• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SoulfulWondering

SoulfulWondering

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal existence, theatre, movies (horror flicks are my favorite), books, art, partying with friends

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:04 AM

I'm hoping someone can help me, a reading if possible or any ideas on how I can assist my sister in moving forward in her life.

In February of this year, my sister and her husband had decided to go to marriage counseling.  Five minutes into it, her husband replied to the counselor that he and his boss (a woman he had brought to our Christmas dinner - with her husband I might add) had been discussing having an affair.  After 7 years of being with each other my sister's husband (of 7 years) decided to get a divorce.  He told her he didn't love her anymore and loved his job more.  

My sister has had nothing but bad luck.  All her life she has struggled with health issues, her horrible love life and now with finances (he left her the house to sell and she is losing a lot of money in doing so)  Even right after she met her ex-husband she had a terrible thing happen to her...that which I musn't speak of.  My sister has the worst of luck...how can I help her????

My sister is a kind, smart and a positive person - lately, though...she has been different.  Once her spirits have risen and there is new hope for her (a new place to live, someone bought her house, etc.) something bad comes along and ruins her happiness.  She has never diserved any of the bad things that have happened to her and I'm wondering why karma is kicking her butt so badly?  

How can I help her in turning things around?  If anyone can do a reading I can give you her birthday and her first name.  Kristin 8/14/1979

Oh I do hope someone can help, my mom and I our out of ideas...

Edited by Amberkins, 02 August 2007 - 08:06 AM.

PSN ID: Athenamica
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
~Albert Einstein~

#2 Leeloominai

Leeloominai

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Im sorry that she is going through so much trouble...but I really dont believe in curses or "bad luck". There are many people in this world who have gone through horrible things (even worse)...but that doesnt mean they are cursed. I think everyone goes through those times where everything seems unfair or wrong. Plus...she isnt the 1st person whos husband has cheated or has decided to get a devorce. No matter how kind or loving a person is...doesnt mean that they will never have a bad day..or never have trouble in their lives. Nothings perfect. Perhaps you should just comfort her and try to make her move on with things.

To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour. ~ William Blake

#3 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

IMHO, I think a full medical work up (including looking for hidden disabilities or learning disorders) is an important place to start.
(It's not a curse or her fault that her ex was an A)  I actually know someone who's "bad luck" turned out to be a major, previously undetected vision problem!  

Secondly, maybe a psyc eval and some counselling will help her more than a psychic.  She's really going to be hurting right now, and her self esteem is so low it's actually going to undermine her attempts to get on her feet.  So IMHO this is going to be vital.  Maybe the marriage counsellor could give her a referral.  Though IMHO a good place to start, if one has little income is at places like Jewish/Catholic/Lutheran Family/Social Services... they'll be in the phone book, and usually have free/low cost counselling from really good therapists.   We really had some great help in my family with Jewish Family Services.

Edited by trin, 02 August 2007 - 10:04 AM.

#4 Pattycake

Pattycake

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

There probably isn't a person in the world who won't say at some point in their lives they have had a run of bad luck. Some people make bad decisions that lead to what they think is bad luck, some just have stuff happen for no apparent reason. I am sure at some point in her life she has not had it so bad, it is just hard to remember a time when things were good, the bad stuff is just so much harder to deal with, making it memorable.
I believe we have a big part of planning how our lives will go while we are here, according to the lessons we want to learn in each lifetime. If you don't believe in reincarnation, or believe that God lays our lives out for us, then try to remember, all of this is happening for a reason. We may not know the reasons while we are alive, and we may not like what is happening to us, but all we can do is make the best of it. I don't believe in curses either, so there is no way to "lift" a curse.
I know it is hard for you to see your sister go through all of these bad things, and I think the best way to help her is to be there for her when she needs someone to lean on.

#5 serchn4em

serchn4em

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Im sure if there were a cure for bad luck we'd all want the recipe.  But unforuntately there isnt.  I agree with pattycake, some stuff just happen for a reason and some make bad decisions and some things just happen for no reason, Life Lessons is what ive learned to call them.  My granpa always would tell me, theres a life lesson in things we do, we just gotta take the time to study and learn, sorta like schoolwork.  I do hope things for your sister get better.

~~We are all dead, we just dont know it~~
~~Death ends a life but not a relationship~~
-- Jack Lemmon

~~People only see what they are prepared to see~~
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#6 SoulfulWondering

SoulfulWondering

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal existence, theatre, movies (horror flicks are my favorite), books, art, partying with friends

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

Thank you all for your responses - they mean a lot.  When my sister had dealt with the situationright before she met her ex - she had been seeing a psychiatrist and her outlook on life did improve.  She has been seeing her counselor and we all know it is helping.  I just find it odd that I am considered the black sheep of the family and I've had the best of luck in life - sometimes just an inch away from everything falling apart and somehow life would throw me a bone and all would be fine.  With my sister, even from the get go of her life she has had nothing but obstacles to overcome.  Her and I work together and we see each other almost everyday - I am there for her and so is my mom, but I just find it odd that her whole life has been filled with issues.  I guess I'm just wondering if once one bad thing occurs if her mindset creates a snowball effect of chaos.  I do agree that we face what we are given for a reason - my mom keeps telling her this, but she's just having a hard time picking herself up and she's getting frustrated.  I support her in the best way I know how and yet I feel she needs more support than just my mom and I - I will look into support groups around the area...thank you all again and do have a splendiferous day.  

