Free Skins
© Fisana

Not Paranormal But Still Weird & Morbid....

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

A guy in Oregon decapitates his mother then goes to the store with her head and stabs the clerk (clerk survives)....
https://www.washingt...erk-police-say/
....and it all happened on Mother's Day.

Apart from "He's mentally ill", what would possess a guy to do this? Now it's obvious he had issues but his devastated Father is baffled by the whole thing. I can't imagine what was the catalyst for this. What weird delusional reason he must have had (however weird).

Earlier; He wanted a dog and his parents got him one and he was described as "depressed".

A report somewhere states he killed the dog, too.

When shoppers tackled him and rescued the clerk, he was basically catatonic and right before the attack, he told someone he was thirsty.

He has bad eyesight, lived with his parents and collected Social Security.

This is seemingly random and weird....almost "Rudy Eugene" weird.

He killed his mom and tried killing the clerk. Did he have a weird assumption that they were having an affair or were involved in something he didn't like? Why these two people in particular?

And it was his Mom....on Mother's Day.

Even with a severe mental illness, there's usually some weird "logic" or "reason" or "catalyst" for WHY a messed up person would do something like this. Someone doesn't just kill their Mom on Mother's Day then attempt to stab a certain gentleman at the store for absolutely no reason.

The Father stated that he could never see his son doing such a thing.

Anyone speculate on what this weird guy's issue is? Theories?
Posted Image

#2 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

Maybe on drugs, this could be why he was thirsty.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#3 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

View Postkevinscan, on 16 May 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

Maybe on drugs, this could be why he was thirsty.

I figured that.

But beheading your Mom on Mother's day then going to the next town to stab a store clerk is an awful lot of hassle for a guy who's stoned.

Was Mom like, "No; I won't give you money for drugs"?

Looking at his mugshot, it's obvious that he's a meth-head. He's in his mid-thirties but has no teeth and looks elderly. A young, 30-something should look....y'know....young....especially in this day in age where 30 is 20, 40 is 30, etc.

I'd imagine that he's such a massive meth-head that it literally destroyed his brain to the point where he could no longer think and function like a regular person. He probably went berserk after what would've been an otherwise regular disagreement with his Mom. He was likely stoned out of his gourd at the moment, got mad and lopped off her head.

He probably went to that store because he was wandering in a daze and that guy was attacked because he was the closest person to him....

Here's a theory. Perhaps it went down like this....
  • Guy has a Meth-addiction so bad that his teeth fell out, he aged 30 extra years and his brain is basically tapioca pudding.
  • Guy demands money from Mom so he could buy the stuff.
  • Mom says no to Guy. Guy freaks out.
  • Guy kills Mom and cuts off her head.
  • Guy is in some weird daze state holding his dear mommy's head in his arms.
  • Guy goes to store to kill clerk and steal money for Meth.
  • Guy fails because other stopped him.

Posted Image

#4 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:27 PM

The guy wasn't in the driver's seat.

#5 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

View PostTrue North, on 16 May 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

The guy wasn't in the driver's seat.

Obviously!
Posted Image

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:55 AM

View PostSpukiKitty, on 16 May 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Here's a theory. Perhaps it went down like this....
  • Guy has a Meth-addiction so bad that his teeth fell out, he aged 30 extra years and his brain is basically tapioca pudding.
  • Guy demands money from Mom so he could buy the stuff.
  • Mom says no to Guy. Guy freaks out.
  • Guy kills Mom and cuts off her head.
  • Guy is in some weird daze state holding his dear mommy's head in his arms.
  • Guy goes to store to kill clerk and steal money for Meth.
  • Guy fails because other stopped him.

I like your points list, SpukiKitty and I agree with it. ........it seems to make sense on how it all played out.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

If he wasn't driving, who was?

A father suffers the loss of a wife and son, struggles with the "why?", and will likely beat himself up for not having prevented it.
A son lives with his mother's blood on his hands; lives with the reality he murdered his mom and viciously assaulted and harmed someone else.
A man is horrifically attacked and severely wounded in a seemingly unprovoked and senseless assault.
A family is destroyed.
Those directly involved, witnesses, and family and friends are traumatized (both physically and mentally/emotionally).
Many of those in the community are disturbed by the event.
Many of those who the story reaches are disturbed by the event.
Many wonder "what the heck??"
The crimes feel more 'wrong' because of the manner in which they were committed and because of the timing.

The driver is aware that sons murdering mothers on Mothers Day is disturbing. That carrying around a head is disturbing. That seemingly senseless horrific acts are disturbing. The driver wanted to cause suffering, both immediate and long-term. Wanted to traumatize and disturb. They did a great job.

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

A lot to think about, True North.... but what are you saying exactly?
Past trauma is the driver?
Posted Image

#9 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:41 PM

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Like I know the article, I read it. But this "Driver" thing is confusing the heck out of me
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#10 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

he's implying the killer was possessed, it certainly fits the bill.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#11 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Ah, well I don't know if he is possessed or not. But mental illness and illegal drugs mixing can be a very bad thing.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#12 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

I blame it on drugs and mental illness. The man was still living with his parents and....LOOK AT HIM....A 36-year-old man should not look like that! He's haggard and toothless....sure signs of severe Meth use.

Now; If he was a perfectly healthy, youthful 36-year-old who looked his age and was always a stable guy and then suddenly did this for no reason whatsoever....then perhaps, something spooky may be afoot.

