• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

As the title say's, I may have recorded an EVP. This was recorded on my laptop on audacity via webcam on 3/8/13 around 11:30 pm inside the living room of my house. The only thing that was going on inside my house at the time was my friend watching TV. To be exact, he was watching a Godzilla animated series via Netflix. The TV had been at a resonably low volume, to insure it would not interfer with the recording. Only me and him were inside the house at this time, so there wouldn't have been anything else going on inside my house.  The original recording goes up to 11 minutes, but what I'm presenting to you today, is a 5 second clip of a possible EVP I've found. This brought up some attention to me personally because I couldn't come up with a reason for what could have caused this noise. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the TV, cause I don't remember hearing a loud low noise at the time, and plus, the TV had been at a low volume.
I would like to say, that if you turn the pitch up on this 5 second clip, you can kind of hear a voice from this clip. The clip I'm presenting to you, though, is in no way modified. What I'm presenting to you is raw, not even an amplified sample. I did, however, convert it from WAV format, to MP3 format, but this was to be able to present it to you, due to filesize difference.
So, listen to it, analize it, and let me know what you think.

Attached Files

#2 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

Is the link not working? I hear a faint click twice, but that's all
Who you gonna call?

#3 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

The link worked properly for me. It's a little hard to hear through speakers, but listening to it in headphones will solve this problem. The sound is really low, so that's probably why.

#4 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Here is a slightly amplified version, in case you are interested.

Attached Files

#5 JamesRob

JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation (obviously), movies, baseball, hockey, and I do manage to steal some time to read.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hard to tell what that is. I hear what could be a voice and some kind of interference but can't make out any words. You might try it again without anything else on and see if you get anything.

#6 Alonewitheverybody

Alonewitheverybody

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, urban exploration photos (although i don't partake) Derren Brown :-)

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

I have headphones in and have cranked up the volume but can't make anything out. What do you think?
Posted Image
Created by SilentWalkerGStudy :-)

#7 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

I used headphones the first time. LOL On the amplified verson, I hear a faint sound like a moan. It could be a pidgon or dove. They make this kind of "woo" sound. They also love to infest people's attics. Not saying this is your culprit at all, just the nature of the general sound.
Who you gonna call?

#8 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hmm, intersting that they would make that kind of sound. Didn't know that, but now I do. Only thing is, I don't have an attic or a basement. >_< I live in a mobile home. (Not a trailer.)

#9 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Here's what I came away with

File: possible evp.mp3

1) 0:00.000 - 0:00.931 Your feet <- layered over "hear something"  
2) 0:00.942 - 0:02.906 watch out baby's sleeping <- layered over "You don't even need to"
3) 0:02.868 - 0:05.051 Please sit with me

Cue ranges:    3

EDIT: Forgot to attach the file. Here you go.

Edited by CDS, 06 April 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#10 gothicangel

gothicangel

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostCDS, on 06 April 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Here's what I came away with

File: possible evp.mp3

1) 0:00.000 - 0:00.931 Your feet <- layered over "hear something"  
2) 0:00.942 - 0:02.906 watch out baby's sleeping <- layered over "You don't even need to"
3) 0:02.868 - 0:05.051 Please sit with me

Cue ranges: 3

EDIT: Forgot to attach the file. Here you go.
Attachment possible evp.filtered.by.cds.mp3

WOW!!!!

#11 TedGW

TedGW

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

can you post it up to soundwave?

#12 ArizonaEvp

ArizonaEvp

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Greetings,

Here's what I came away with:

From time index 00.00 to 3.17 secoonds - I hear what sounds like:    Make sure Chris....is

From time index 3.15 seconds to end of clip- I hear it as:  Did he have to escape

Hope this helps,
Ron

#13 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostPortlandGhosts, on 08 April 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

To be completely honest that just sounded like bloops and bleeps. My EVP's are just voices and I don't do anything to them with software. If filters need to be applied to make it sound like it was recorded underwater there's more than likely nothing there.
Hmm, very interesting you would say I applied "filters" to my audio sample, because there is no such thing. If you took the time to read my description, I state "The clip I'm presenting to you, though, is in no way modified. What I'm presenting to you is raw, not even an amplified sample." I'm not here to argue wheather or not I applied filter's, cause I know that I didn't. Anyways, the file I'm going to attatch to this response is filtered and amplified, and what this filter does is remove sounds within a certain Hz frequency. In this case, it removes any sounds within 300 to 20,000 Hz. This might help you hear what I'm talking about, which is the low noise. I just want to know what could have caused this, and it kinda sounded like a voice to me, so that's why I came here. Not jumping to conclusions. But, yes, this particular one is filtered and amplified, but it's for the sake to hear this sound better. I would have done this earlier, but I recently discovered this tool. Also, you will need headphones again.

Attached Files

#14 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostPortlandGhosts, on 09 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

I wasn't referring to your original clip. I was referring to the one directly above my post where filters were applied.
Next time quote the peson you're responding to, to avoid miscommunication. Or else it appears you're responding to what I originally posted.

#15 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

PortlandGhosts - Your responses to other posters have come across as somewhat condescending on a few occasions. It may be that you do not mean this and I also know that the written word can sometimes hide true feelings, but could I ask that you take this into consideration when responding to ensure that is not the case. Thanks. SW.

#16 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

I agree, you are quite correct which means it is even more important to write them as to not cause any confusion. Thanks for understanding. SW.

#17 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostPortlandGhosts, on 10 April 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

Her comment to me was far more condescending as she assumed I was referring to something that I wasn't referring to. I said my bad. As you stated the written word comes across confusing at times. I just reply. Nothing personal.
How was I being condescending? Is assuming things condescending to you?

#18 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostTedGW, on 08 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

can you post it up to soundwave?
https://soundcloud.c...-1/possible-evp This should do, if not, let me know.

#19 Alonewitheverybody

Alonewitheverybody

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, urban exploration photos (although i don't partake) Derren Brown :-)

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostAuxochrome, on 13 April 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

How was I being condescending? Is assuming things condescending to you?
Let us not wander off topic any further, i think that the matter has been addressed and resolved. Now, i'm off to find my headphones for another listen!
Posted Image
Created by SilentWalkerGStudy :-)

#20 Auxochrome

Auxochrome

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostAlonewitheverybody, on 14 April 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Let us not wander off topic any further, i think that the matter has been addressed and resolved. Now, i'm off to find my headphones for another listen!
Okie dokie.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: possible, evp