• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Flubby

Flubby

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, travel, music, film making, and audio production.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

MOSSWOOD MANOR - LAKELAND, FLORIDA - BUILT 1904

Hello, everyone!

Long time member of this forum; I pop my head in from time to see what kind of dirt's been kicked up in the paranormal realm. I rarely contribute, but today changes that! Today, I bring to you some compelling evidence we received during our investigation of the oldest home in Lakeland, Florida - Mosswood Manor. Construction on Mosswood Manor began in 1899 and finished in 1904. The home sits beside Lake Mirror here in downtown Lakeland and residents know it around the city as "the prettiest house in town". I'm sure you're asking yourself, "is he a paranormal investigator?" Well, that's where things get interesting. Allow me to give you a brief low-down of how this entire situation came to be. Since joining the forums way back in 2004, I'd taken up the art of digital video production. After working some oddball jobs here and there, I established my craft in a company called The Mortgage Firm Lakeland. Myself and my partner Andy Johnson are in charge of their social media marketing as well as any and all content released (video or photo wise) to any of their social media platforms. As we all know, Halloween was yesterday so (here's where our adventure begins) Andy approached me a week prior about doing some sort of "Halloween Special" for our social media platforms. After less than an hour of brainstorming, we had only one conclusion: let's contact a local paranormal investigation group and follow them on a ghost hunt in a haunted location. Immediately, I was all for it, as I've done plenty of ghost tours and mini-investigations in times past. I knew this was right up our alley.

One of our coworkers, Ken Watson, owns Mosswood Manor and has restored it close to it's original condition since moving into the home in 1988. He's told us from time to time that he sees shadows, hears children upstairs, and was always adamate about his house being a very active location. Ken reports seeing shadows dart through the first floor voyeur, children laughing in the attic, as well as a ball bouncing on the floor of the attic. Neighbors ask Ken if he has a daughter, as they see a little girl waving at them through the third story attic window.

Ken seemed very interested in letting us, P.R.O.O.F. and A-team investigate. It was at that moment, we knew exactly where we were going. We reached out to paranormal investigative teams P.R.O.O.F. (Paranormal Research Operations of Florida) out of Lakeland, Florida, and A-Team from Tallahassee (who drove 7.5 hours to investigate the home) and met them at Ken's house to perform an investigation of the notorious Mosswood Manor. Along with the A-Team was Jill, a medium, who immediately began to feel the presence of a woman in the home. This is very well documented in the video we created below.

The following is all of the evidence we believe to have captured as well as a 20-minute long video I shot and edited documenting the investigation. Please let me know what you think, we were very excited to present this to the Ghoststudy Paranormal Soup forums and we would love to hear your thoughts. Of course, we will be glad to answer any questions you may have!

I uploaded all of the EVPs to my personal DropBox account since it appears we have captured so many, I was worried my post would run out of space in the attachments field. We're working on getting this also uploaded to YouTube but have only so far been able to upload it to our Facebook. You don't have to be logged in to view the video and you don't have to like our page, so don't worry. Click this link and it will take you right to it. Don't forget to listen to the EVPs and stick around for the evidence reveal to Ken at the end of the video. I'm really hoping you guys love this as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you. Thanks for always being such an awesome community.

Enjoy!

VIDEO
https://www.facebook...42878945818765/

EVPs
This was captured as we're walking down the stairs, by a standalone microphone positioned on the second floor masters suite. The microphone was just set up and the team is walking away from it. You'll hear one of the women from A-Team mention "Holy cow it's cold in here." taking notice to a sudden temperature drop as she exits the stairway. In the background, there sounds like a women singing a few tones, pretty prominently.

https://www.dropbox....inging.mp4?dl=0
---
Another EVP we managed to capture was on the stairs again. We were walking around the house for the very first time during the intake interview and Ken's showing us all the different rooms and telling us his stories. As we're walking down the stairs, Andy takes note and tells everyone to watch the lamp at the bottom of the stairs because it's sitting on the column for the railing but it's not tied down. Right after he says this, we believe to hear Fannie Riggins very faint presence coming through telling us, "My name is Fannie."
https://www.dropbox....ie (1).wav?dl=0
---
We caught this EVP in the attic. At the time, the group of three was sitting in total silence when this voice presented itself very close to our microphones, saying, "God bless you."