Now; I by no means am blaming his on mental illness alone. I'm mentally ill and I have a similar living situation with my parents (Receive SSI, can't hold down a regular job and still 'in the nest'). I'm not bonkers like this guy and I wouldn't dare touch Meth and am fully sane ('I'm also going to self-publish stuff so I can make enough money to get my own place and get out of my parent's hair. They deserve to enjoy their Golden Years on their own). We mental-cases have a bad enough stigma as it is and....statistically....the mentally ill are more likely to be victims rather than perps.

That said; Sometimes being mental does play a role in stuff like this....or the Rudy Eugene case....I can't blame the latter incident on pot alone. Marijuana doesn't do that! No; Eugene had a huge psychological snap.
Posted Image

#13 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

All I've seen reported so far about the son having any physical or mental health issues is 1. he has vision problems, and 2. the mother thought he was depressed. There's been no mention yet of substance abuse or addiction problems or a report on what was in his system at the time of the arrest.

Apparently the son has no history of violent crime and a good friend has stated he wasn't a violent or argumentative person. The son's friend simply describes him as a nice guy who loved his mother very much. Also, from what the father has said, his father didn't consider him to be unbalanced or a threat of any kind.

The conjecture in this thread about the son being a deranged addict seems to be just based on the mugshot and the nature of the alleged crimes. Whether or not this guy has a history of addiction or is currently an addict of some sort, the picture that's been painted so far (by those close to him) is one of a nonviolent/nice guy who has vision problems and may be depressed.

Edited by True North, 17 May 2017 - 09:20 PM.

#14 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostTrue North, on 17 May 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

All I've seen reported so far about the son having any physical or mental health issues is 1. he has vision problems, and 2. the mother thought he was depressed. There's been no mention yet of substance abuse or addiction problems or a report on what was in his system at the time of the arrest.

Apparently the son has no history of violent crime and a good friend has stated he wasn't a violent or argumentative person. The son's friend simply describes him as a nice guy who loved his mother very much. Also, from what the father has said, his father didn't consider him to be unbalanced or a threat of any kind.

The conjecture in this thread about the son being a deranged addict seems to be just based on the mugshot and the nature of the alleged crimes. Whether or not this guy has a history of addiction or is currently an addict of some sort, the picture that's been painted so far (by those close to him) is one of a nonviolent/nice guy who has vision problems and may be depressed.

You have a point.

That said; The whole deal makes no sense.
Posted Image

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:49 AM

The guy snapped, why, we don't know (we can only speculate)... do you know something we don't, True North?

So I'm still not getting the message.... we shouldn't speculate??  :wacko:
I think I have read some really good reasoning here so far.
Posted Image

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

I think what True North is saying is, it's the assumption, that the man was on drugs, when there's been no mention of his using by the authorities. He may have had a psychotic break for all we know. Also, a lot of parents are totally clueless or in denial, when their children have drug or other problems and some people are very good at hiding problems.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

I agree, MacC.... but then again, we're speculating again... but with good reason, I would say. I'm sure if there was a followup to this story, we would most likely see a profile generated from requested or mandatory blood-work and an investigation of his house/room. Plus past medical records and from other official sources. Oh, and reports from those that knew him well (besides dad).
Posted Image

#18 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostSpukiKitty, on 17 May 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

You have a point.

That said; The whole deal makes no sense.

What I've suggested would make sense of it.

I suggested the son's horrific and seemingly senseless actions are strategic (and I explained the goal of the strategy).

I think your first question is a really good one.

View PostSpukiKitty, on 16 May 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

... what would possess a guy to do this?...

#19 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Past trauma is the driver?
Posted Image

#20 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:10 AM

I won't reject TrueNorth's "Possessed By An Evil Entity" 100% but that said; I prefer exhausting all natural explanations first before I get into "He's POSSESSED!"

About the cluelessness of the parents, I say what both Mac and Jim, here, say. A lot of people who were very close to the perp of a horrid crime will be like "But this is not who they were! They were a good person! ETC.".

Remember Rudy "Miami Cannibal" Eugene? Initially; His loved one's were like "He was so sweet and peaceful and we never saw ANYTHING like this coming!" only for subsequent reports to reveal that Eugene had a history of violent outbursts and had even the historic distinction of being The first man in Florida to be tased during an arrest. At his worst; This was a man who needed a TASER!

Now; I'm sure Rudy Eugene was an otherwise good young man who was trying to get his life back on track....but he had issues "upstairs". I wouldn't be surprised if the pot he smoked was often laced with something else without his knowledge. Sometime drug dealers do stuff like that to the merchandise. Marijuana alone is not a big deal but when grown with the wrong fertilizers or laced with God-knows-what, it can be dangerous! Eugene was "addicted" to smoking something that is normally non-addictive and often "mellowing" yet he would have outbursts and be addicted to it. I think he regularly bought his stuff from one of those dealers. That said; it was probably laced with stuff the toxicology testing couldn't pick up.

I know it's wrong to automatically look at Joshua Webb and go "Deranged Meth-Head!". I admit I'm just going by his appearance. However; I made the assumption based on the fact that a 21st-Century 36-year-old young man should not look like a toothless 56-year-old and that Josh was telling people he was "thirsty".

Here's the Josh Webb/Mom's Day Decapitation Caper story according to People....
http://people.com/cr...om-mothers-day/
....He lived in a barn on the property, had vision problems and collected SSI. His parents had to care for him. Before the murders; He asked and received a pet dog....which he ended up killing along with his Mom.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users