#12 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:35 AM

I found GhostStudy while looking for ghost photos. I used to be scared by them, thinking that people actually caught spirits or demons.  Over the years I've come to realize that most are explainable but I'm still holding out hope to see one that convinces me.

I didn't realize there were forums for the longest time.

I like being able to debunk some photos (especially the ones that people say "I swear no app was used"). I like being able to give normal explainations for what could be happening with some people. I think it's good to see it from every angle.

#13 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

I came here as I type "Best Paranormal Forums" into Google.
Now, why did I type this? I typed it as being interested in these Para worlds since I was a child and that my Mother-in-Law saw a Ghost of a man in a brown suit in here bedroom who then faded away a few years back.
I am sceptic at heart as I need to see proof with my own eyes but do believe that there is still a hell of a lot more stuff in the universe that "we" just don't know about and I want to be part of that journey to prove if some of it is real.
My main curiosity is EVP and still not been able to get a single voice on my recorders.

I love the old village atmosphere of times gone by, when everyone knew everyone and everyone got on well with everyone else, I respect everyone first and wish this continues on these forums even though we are spread around our planet and we all have different faiths and beliefs and religions.
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#14 Arinomg

Arinomg

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate, cheese, ghost story

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

I am here because i want to broaden my knowledge about paranormal things that happen with real person in the real life. Also this forum is very friendly and mature. Love you guys

#15 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

I happened to stumble upon GhostStudy.com almost 15 years ago while also looking at the Ghosts of Tombstone website.  GhostStudy really jumped out at me because it offers shadow ghost photos/analysis, a huge variety of ghost photos that I still have not seen competition for, and some great ghost stories.  I happened to come across this forum back in August of 2012 and have been hooked on it ever since.  The stories and photos that get shared on here are awesome!

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users