• You cannot reply to this topic
118 replies to this topic

#21 buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

Have you heard of the Stone Pillar of Banwan Bryddin? The story about the Macworth's moving the pillar to the Gnoll Estate and what was said to happen when they did?

#22 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

Wow!  Good thing to bring to our attention!  Thanks PIT Leader!
My Signature
Posted Image

#23 Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 09 July 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

I can't see dead humans hanging out by their rotting corpse in a graveyard.

I would rather haunt a movie theater or a sports arena ;) .

#24 PIT leader

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

@ buffamy: I haven't heard of that, can't find a lot about it on Google either. Could you tell me about it?  I'm fascinated now :)

@NightWalkerGStudy:  no worries, as soon as I saw the scratches I felt I had a duty to warn everyone who goes on investigations that taking photos can aggravate entities and they can get nasty. This has been a wake-up call to our team to be more careful in future.
My Signature
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#25 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostPIT leader, on 10 July 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

This has been a wake-up call to our team to be more careful in future.

You were kindly advised to tread with caution, after your previous ghost hunt expedition.
Anyway, I am glad this experience has prompted you and your team, to be more careful in the near future.

#26 buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

Moving the stone is said to have been disruptive, meaning the fairies didn't like it being moved and retaliated. It's said that moving it resulted in quite the lighting storm + a landslide which buried the stone in the new grotto where it was placed - I'm guessing the grotto at the cascades which has since been dug out.

Sounds like your group's midnight visit could've interrupted a gathering for Nonae Caprotinae, and they made it clear your presence (or at least the taking of pictures etc) wasn't welcome.

#27 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

I'm just going to say it.   I think that maybe you should find another psychic.   I've been in situations like you describe and it's entirely drama caused by someone who is acting up for attention.  

Entities_can_not_ harm you physically without your permission.   I have never seen a scratch that wasn't self-inflicted.

You said it yourself.   The park you were at is lovely and peaceful and you were messing around try to find trouble.   So you found trouble.   But of your own making,  not paranormal.

The field can be VERY dangerous.   I don't encourage anyone to play with it or ever think they have all the answers because no one does and thinking you know it all is a good way for the universe to say "oh,  really?"  but I don't think for one second your experience was anything but a case of creeping yourselves out.
My Signature
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#28 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:18 AM

Not sure what you're saying about the deep scratches, Tantric?? You don't think an entity scratched her?

Sorry, Pit Leader... for some reason, I interpreted your ghost hunt as being in a cemetery... my mistake.

#29 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

Wandering outside in the dark...thorns, bushes, twigs or brambles.

I walked thru the small wooded area between my house and a neighbor's house (during the day) and got scratched a lot.  If I had to do it in the dark I bet I'd look like I got into a literal cat fight.

#30 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:35 AM

It would seem to me that scratches like that would normally tear through the fabric of the shirt. Was there any of that, PIT leader? And scratches of that degree, you would know it the instant it happens. And if it was a bush, I would think it would be easy to make the connection at the time.

So, the reason for my questioning is because with an entity, you may feel the pain rather quickly but you can't really connect it to anything physical. So now I'm wondering more about the circumstances at the time she realized she was in pain?

#31 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,030 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

Aside from the apparent deepness of the scratches, they don't appear to have been made by fingers or claws. One of them has a "double" scratch....which would towards it possibly being thorns or something. Plus the top one is straight across, the lower 3 at an angle

Posted Image
My Signature
Posted Image

#32 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:47 AM

Like I said... more details are needed. Circumstances at the time. I guess we wait for PIT leader.

#33 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:58 AM

I scratch myself all the time and have no clue until it starts burning and hurting later.   I recently had a period where I kept finding these deep,  ugly scratches on my knees (new ones every few days)  that I'd just be sitting somewhere and suddenly intense pain and burning when I shifted or got up.

I was mystified.   Until I realized I was falling asleep with my phone charger cord in my bed. I was scratching myself.

I will watch people messing with something (scratch their back)  and an hour later scream out in pain at the "demon claw marks".   In the exact same place they scratched themselves.  Or I'll watch them rubbing and poking until it turns red and say how it mysteriously turned red.

Entities can make us sick but I've yet to see one break skin.
My Signature
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#34 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for explaining your previous post, Tantric. ... and you make good sense as usual.

