• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Blah, I watched all the trailers I could think of, searched as far as I could on the internet.. and I can't find it... Posted ImageI kept running into slenderman though, I was like "Ugh, not the ghosty I'm looking for."

#22 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

MrsFrootloops, thank you for your efforts with this... much appreciated!  :)

I went ahead and posted the photo to the gallery and added a link to this thread as well. That will hopefully aid in bringing in additional help with this. Oh, and I also posted the photo and the link to the main page of GhostStudy too!  :)

Link to the gallery page

Link to the main page

#23 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

In the photo comments the photo sender says we are welcome to analyze the image, but we need the original image with EXIF intact for a proper analysis. Without that it is just guesswork as we are going in blind.

#24 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Snowlord, I'll ask and see if we can get the original off the cell/camera.

#25 dingleberry

dingleberry

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

First red flag (other than the photo itself)? The picture was taken in the Philippines.

This is bunk.

#26 Bulaga

Bulaga

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

dingleberry, on 13 September 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

First red flag (other than the photo itself)? The picture was taken in the Philippines.

This is bunk.

Hey dingleberry, what this is a lame analysis just because a picture came from the Philippines doesn't mean it's bunk. A lot of forum members put time and effort to verify this picture. Are you an expert on the The Philippines' Ghost setting?

#27 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,314 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Some countries,  the Phillipines, Japan, and Mexico, just name a few, are notorious for fake or doctored ghost pictures and videos
Posted Image

#28 Shawn L

Shawn L

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

I found it guys... It's an app for android that takes your picture and places ghosts in it. See for yourselves. It was an awesome hoax though!

Attached Files

#29 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yay Shawn!  :bunny:

#30 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Well done.

#31 Adzii

Adzii

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Well found, Closest I got was an upside down negative image of Ghost Rider

Edited by Adzii, 07 October 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#32 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Good detective work, Shawn!   :good:

#33 Wallydraigle

Wallydraigle

Apport

• GS Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Bulaga, on 16 September 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hey dingleberry, what this is a lame analysis just because a picture came from the Philippines doesn't mean it's bunk. A lot of forum members put time and effort to verify this picture. Are you an expert on the The Philippines' Ghost setting?

It would seem so.

#34 macccyd

macccyd

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Safire973GStudy, on 07 September 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Reminds me of that horror movie poster....ah dang....it's on the tip of my tongue....

GAH!!  I'll come back when my brain engages and remembers.

Edited by macccyd, 08 December 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#35 macccyd

macccyd

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

ghost finder above :happy0194:

Edited by macccyd, 08 December 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#36 MarkLeecook

MarkLeecook

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Great find, thought it was one of the freakiest pictures I had ever seen but it's good to know that more times than not, there is a reasonable explanation!

#37 HEXraySpex

HEXraySpex

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

You'll find the image from this photo in the trailer for "Shutter" (horror film from a few years back) Go about :36 seconds in and you'll see it in a few frames. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eIxDl2-qnVs

#38 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Wow... I guess I never got back to this thread... I have now updated that photo page!  :)

Thanks everyone for your contribution in helping to solve this mystery! And a special thanks to Shawn and HEXraySpex!

Mystery Solved!

#39 NGhostStalkerY

NGhostStalkerY

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Jim@GhostStudy, on 07 September 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

This photo was submitted for the GhostStudy gallery on September 1st. I am planning on posting it in the photo gallery but would appreciate your thoughts first. I include David's comments about this photo below.

David's words...
"This picture was taken by the son of my niece, a 6 year old boy. The evening of august 17, 2012 the child played with his mom's mobile phone camera and started taking pictures in the dark randomly. After a few shots the mom took back the phone and asked the child to go to bed. The following day she  started to delete the pictures  and in one of the frames this is what she saw. Really creepy!"

The original photo
Posted Image

Slightly enhanced for better clarity
Posted Image

Photo rotated upright
Posted Image

I wrote David about my concerns and those that I knew the viewers would have with this photo and here is his response:

Thank you for responding to my e-mail.
1. No Photoshop was used because my niece is not a Photoshop user, unless she asked someone to do it for her.
2. I don't think there are lighting effects because it was taken only by a mobile phone and not DSLR high tech cameras unfortunately I do not know the model or brand of the phone. I will try to get more info on the phone.
3. The photo was transferred to my mobile phone via Bluetooth and from my phone to my computer then from my computer I sent it to your site.
4. You will also notice that the image is slightly inverted. We do not know the position of the camera, if it is on normal upright position or angled towards the ceiling. This probably means that the entity is not subject to our physical/natural laws like gravity.
5. The  photo was taken by her 6 year old son in a dark room (pitch black was the description she used).
5. Even before the picture was taken my niece said that she feels there's always someone watching them in their house.
6. For the privacy of the person I can only say the general location where the picture was taken. Quezon City, Philippines.

I am not a computer expert nor a Photoshop user. I too am curious as to the authenticity of the photo. As far as I know this picture is genuine by all means feel free to have it analyzed.
Thanks again, David

I guess that's it. Your comments would be appreciated before I post it to the gallery. My main concern would obviously be that it could be a superimposed image placed in the photo or a cell phone app. So, if anyone has seen a similar image on the web, please let me know and we'll compare.
Thank you!
Jim :Picture 541:

To well situated, defined, etc. just doesn't look right
Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.

-Havamal

#40 angelfire1639

angelfire1639

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:I love music, computer networking and programming, my family, and of course all things paramormal.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

It kind of looks like a creepy version of the man in the mirror from sleeping beauty/shrek movies.