https://www.dropbox....ss you.wav?dl=0
---
In this EVP, you'll hear Andy's car alarm going off. He's fumbling around to get a hold of his keys to turn the car alarm off when you hear another prominant voice present itself to us, saying what we believe is, "It is watching."

https://www.dropbox....tching.wav?dl=0
---
This EVP was captured during our initial intake interview. You hear someone say "GO" in a very harsh voice. We met with Ken one day prior to investigating to have him sign legal documents and tell us about what he sees/hears in the home. It's when he's talking about the original landlord of the home walking in one day and seeing the figure of someone sitting in a chair. As he's telling us this story, another very prominent voice comes across so clearly, it left a crackle in the microphone, as if whatever said it was directly next to the microphone. At the time this was recorded, the microphone was positioned on a coffee table, 10 feet from everyone in the room.

https://www.dropbox....ay-_go.wav?dl=0
---
Another capture during our intake interview, one day prior to the investigation. Ken is sitting in his living room, the microphone is still set on the coffee table. P.R.O.O.F. team members Robert and Sandra are positioned on the couch, about 10ft away from the microphone on the table. Ken mentions a story about hearing jacks being heard above his head in the attic, from his bedroom. As Ken says "jacks", there appears to be a slight undertone of a woman (again, very close to the microphone) repeat the word "jacks", immediately after Ken says it.

https://www.dropbox....ks EVP.wav?dl=0
---

Again in the attic when Dawna, one of the investigators from P.R.O.O.F. asks if whoever is in the room with them can tell them their name. Immediately after asking this question, you hear a slightly older, raspier voice state "Yep", very clearly. As an investigator, Dawna stands by her story, explaining that she always leaves space after asking a question, and would never reply to a question she asked with an answer. We believe we have captured the voice of Fannie, the daughter of Norman Riggins. You decide.

https://www.dropbox....er_bed.mp3?dl=0
---
This was later in the evening, about 2am. We headed downstairs to the "storage room" (which is really just a small laundry room with a path carved between all of the not-used house items being stored there._ Interestingly enough, this is the only room in the house containing a piece of furniture original to the family, a very heavy wooden dresser. We placed our audio recorder atop the dresser and began documenting. It was then that one of the investigators heard a squeak from the hallway and asked what the sound was. As he opens the door, he notices the door across the way is now open. Suddenly, you hear the faint voice of what we believe to be a woman telling him to "Go back".

Edited by Flubby, 03 November 2016 - 06:25 AM.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

Heya Flubby, long time no see!  Watched the video, pretty good EVP's!  Only thing I didn't care for was the Ovilus, seemed to be spitting out random words, and they seemed to really stretch to kind of fit them in IMO.
Posted Image

#3 Flubby

Flubby

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 01 November 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

Heya Flubby, long time no see!  Watched the video, pretty good EVP's!  Only thing I didn't care for was the Ovilus, seemed to be spitting out random words, and they seemed to really stretch to kind of fit them in IMO.
Hey Vlawde! How've you been?
I can understand where you're coming from - we do feel the same way for some parts of the investigation, so we did wind up excluding several instances from the video, as we felt the responses were too random.

#4 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

That was a very fun post. It was inspiring. What equipment was used to get the evps?

#5 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

Very Awesome.. Thank you for posting all of this. It's sounds like you had a great time. I know exactly where that house is I have seen it so many times. I have always wanted to go inside of it. I lived in Lakeland for about 4 years and am not far from there now. I listened to the EVP's as well.. and I just wanted to point something out. In this one "In this EVP, you'll hear Andy's car alarm going off. He's fumbling around to get a hold of his keys to turn the car alarm off when you hear another prominant voice present itself to us, saying what we believe is, "It is watching."

I believe the voice says " Andy is watching." Just some food for thought, it's what i am hearing. Very cool captures. I love it.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

Your friend did a nice job on that house, Flubby.  I love the colors.

#7 Flubby

Flubby

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostMikaru, on 01 November 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

That was a very fun post. It was inspiring. What equipment was used to get the evps?
Hey there, Mikaru! Sorry for the delay on this reply.

I spoke with Sandra from P.R.O.O.F. who told me they were using Sony and Olympus audio recorders. I know for the video, I'm using a Zoom H1N recorder, an Azden SGM-990 shot gun microphone (mounted on board my camera), and my camera's built-in internal mic. My camera is a Nikon D750.

