© Fisana

Essential... How Essential Are You

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:49 AM

A lot of cities here in the US have gone to the "stay in a safe space" and only those businesses that have been deemed "essential" can remain open or allow a very small # of people to go in.

For example:  This is the "essential" list in TX.  

http://tdem.texas.go...entialservices/

I am still going to work.  There is a very small # of people in the engineering lab that I work in.  This lab would have at least 200 people in it on a normal day.  we are down to ~10 or so.  There is a nurse at the entrance of the building taking everyone's temperature before you can go past her into the building.  

Who here is an "essential" employee and still going to work?  There are much fewer cars on the roads.  But, i am still surprised to see how many there are on the road.  
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,424 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:12 AM

My job is hardly essential, but a moot point since we're able to work from home. I looked at your link, am I reading it right that churches/congregations are considered essential? If so, makes no sense, churches would be a large gathering of people in close quarters. Many churches are having their services online these days'
Posted Image

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:05 PM

Recently in Florida, a pastor ignored the order and the cops came in and shut it down because of the sheer numbers in the congregation. Churches are "essential" right now to SHUT DOWN otherwise they're a breeding ground. God helps those who help themselves. Faith has it's redeeming qualities as long as common sense is part of the system. Unfortunately faith and common sense don't walk the same path frequently enough.

In the last 2 weeks, I've now cancelled 3 visits to medical institutions. I really don't feel they are safe. They have guarding at the doors but no safeguards preventing those who walk in. Another issue comes from some not showing ANY symptoms whatsoever but they are still a carrier. I'm not trying to stir trouble, only I have to be VERY cautious with times right now. I've been living with a nasty respiratory ailment for over a decade and I fit into the elderly bracket . If I catch this nasty COVI9-19, I'll be added to the statistics. Anytime I go out with a mask, I return and my clothes go into the washer and I disinfect.

Stay safe friends and avoid the news. I wouldn't be surprised if they are aiding the suicide rates presently with the perpetual doom & gloom 24/7. Here's just a small example of panic the news routinely causes. This was posted today, "THE LATEST: 6-week-old baby from Hartford dies of coronavirus"

Edited by EVP, 01 April 2020 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:48 PM

I heard about the one in Florida!!

I agree EVP - wouldn't be going to the medical centres unless absolutely neccesary- we have some phone in appointments and online appointments running at the moment which will hopefully reduce that face to face interaction.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:36 PM

As earthly said we now have Tele health appointments so no need to have person to person appointments with doctors. There's also postal prescriptions. I haven't used either so can't say if they are reliable.

We still have a lot of shops open where they promote the social distance rule. I shopped this am with the essential workers. I don't think they know the SDR!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:44 AM

Just heard the government is bringing in free child care for anyone who needs it while the COVID-19 is active, I would say that is so essential workers are able to work!  They are also saying it is safe for children to go to school! Not sure how that works, I thought all schools were closing!
Posted Image

#7 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:33 AM

They are also saying it is safe for children to go to school!

That's like saying if I close my eyes as I walk across a busy street, I can't get hit by a vehicle because I can't see it. It defies the very basics of social distancing.

Edited by EVP, 02 April 2020 - 04:37 AM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:38 AM

Yes it is crazy. It's nearly as good as  Doctor Patel saying "Doctors don't carry germs" when he refused to wash his hands between patients! That didn't turn out well for the patients he treated!
Posted Image

#9 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

Well here's how it is in Carteret County NC. My  practice is deemed a necessity.  In my county NOT ONE EYE DOCTOR is seeing patients - only me. Now this- in part, is against board regulations.  If a practice is closed you must have another colleague cover your emergencies.  I have every room strictly sanitized between patients and have implemented telemedicine. Doctors carry germs - everyone carries germs. We must use common sense, if we're lax and don't take this seriously that will guarantee more cases and deaths.  I am disappointed that the doctors I've known for years, have ABANDONED their patients at this critical time.  I took an oath and will never do the same.  That's why I stay in private practice - because today I make my own calls.

#10 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth.
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:19 AM

Canada is pretty intense with fines, arrests and prison time for not following the new stay at home and distance yourself laws. Essential services was deemed over a week ago then yesterday that list got smaller. Now the kinda essential like pet food stores and home depot, etc are order online or the app and you pick it up curbside. The religious gatherings people have been doing it over streaming for weeks. The religious leader for that congregation does the ceremony or mass or ritual and does it in front of a camera. Schools here are switching slowly to online classrooms. I've seen alot of people who just don't care. They assume its not as bad as diarrhea stomach bugs which have been around for centuries or there healthy who cares..
I have a TBI so my life has been isolation for 8 years so it hasn't changed for me. However for many its too much and they can't remain home and want to go out and have parties, etc.
I have family who are working the 'front lines' and some that are legit essential services to keep the country going. They are being careful. I know some who had to leave their own little kids with others while they work the front lines to avoid their little ones getting ill. I have family with health problems too. And family in retirement homes that have high deaths even though they have been on only nurse and psw lock down for over 2 weeks now. They use Skype so we can be connected.
The EI unemployment insurance for the corvid version is so back-uped up people are low on money until its all figured out. People are pushing back mortgages, taxes and rent, etc.
And due to alot of drama stores that had to close are being broken into and robbed now.
Even home invasions are up which makes no sense if people are home now. One lady in my FB group for neighbourhood watch was at home watching tv when someone threw someone through their patio window, their house alarm went off and the person ran away.
Its insane. My friends in NJ its really bad there. Been trying to stay in contact same with other American friends of mine. I also have digital pen pals in other parts of the world telling me updates.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:51 AM

That is crazy scary! The Government is saying our curve is starting to go down I think there were 9 new cases today for our state bring it to a total of 907. People are pretty compliant so far, we are just starting to limit people's access into supermarkets as of tomorrow so that might change!
Posted Image

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

yes I think the supermarket thing changes for us in NSW today as well.

The numbers are going down thats for sure.... but it's also uncertain how long we will need to work remotely, and have these types of distancing practices in place, isn't it?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:55 AM

I went to the grocery store yesterday and found that it is almost back to normal.  oreo cookies were the one thing on y list that was not on the shelves.  I made due with other cookie options.

I am still working as an essential employee and they are making people go home and stay there if they dont practice 6' distancing all the time.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:57 AM

I went to work today, I am a perioperative nurse, for an "Education Day" at the private hospital. I found out the private sector is about to sign an agreement with the public/government. They will pay our wages so we cannot access the Job Keeper  payment (It is a fortnightly payment the government pays to eligible employers to pass onto their employees to secure their jobs and stay at home for 6 months) Our hopital will take up the overflow of patients from the public system.

Anyway until that happens our hospital has to remain productive so there might be a lot of cleaning ,education and re-skilling going on until we are needed. However, today I found out most people I work with are terrible at social distancing! I came home and showered and tried not to touch my own face for 6 hours while at work!

I have to go back next Wednesday I wonder what fun things I will be doing then!

I can get online priority contactless groceries home delivered;  so I am happy!
Posted Image