Sleep Paralysis And Possession Dream

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sheeshabeesh

Sheeshabeesh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I love to draw, write and read short stories, poems (Sylvia Plath and Edgar Allen Poe <3 ), I like discussing paranormal things and reading peoples experiences. I'm obsessed with anything Halloween or Christmas.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

Okay. This is probably just a coincidence. But I felt I needed to share it anyway.

About a week ago I had a dream that I am struggling to get out of my mind.

I was standing in the carpeted hall way of my parents house, when all of a sudden I had fallen on to my back. I was being dragged by a unseeable force by one of my legs, into the living room. My mother was sitting on the couch and looked startled (as I believe anyone would be) when my whole body lifted off the ground and began to contract. I had no control whatsoever.
My mother kept telling me to say, "In the name of the lord Jesus Christ leave me be!" and I'd begun to say it, but as soon as I would get to Jesus, I couldn't get it past the letter J. I could literally not say Jesus, it was impossible. It was at that time I woke up and could not move my body. (Just imagine dreaming that you have no control over your body, and then waking up and literally not being able to move.) anywho, it was my first time ever running into problems with sleep paralysis. I've had incidences where I would sleep talk, and appear to be awake and propped up having conversations, but really being sleeping. I would literally have no recollection of it. I have a long history of weird dreams, but not the extent of sleep paralysis. It was so freaky. Has anyone else have something similar?

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:27 PM

Maybe it wasn't sleep paralysis.
And if that ever happens again.... you don't necessarily have to say... just boldly think it in your mind!   ;  )

Welcome to the forums, Sheeshabeesh!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Sleep paralysis is very common, but the possession thing is different...  Interesting dream :)

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#4 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hello and welcome to GS!!

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:57 PM

Hello Sheeshabeesh. :sign0016:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

I've been surfing and found this and it seems to fit so I'll not start another topic:

http://www.teemingbr...nate-dark-ones/

Hi!

I cannot remember my dreams and I've only had one bout of sleep paralysis that was really creepy.  It makes you wonder.  I stick my family in that room when they need a place to stay.

#7 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Talking in one's sleep, sleepwalking and sleep paralysis are all part of the same neurological glitch.  People who are prone to one are prone to all of them (although many, many people who have one never have either of the other two... I talk and have sleep paralysis but as far as I know I've never walked in my sleep).

I think, given the nature of the dream, that it's really likely your brain wrenched you awake before your body could come back online.  But, also, given the nature of the dream, that you should do what comes under your belief system to protect yourself at night.  Either it's going to help protect you from any potential entities or it's going to make you feel more secure and comfortable before going to bed so your brain doesn't do things like that to you again so it's a win-win situation.  If you're religious, pray that you be protected during your sleep.  If you're not, or if you're open to other ideas, take a bath in saltwater (you can throw a handful of kosher salt in the water... actually any salt except iodized table salt... you don't want the iodine in it partly because it makes it "not pure" and partly because the iodine can be absorbed through your skin and act as a laxative... don't use epsom salts for this same reason) or get one of those himalayan salt planks you cook on and a salt bar and stand on one, "soap" yourself with the other in the shower.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:50 PM

Very good counsel, Tantric.... I'm going to make note of it!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#9 Sheeshabeesh

Sheeshabeesh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I love to draw, write and read short stories, poems (Sylvia Plath and Edgar Allen Poe <3 ), I like discussing paranormal things and reading peoples experiences. I'm obsessed with anything Halloween or Christmas.

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:15 AM

Thank you everyone for the greetings and the advice! I will definitely be looking into ways to protect myself at night, just to be sure.

#10 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

I have always been a vivid dreamer- but sleep Paral. has been new these last 10 yrs or so. I tried the 'Jesus' thing too! My lips were just unmovable. Most sleep.p. are on the scary side for me- some being next to my bed & I see me & 'it', yet feel it all as well. Like in 2 places at the same time. The creepiest was hearing 'something' walking up stairs and into my bdrm, and having it be blackish purple with red eyes, just standing staring at me.

I think my own adrenaline woke me up on that one! When awake though, I just say-"K, 'etheric  thing' or just some 'common sleep issue' I have; all the same .... Whatever that was I saw, "go-to Light(god,angels, etc)..you don't have my permission to disturb me in my rest".  I still have these episodes, but now have gotten pretty vigilant about forcing myself to 'wake up'. I think it over & over in the dream, till my lips sorta move-then say to myself "wake up wake up wake up", till I do.

My best experience(least scary, though unmovable)..was a sleep.p.,  where I was paralyzed in bed in that yucky unmovable state-but there was an elderly fireman looking at me, next to my bed. His face was old old, but he was smiling kindly and he had a calmness-weirdly; and I woke up calm.

I've read a bunch on sleep paral., obviously since its common for me, but it still crosses the line for me between 'a common issue people have', & the completely encompassing feeling of 'whatever thing, or person or ghost looking thing' I get often during the episode. Perhaps you won't have any more sleep.p. experiences- and if you do....thankfully we have lots of resources to read about it, and this site too, too share on~ Wishing you peaceful dreams & rest : )
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users