View PostRoxstar, on 02 November 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Very Awesome.. Thank you for posting all of this. It's sounds like you had a great time. I know exactly where that house is I have seen it so many times. I have always wanted to go inside of it. I lived in Lakeland for about 4 years and am not far from there now. I listened to the EVP's as well.. and I just wanted to point something out. In this one "In this EVP, you'll hear Andy's car alarm going off. He's fumbling around to get a hold of his keys to turn the car alarm off when you hear another prominant voice present itself to us, saying what we believe is, "It is watching."

I believe the voice says " Andy is watching." Just some food for thought, it's what i am hearing. Very cool captures. I love it.
What's up, Roxstar?

Thanks for those compliments, we love that you love it! We knew when we were creating this that the finished product would only go exclusively on Ghoststudy, as to show our love to the original paranormal community that started it all for me.

That's an interesting take, I can definitely understand how you can hear that coming through. Thanks for sharing!

View PostMenet, on 02 November 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

Your friend did a nice job on that house, Flubby.  I love the colors.
Hey, Menet!

Thanks a ton! Ken is very proud of his restoration even though he still has a bit of work ahead of him. Some interesting facts about the house when Ken bought it are that there were no windows closing in the attic. All the window panes had been totally removed and the first thing he had to do when he bought the home was clear "5 inches of pigeon crud" off the floors of the attic. The storage room shares a torn-in-half wall with a bathroom that still needs to be closed in. Another fact about the home is that the attic is a very fragile part of the house. During our investigation, one of the members of P.R.O.O.F. actually wound up stepping on a board that broke totally in half - which, Ken told us may happen, so we were forewarned. I'll leave you with one more intriguing bit. Almost 70 years ago, there was a HUGE hurricane that swept right over the Riggins home. History reports are shown that one of the windows of the attic actually *flew off* and took flight almost 100 yards down the street. It landed in the middle of the road, and slid another several hundred feet to the lake's edge. When the hurricane passed, 50+ trees had been knocked over on the property and so began the task of cleaning them all up. While doing so, they came across the window, which was, to everyone's surprise, totally in tact and in one piece. So much so that they had the kids carry it back to the home and Norman Riggins himself re-attached the window to the third floor. Chew on that! Have a great day!

Edited by Flubby, 03 November 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#8 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

I love haunted houses.  Make no mistake about that, Flubby.  I don't need to go on a ghost hunt but I loved the tour of the home.

And the furnishings!  It was definitely a pleasure!!!

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:39 PM

Flubby, good to see you :)

Love the post and that house is gorgeous!! I'd check it out even if it wasn't having activity!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#10 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

Hi everyone! Been sick for a while but recovering. In this one https://www.dropbox....tching.wav?dl=0   I hear the word "Go!", not certain that it is so harsh as it is coarse whisper, but at the very end the same voice says "Watching."

Nice catches

God Bless
Graves
Who you gonna call?

#11 Rosewest

Rosewest

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

I was in this house yesterday. I met the man in the closet upstairs who is the original owner of the house we found a picture of him in the Mosswood book. I also heard humming in the attic.. I was downstairs playing the piano . I closed the piano to the keys and went around the other room to talk to my friend, I heard running in the other room and then one single note on the piano. I thought my friend had sat down to play. I walked into the room and nobody was there she was upstairs. I went into the attic by myself around 9 at night  as i was going down the steps I stopped I heard footsteps behind me, mind you It was very dark up there. I kinda got goosebumps..

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:47 AM

View PostRosewest, on 19 June 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

I was in this house yesterday. I met the man in the closet upstairs who is the original owner of the house we found a picture of him in the Mosswood book. I also heard humming in the attic.. I was downstairs playing the piano . I closed the piano to the keys and went around the other room to talk to my friend, I heard running in the other room and then one single note on the piano. I thought my friend had sat down to play. I walked into the room and nobody was there she was upstairs. I went into the attic by myself around 9 at night  as i was going down the steps I stopped I heard footsteps behind me, mind you It was very dark up there. I kinda got goosebumps..

Oh gives me goosebumps just reading it :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:09 AM

I just finished watching the Facebook video it was very interesting :yes:
Posted Image