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
~Albert Einstein~

#7 serchn4em

serchn4em

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

In life, ive had nothing but bad luck and funny thing is i AM the black sheep of the family.  My family is conservative, nicely dressed, have the best of things, etc, and im not.  I dress in whatever feels good, im opinionated, im out there.  The thing im trying to say, and hopefully not to hurt your feelings in any way at all....I think its all "Mind over matter".  If you have a mind set of "nothing good is goin to happen to me", then nothing good will happen because you've set yourself up for it.  Ive been there.  The only way ive learned to turn things around (and this is just me), i started thinking there has to be something better than this.  And each day i would say something positive about myself or about life in general.  Thats when i started seeing the good in things, and it just went on from there.  Im glad she is talking with someone, it does help (ive done that as well).  It'll take time for her to get over a few things im sure.  The best advice i can give is, always say something positive to her.  Always make her feel she is worth everything she wants in life.   She'll come around,  sometimes its take some time to let go of all the bad and when she does you will see a whole new person.

~~We are all dead, we just dont know it~~
~~Death ends a life but not a relationship~~
-- Jack Lemmon

~~People only see what they are prepared to see~~
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#8 SoulfulWondering

SoulfulWondering

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:58 AM

Thank you serhn3em.  You are very right - I learned that even though I am considered the black sheep - I am surely considered one of the most positive people in my circle of friends and family.  I've always said a positive thing to myself whenever I felt down and you are right, it did improve things.  She does need to think positive, but it's hard to move from negative to positive when a lot has happened.  You are right, though, my comments might help her feel better and move in the right direction.

I have been right about my life - everything happens for a reason - it's quite right.

~Albert Einstein~

#9 Nichole30

Nichole30

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

If there is a cure for bad luck, please let my family know.  Amberkins, my heart goes out to your sister.  Hopefully things will turn around for her soon.  Alot of us have been there.  The last 2 years of my life have been nothing but unfortunate events and plain bad luck.  In 2005, my parents house burned down (which I owned and rented to my parents).  Because of that, it killed my husband and I financially and we were forced into bankruptcy.  Then my husband had double hernia repair, a relative of mine then passed away, I had gal bladder surgery, and then that December another relative passed away.  In 2006 we sold our house, found out at the last minute we had a prepayment penalty and had to come up with $1800 which cleaned our our savings (plus other mishaps in getting the house sold), we got our house, tried to change insurance, that turned out bad and ended up going back to the same company.  In January 2007 my husband lost his job, got another job in May and lost that one in June.  None of the job losses were his fault.

It's just amazing at how things snowball from circumstances, and putting faith in people that we probably shouldn't.  I just pray every day that things will work out for the best and be happy with what is going right in our lives.

#10 DToK777

DToK777

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Arts, Mystic Magic, 3D Animation, Video Games.

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

Please understand luck has a strange way of working things, but it's VERY highly possible that it's been cut off.

Unnatural bad luck usually has a very dense gas that emits around a person, they can usually smell it in some way or form... sometimes it smells like they're drowning.

In these cases, englulfing the sleep area with sages and leave them there for 3 to 5 days would deteriorate the smell and backflip it.
Then a bath with a rose pedals of at least one rose, sitting in it for at least 20 minutes would also help prevent the smell from coming back by engulfing yourself in a completely different smell.

Yes... vapors that causes bad luck exists.... people associated with the Tower Card or have a strange attraction to it usually have it.
Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions you seem curious about.

#11 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

View Postserchn4em, on 03 August 2007 - 12:40 PM, said:

In life, ive had nothing but bad luck and funny thing is i AM the black sheep of the family.  My family is conservative, nicely dressed, have the best of things, etc, and im not.  I dress in whatever feels good, im opinionated, im out there.  The thing im trying to say, and hopefully not to hurt your feelings in any way at all....I think its all "Mind over matter".  If you have a mind set of "nothing good is goin to happen to me", then nothing good will happen because you've set yourself up for it.  Ive been there.  The only way ive learned to turn things around (and this is just me), i started thinking there has to be something better than this.  And each day i would say something positive about myself or about life in general.  Thats when i started seeing the good in things, and it just went on from there.  Im glad she is talking with someone, it does help (ive done that as well).  It'll take time for her to get over a few things im sure.  The best advice i can give is, always say something positive to her.  Always make her feel she is worth everything she wants in life.   She'll come around,  sometimes its take some time to let go of all the bad and when she does you will see a whole new person.

I particularly appreciated the advice Serchn4em gave in dealing with bad luck.
Topic was started in 2007

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

I think a lot of 'bad luck' has to do with the decisions one makes. I've known people that have bad relationships because they are drawn to a certain type of person that is not good for them, yet they keep hooking up with that personality type
Posted Image