18 replies to this topic

#1 xpeterpx

xpeterpx

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:05 AM

Hi all
Just thought I would share this with you. My internal security camera only takes a snapshot when its activated by movement. To me looks like a nun looking to the side into the camera?
First post so I hope the link works

https://ibb.co/7n9BYZr

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:57 AM

Posted ImageLooks very strange  :yes: thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the boards
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 786 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:09 AM

It looks like a Nun to me, interesting capture.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,518 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:28 AM

Looks like an alien to me. I think it's likely something fell/blew by the camera and it snapped the motion
Posted Image

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,839 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 03 March 2021 - 03:51 PM

View Postxpeterpx, on 03 March 2021 - 01:05 AM, said:

Hi all
Just thought I would share this with you. My internal security camera only takes a snapshot when its activated by movement. To me looks like a nun looking to the side into the camera?
First post so I hope the link works

https://ibb.co/7n9BYZr

Please take 1 cell phone images from each corner of the room facing into the center, under good light and then post. Replication is a major aid in debunking.

Edited by EVP, 03 March 2021 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,085 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 04 March 2021 - 04:50 AM

To me it looks like the aliens in star wars that made the clone army
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 kevinscan

kevinscan

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 806 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 04 March 2021 - 02:40 PM

Could it  be an ornament or small statue on the left, close to the camera ( that's why it's out of focus )
The photo also has a checked pattern in the centre, this may have been coursed by the photo being taken through a netting / curtain. ( this may be why the camera detected movement (netting moving in a breeze).

Posted Image
Posted Image

"Normal is an illusion.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Charles Addams

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,518 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:35 AM

Good catch, Kevin. I just thought it was a blurry photo. If that's netting or a curtain, that could explain the 'figure', some of it bunching up or reflecting light. Even if not a curtain, the checked pattern is coming from something that, with the light coming through the window could also cause an illusion like this.

Hopefully the OP can explain more what's in the room and give more details on the square patterns, and take more photos of the area
Posted Image

#9 titch2k6

titch2k6

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:20 AM

View Postkevinscan, on 04 March 2021 - 02:40 PM, said:

The photo also has a checked pattern in the centre, this may have been coursed by the photo being taken through a netting / curtain. ( this may be why the camera detected movement (netting moving in a breeze).

Yes, good call Kevin. Was going to ask about the patern in the photo as well, but it is not just in the center - it extends across the entire image although harder to see on the RHS. My initial thought looking at it was the possibility of light through the netting on the window causing the effect, but quickly discounted this as it appears to be 'zoomed'. This then also led me to think that there was some kind of netting, or other fabric, in front of the camera.

The 'figure' certainly seems to be an integral part of the image. This is clearly observed through a B&C Analysis. You can clearly see the 'make-up' of the shape by the swirling plotted areas. There is also no pixel 'bleeding' and they all blend flawlessly throughout the image:

Posted Image

However, double exposure cannot also be ruled out at this point. The three main issues I have with the picture at this stage (sorry - I am an investigator and this is what I do............) are:
  • The obvious grid effect seen within the image
  • The contrasting tones, hue and saturation of the 'figure' in comparison to the surrounding area
  • The 'figure' is being affected by two light sources - one to the front (potentially the window) and one from the rear as is evident from the light areas seen upon the 'figure'
It certainly is an interesting capture, but is it paranormal? I think we are a little way off at present to make that asumption and would like to see additional evidence presented. As stated by EVP, I would like to see more images of the room from various different angles including a shot of the camera's location, make and model information (for researching any flaws noted in the model, capture parameters, etc - is this the IMOU Ranger 2 camera by any chance, or the Express One model?) and to know if there has been any other noted activity prior to, or post, capture.

Edited by titch2k6, 05 March 2021 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image

#10 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:53 PM

I would recommend to those interested parties to research the effects of wide angle lenses and the relationship with barrel distortion and pin cushioning which is a common byproduct in camera optics especially with wide/ultra-wide angle lenses.

I run across it on a regular basis and use Adobe Camera RAW to reduce the effects with lens correction profiles. Even mid-range and long lenses need to be corrected in post although the effects are less exaggerated.The effect is very obvious in this image as it bowed outward to the sides. Closer objects to the lens appear somewhat larger than they really are and objects further away look more distant. The center of the lens is closest to the least amount of distortion.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a computer gaming chair out of focus and exaggerated by distortion properties. The window shows the exact same effects except reversed.

