• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 12:27 PM

I got response to a submission for information from the Catholic University of America, School of Architectural & Planning concerning Architecture and Phenomenology specifically Lincoln's Cottage.

Haunted places are often Sacred Spaces with multiple layers?

The real problem begins here with what are Sacred Places? How to define it. That is the big question.

As I delved into trying to find the known definition of Sacred Spaces, I came across this study, on Lincoln's cottage. Browsing through it, I thought, "Oh goodie! Some one is working on their Phd." (when college grads work for their doctorate they come up with some fantastic and informative studies and projects) I took the online tour and looked at their questionnaire or references to it (I had read that were applicable to this setup which excited me) plus I wanted to know who was doing the study. (which I could not find)

I spent time on this site but I don't remember asking for the results of the study which I found in my downloads earlier this week? and then received a reply asking me why I had requested it. I thanked him and he wished me luck.

Could be old age.  LOL

I know this may be boring to a lot of people. This is what I got out of it. People continue to research "Haunted Sites" which Lincoln's Cottage reportedly is, they are utilizing other peoples research to further their own (I love this) and after I had reviewed how the tour was presented, I thought that it worked. This place is haunted. Lincoln's Cottage is haunted. Emotionally driven based on what others had learned.

Yes. And the research was done in 2016 I think. So, I was behind and anything I said was null and void because it was this past summer that I found reference to it while researching Haunted Houses although I couldn't bring myself to telling the Catholic Church that.

Spirituality. Haunted.

Emotionally driven. That makes me crazy. lol
In Goblin Mode

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 11:54 PM

It was an interesting read Menet. I see Lincoln liked to visit the white house in spirit; so I took a virtual tour of the cottage.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 02:39 AM

They had Lincoln's Cottage on the news earlier this winter and I wondered if they were still doing the research on it and wanted more participants but they didn't mention the project at all. It wasn't even Presidents Day. It's like, where did this come from and what is the point? It's like dropping a rock in your lap and this week it continued.

And when research is done, it takes decades to get any real practical use out of it. Did you notice anything about the cottage when you took the tour? I took it coming in through another vantage point and I didn't realize it at the time. That was just this past summer. It was so interesting that I posted it to my reading list. And then I threw it out. I regularly clear my files and kick myself for it later.

This is what I thought when I reached the end of it. It reminded me of Bem and the research he did working backwards. It worked no matter which door you went through. The front door or the back door of the tour. But it wasn't a virtual tour.  I got the research tour.  It must still be out there somewhere but when I looked for it, I went back pages on Google and could not find it, but I didn't find the site using Google. And I don't keep my history, I've got to do something about that.

I'll have to see if anymore Lincoln Cottage info comes my way. I might have to go there. lol
In Goblin Mode

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,941 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 04 March 2022 - 02:18 PM

"Oh goodie! Some one is working on their Phd." (when college grads work for their doctorate they come up with some fantastic and informative studies and projects

Interestingly enough, these projects apparently get put on hold shortly after their degrees are earned by the undergraduate. According to Dean Radin, such projects are encouraged during their undergraduate but not after the degree is obtained. Radin stated, employment opportunities are limited if further exploration into the pseudoscience is continued. This can certainly discourage the process of parapsychology advancements.
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 04:25 AM

Wow, EVP it most certainly would discourage postgrads :headlbash:

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 10:40 AM

Hi, EVP.  I haven't read Dean Radin in years. I have a lot of respect for the man but you do not really believe that people who are passionate about their interests just lay down and die do you? I still read David Chalmbers, and now follow David Luke and Jack Hunter and look for George Hansen.

And just to remind you, I live in the world of what is considered pseudo-science, at this time. At this time being the key phrase. Things change. Ideas evolve. Fortunately, there are people who don't allow others to dismiss what they are passionate about. So no matter what Dean Radin said, I don't think that flag flies so easily any longer.

What defines a Sacred Site remains undetermined at this time.

Edited by Menet, 05 March 2022 - 10:41 AM.

In Goblin Mode