As far as not witnessing an entity break skin... I would say that 98% haven't had that experience, as a witness. Mainly because it seems to happen (generally) from under a layer or two of clothes. And that's where it gets interesting! More research and case studies needed in that regard, I would say.

#35 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

I would be much more inclined to give that particular thing credence if I didn't watch people cause it themselves and then attribute it to paranormal causes.  

A long time ago we used to actually do body checks before investigations where there was reported manifestation of injuries.   No one ever came up with something new,  even if the interviewer reported scratches while on site before the investigation.  

I've also watched many sensitive people be influenced.   It simply doesn't look like that (I will gladly say what happens in private message but I am aware there are people who read these boards who will use information like that to convincingly fool someone so I'm not going to say what it looks like in public).  

I do believe that people can believe in things like injury and can manifest it on their own bodies...  either through physically doing it to themselves and being blinded to their actions (I've had many arguments with people when I've watched and often filmed their scratching themselves and their insisting they couldn't possibly have because they never touched themselves there and couldn't actually cause a scratch...  even in the face of videographic proof...  much beyond reasonable resistance to the idea) or literal mind over matter causing cell death and illness.   I think that the extent of what non-physical beings can do to physical people is limited to suggestion and draining /manipulating energy to bring out vulnerabilities,  though.
My Signature

#36 PIT leader

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:56 PM

Thorns/nettles had gone through my mind (there are loads of them) , but her clothes were undamaged and she didn't notice the scratches until she got home. She screamed after walking towards the pond so we assumed it was then that she was scratched. However, I did bring a skeptic along (it's my policy) and he witnessed absolutely nothing apart from hearing a few voices. I do think the adrenaline had wound everyone up and that if people hadn't run off, we'd have been fine. Robyn has BPD which kinda blurs the facts some times, I have another psychic as a back-up.

Edited by PIT leader, 10 July 2016 - 01:57 PM.

My Signature

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#37 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:33 PM

Excellent points, Trantic.... I especially like the idea of body checks before an investigation. That's an excellent way to rule out misunderstandings later on.

Pit Leader.... because there was no damage to her clothes (other than blood), I don't see a way to absolutely rule out the paranormal, in my opinion. Could she have done it on purpose for attention?

#38 buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:40 PM

So she was walking through areas with thorns/nettles + she also didn't feel or notice being scratched until she got home? That paints a much different picture than your first post Pit leader. Those kind of details should have been included in your initial post... leaving that out makes it seem you want your story to sound more sensational than it is.

If the clothes she was wearing that night can be pulled low enough down her back, or if they could've fallen off or been removed at some point, then that means it's possible that in getting those scratches her clothes wouldn't get damaged. You say she 'snapped out of it' at one point, so I'm guessing that means there's a period of time she claims to not remember? If so, during that time she could have done anything. And maybe she's just a drama queen.

The more clarifications you make the more it appears you guys are spooked kids liable to convince yourselves of all sorts of things or to sensationalize your experiences.

Edited by buffamy, 10 July 2016 - 03:28 PM.

#39 PIT leader

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

I'm 23, my friend Nile is 21 and Shannon and Robyn are 19. I often leave details out accidentally as I speed-type and was in a rush to get the details out of any potential paranormal events while they were still fresh in my head. I'll try not to get too excited and post every detail in future, as opposed to "highlights."

I don't think she'd do it for attention and we all saw her freezing and it was 5 minutes maximum ,unfortunately her BPD can have similar symptoms. The 2 girls were particularly spooked before the freezing/scratching, whereas I'd calmly apologised to the spirits for taking pictures and walked away (they ran off.) I still lean more towards it being paranormal, but nettles can't be ruled out.

Nonae Caprotinia does sound a likely explanation for why the spirits were gathering.Thanks for helping with any research.
My Signature

#40 buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:12 AM

View PostPIT leader, on 10 July 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

I'll try not to get too excited and post every detail in future, as opposed to "highlights."

'Highights' can be synonymous with 'spin' when important details are omitted. Reading your first post someone could easily think your friend had been standing out in the open and screamed because she actually felt something scratch her. But apparently (as you've now clarified) your friend didn't feel anything scratch her in the park, and didn't notice any scratches until later at home.

Whether intentional or not, your first post comes off as purposefully misleading.

You say you saw a hand appear in front of you. Are you sticking to that? Are you absolutely certain?

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com