Here's a diagram of what happens with these two types of distortion found most commonly with wide-angle lenses.

Posted Image

Here's one of my ultra-wide images shot at 16 mm on a full frame camera with applied lens correction. There's still plenty of distortion with the well on the left.

Posted Image

Edited by EVP, 05 March 2021 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#11 titch2k6

titch2k6

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 01:53 AM

Interesting information EVP. Thank you.

With your knowledge in digital imagery, are you aware of any reason for the checkered pattern seen in the image that may be caused by the equipment itself? Maybe something related to the CMOS sensor?
Posted Image

#12 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 10:46 AM

View Posttitch2k6, on 06 March 2021 - 01:53 AM, said:

Interesting information EVP. Thank you.

With your knowledge in digital imagery, are you aware of any reason for the checkered pattern seen in the image that may be caused by the equipment itself? Maybe something related to the CMOS sensor?

Titch, earlier you asked for information on make and model. That's a great starting point to work with. We really need to know those answers to properly address the issue. I don't believe the sensor is creating moire from overlaying patterns but it does appear to have more of an effect in the low contrast areas. I suspect under lower light conditions the patterns are a form of electrical interference possibly caused by poorly shielded components.

Imappriate electrical shielding seems to exist in low end electronics ranging from alarm clocks to digital recorders. A perfect example of this came from the notorious Panasonic RR-DR60 launched in the 90's claimed to be the best EVP recorder. It was nothing but poorly shielded as I believe we are seeing here.

Edited by EVP, 06 March 2021 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image

#13 xpeterpx

xpeterpx

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 04:08 PM

Hi guys. Not posted back as I knew this would be analyzised but by the better informed especially in a more in depth technical platform. Not my area but happy to confirm some enquiries on here in terms of the shot being taken from behind a net curtain ( common in the UK) by a basic Imou Ranger 2 wifi security camera which normally points out onto my driveway in terms of of covering the area of its intended use
My issue here is why the camera would revolve 360  degrees to back inside the room unprompted at the point of snapshot for no apparent reason concerns me.
Thanks to all for the feedback..

Edited by xpeterpx, 06 March 2021 - 04:17 PM.

#14 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for sharing the photo, please share more evidence with us if you have any! :)

Posted Image

#15 titch2k6

titch2k6

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:24 AM

View Postxpeterpx, on 06 March 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

Hi guys. Not posted back as I knew this would be analyzised but by the better informed especially in a more in depth technical platform. Not my area but happy to confirm some enquiries on here in terms of the shot being taken from behind a net curtain ( common in the UK) by a basic Imou Ranger 2 wifi security camera which normally points out onto my driveway in terms of of covering the area of its intended use
My issue here is why the camera would revolve 360  degrees to back inside the room unprompted at the point of snapshot for no apparent reason concerns me.
Thanks to all for the feedback..

WiFi cameras are a law unto themselves - I know, I have two covering my property. The slightest surge, or temporary loss, in supply voltage can reset the devices which makes them go through a reset cycle and the lens can be found in a completely different location than was set up.

They are also notorious for signal interference, lag and overlapping of feeds (i.e a shot can lag and be sent at the same time as a live feed giving a double image viewed as one). I got so fed up with this, that I ended up hard-wiring the cameras through RJ45 data cables, which I had the option of doing on the model we have alongside the WiFi connection, directly into our ehternet hub. All my video problems stopped after this, although I still get the occassional reset cycle.
Posted Image

#16 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:26 PM

really interesting discussion on this one! I like the capture it looks like an alien to me
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#17 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,705 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 25 March 2021 - 06:29 PM

Yes - very interesting.  I'd love any additional information or future activity that may be captured.
Posted Image

#18 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:28 PM

To me it looks like the back of a task chair with a headrest, which is in the up position. I'd be interested to know if there's a chair like that in the room.

This is what I'm thinking of: https://www.wayfair....QgaAkgWEALw_wcB

Edited by SarahB1863, 26 March 2021 - 06:30 PM.

#19 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:08 AM

Hi Sarah glad to see you and thanks for your suggestion :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter