#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

Coming up in May, we are having our second annual paranormal Conference at the Brookdale. late last year it was sold to a new owner, and the name is being changed slightly to the Brookdale Inn and Spa. Aside from the addition of a spa, the new owners is just repairing/spiffing up the place. Anyway here is a video of Shannon doing a little tour of the place that was filmed while a bunch of us spent the weekend there to sign the contracts and make arrangements with the place for the conference AND my wedding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6cUw7ZRLxM

And if you're interested in us or the conference:   http://www.hpiparanormal.net/
Posted Image

#2 bigmamasandi

bigmamasandi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:I own two carpet stores. I have a great best friend, he is also my husband. I love to help people whenever I can. I think all Libras are this way. I moved from Houston to Bossier City about 15 years ago. I really love it here.

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

Congradulations!!!! Now, don't screw it up. ( Advice from my Babci)
Grandmama

Sandi

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

Thanks! Er, who is babci?
Posted Image

#4 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

What an amazing place!!!  I wish I lived closer so I could see it up close.

Vlade, you're getting married!!!!!!  Congratulations

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:27 AM

Thanks! We got our wedding rings Friday, got a great deal!  So much planning to do....which I am clueless about.

I'm still wondering who Babci is, I have a reason for asking because of the comment
Posted Image

#6 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Jan 28 2008, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still wondering who Babci is, I have a reason for asking because of the comment

I found a definition here:

babci : (pronounced "bob-shee") An elderly woman. A Polish word for granny or gramma.

#7 Aslan

Aslan

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

grats Vlawde

marriage is the truest and bestest adventure
Posted Image

a new chapter begins

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

Thanks! I have never been married before (my last relationship was a 17 year long live in situation) so this indeed WILL be an adventure!
Posted Image

#9 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Jan 28 2008, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! I have never been married before (my last relationship was a 17 year long live in situation) so this indeed WILL be an adventure!

Wedding and a ghost convention...could anything be more perfect? Oh wait...do you have an astrojump? no?...darn...
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#10 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

Augustine, good sleuthing!
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:05 AM

Alright, just a reminder...tickets are on sale, rooms are almost all booked at the Brookdale. I'd like to meet some of you there, let me know if any of you are coming!

http://www.ghostgirls.net/conferenceinfo1.html

Edited by Vlawde, 29 February 2008 - 08:37 AM.

Posted Image

#12 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:45 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Vlawde!!!

Champell

#13 Dem0000

Dem0000

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:02 PM

Grats on the upcoming marriage Vlawde! Great video and very cool place too.
Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt; Dance like nobody's watching!

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:20 AM

Thanks! We are stressing the details a bit, but do plan on keeping things simple.

By the way, as you might know, the Brookdale was sold last year and the new owner is fixing the place up (and renamed it the Brookdale Inn and Spa)

Below is a copy and paste of an article I found in a Santa Cruz newspaper:

I have cut and pasted an interesting article from a Santa Cruz newspaper. As many of you know, the Brookdale was sold late last year and the new owner is spiffing the place up. As it often happens, changes and renovations in a haunted location can cause a rise is paranormal activity. The article is below..

Ghostly activity picks up at resort in mountains
Team Investigates After Brookdale Sale

By Isalah Guzman, Santa Cruz Sentinel

If somebody started looting your house, you'd be upset too, right?

That's how paranormal investigator Erich Breger says the spirits at the Brookdale Lodge have been feeling lately.

Breger, the lead investigator with California Paranormal Investigations, took his team to the Santa Cruz Mountains resort late Thursday night to see if they could draw the local haunt's haunters out from the shadows.

Lodge employees, particularly the cooks, have said they've seen increased paranormal activity since the previous owners sold the business and began taking with them old furniture, clippings and memorabilia.

"I think why it's happening is there is definitely a defiling that's going on here," said Breger, a Boulder Creek man with an intense stare, raspy voice, suit and black trench coat.

The Brookdale Lodge has long been thought to be haunted by the spirit of a little girl -- among others -- who drowned in the creek that runs through the dining area. During the 1940s and '50s, gangsters made the lodge their home, and some legends say they buried bodies under the floor.

The lodge was purchased in October by Sanjiv Kakkar, who announced he would rename it the Brookdale Inn & Spa. Kakkar said he wants to return the fatigued $5.3 million landmark to its former splendor by remaking it into a destination spa.

Opened in 1870, the lodge has been featured on "Ripley's Believe It or Not" and has hosted notables such as Marilyn Monroe and President Herbert Hoover.

In recent weeks, there have been reports of shadowy figures. Employees in the kitchen have reported hearing bangs.

Chef Juan Diaz said he and a cook saw a pot do a full rotation while sitting on the burner about two months ago.

"It was all full of water, so it was heavy," Diaz said in Spanish. "And we saw it spin around like somebody was moving it."

Then there was the incident this summer with the swinging doors to the kitchen, Diaz said.

"They opened like somebody was coming in, but there was nobody there," he said. "Then they opened again like somebody was leaving."

Breger, the fleet manager at Ocean Honda in Capitola when he's not tracking spirits, said his team thinks something was definitely going on Thursday night. His fellow investigators included Ed Hayes, Ronaldo Williams and Shelly Crowley, all of Brookdale and Boulder Creek.

The four walked the different levels of the lodge with equipment such as an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) monitor, EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) monitor, infrared cameras and a Ouija board.

"Based on what we've gathered so far, there is definitely something going on there," Breger said.

He said he's never been scared of anything he's experienced in 15 years of pursuit.

As for skeptics of paranormal activity and investigation, Breger said he doesn't blame them.

"Until you experience something," he said, "it's one of those things where you have to show me the proof."

Posted Image

#15 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:31 AM

Change of plans with the wedding. We found out our best man and wife, and the lady and her partner that is marrying us both can't make it, so we're gonna get married at the VFW hall down the street instead. Aside from not getting married at the beautiful Brookdale, in all other ways this is better. More people can come, it'll be easier for us, cheaper....and instead of having our wedding sandwiched between events at the conference, the day will be all about us!

Even better, there is a no host bar so we won't have to spring for booze.

So we can enjoy the conference without having to deal with our wedding at the same time.
Posted Image

#16 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

I remember Brookdale now. I saw the story on Unsolved Mysteries one year, and the whole tragedy with the little girl. It still bites canel water. Perhaps next year?

~Portia~
Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users