• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 19 July 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

I'll wait to submit my August picks until the end of the month..too confusing keeping track of 2 months worth

:good:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#122 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 19 July 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

I have... 10. Lol. Michelle did you get your August picks in?
Not yet - I barely got my July picks in;) lol!

#123 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

Sorry, I didn't get the nineteenth term posted.

July 19th pick is Pareidolia.

Pareidolia is a common psychological phenomenon in which random stimulus is organized by the brain into a recognizable pattern (e.g., seeing faces in wallpaper patterns, or hearing musical beats in the sound of heavy machinery). Often used synonymously with the term "matrixing," pareidolia explains a large percentage of visual evidence mistakenly touted as definitive proof of the paranormal. In photographic evidence, it occurs in the tendency to pick shapes out of the blurry background or the random contrasts of light and shade (the face in a window, for example, that's merely the window pane reflecting the trees). In audio evidence, it occurs largely in the tendency to hear words and phrases in random sound; a good example of this is in Class C EVPs where words and phrases are discerned in the white noise, but without consensus as to what they are saying. Critics of those who protest claims of pareidolia rightly point out the interpretive bias that often accompanies such evidence: an apparition in the rust of an oil tanker may resemble a veil and a blank face, but, predisposed to a religious interpretation, the observer will fill in the missing details and identify it as the face of the Virgin Mary; or, fear of "evil spirits" or concern for "lost souls" will influence the listener to hear "Get out!" or "Help me!" in the white noise of poorly recorded digital audio. Pareidolia can be a powerfully convincing experience and, as such, it is sometimes difficult to disabuse people of their assumptions once they take an emotional or psychological investment in them. Consequently, pareidolia is a challenging problem for paranormal investigators who value objectivity in their analysis of the evidence.

Source: PPI

July 20th pick is White Noise.

White noise is a random, neutral sound with a flat power spectral density. Most recording devices, analog or digital, generate a degree of white noise in their recordings, the sound of which is frequently compared to a rushing waterfall. In fact, white noise generators are used as meditative and sleep aids for this very reason, since white noise creates a calming and constant "background" sound that drowns out peripheral noises. Paranormal investigators fall into two camps of thought about its uses. One sees it as a substantial liability--a result of poorer quality microphones or inadequate controls on the baseline sound of the environment. Another, however, actively contrives it in the evidence with a belief that "spirits" harness white noise to facilitate EVP communication. Anything from specially designed white noise generators, to oscillating fans and coffee percolators, have been used to produce white noise with the express intention of culling EVP evidence. Critics of this technique, however, remain suspicious of the considerable opportunity for matrixing this creates, i.e., the human brain's tendency to impose ordered speech onto random sound. They also point out that little evidence relying on white noise ever surpasses a Class C EVP. This technique of generating white noise is by no means a new one, but it recently received a certain cache of credibility after the success of the film White Noise, which showcased electronic voice phenomena.

Posted Image

My Shop

#124 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,350 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#125 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

today's pick is Kinetic Energy.

KINETIC ENERGY:
In physics, the kinetic energy of an object is the energy that it possesses due to its motion. It is defined as the work needed to accelerate a body of a given mass from rest to its stated velocity. Having gained this energy during its acceleration, the body maintains this kinetic energy unless its speed changes. The same amount of work is done by the body in decelerating from its current speed to a state of rest.
In classical mechanics, the kinetic energy of a non-rotating object of mass m traveling at a speed v is...            1 2   m  v  2          {\displaystyle {\begin{smallmatrix}{\frac {1}{2}}mv^{2}\end{smallmatrix}}} In relativistic mechanics, this is a good approximation only when v is much less than the speed of light.
The standard unit of kinetic energy is the joule.

Source: Wikipedia

Posted Image

My Shop

#126 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

July 22nd pick is Vigil.

Synonymous with “session,” this word is used generally to describe an organized activity in which investigators study one location in the venue for a period of time and observe the environment for signs of paranormal activity, usually while recording audio and video. Some vigils are held in silence, but most involve the technique of Q & A to query the facts and motives of putative spirit occupants. Methods of interrogation differ among groups, and even among individual investigators. Provocation, for example, is a method of interrogation in which the vigil is made more confrontational in hopes that more aggressive evidence will be obtained. It's alleged that simple and respectful querry, however, is the method creating the least risk of exacerbating the activity, especially if family occupants are concerned about the repercussions of bringing in outsiders to "make contact" with the resident entities. Vigils should not be mistaken as religious; rather, they are merely sessions in which investigators are "vigilant” for unusual activity or experiences.

Posted Image

My Shop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users