16 replies to this topic

#1 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

So, I'm going through an evp session and I asked what it was like on the other side. I sniffled, but otherwise remained silent. Right after my sniffle, in my voice (unlike my voice it was wavering) said "Peace, my friend." I didn't say it, nor do I talk like that. I wouldn't have worded it that way at all. Again, no video to back me up so I won't bother posting it. Is it possible for a spirit to answer using my voice? If so, it's really unlucky because now I've no idea if it was me or not. Kicking myself for not getting video. I will next time for sure.

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

I have heard that sometimes spirits will mimic someone's voice. Never happened to me, but I have heard from others.
Posted Image

#3 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 14 July 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

I have heard that sometimes spirits will mimic someone's voice. Never happened to me, but I have heard from others.
Wondering if I should just go ahead and post it. Maybe there are signs of manipulation? This could also just be an important lesson to get video when I record. lol

#4 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

The question and answer https://instaud.io/15SC

Just the voice in question  https://instaud.io/15SD

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:45 AM

Wow now that is interesting and thanks for sharing :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

One of my favorite subjects....  Mimics and Doppelgangers are probably the most interesting part of the ghost spectrum for me :)

I'm definitely hearing the same voice.  I'm also hearing some sort of static in the middle of the audio clip, which could mean that the spirit is trying to get energy from your recorder to make his/her voice heard.  The static starts around 18 seconds and it almost sounds like a flickering sound.

Great catch, Mikaru!

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#7 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

You should definitely run some type of video recording at the same time or atleast another audio recorder 'cuz it's loud enough that it might not be an EVP so much as just captured audio that you didn't hear :yes:
- siguie -

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 15 July 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

One of my favorite subjects....  Mimics and Doppelgangers are probably the most interesting part of the ghost spectrum for me :)

I'm definitely hearing the same voice.  I'm also hearing some sort of static in the middle of the audio clip, which could mean that the spirit is trying to get energy from your recorder to make his/her voice heard.  The static starts around 18 seconds and it almost sounds like a flickering sound.

Great catch, Mikaru!

I think anything is possible I once saw my partner walk to the toilet when I was walking down to our room; I was surprised to see he was still in bed fast asleep. At no time did he walk back to the bed so I don't know who or what went to the toilet :confused0068:

So maybe it's not that strange to hear your own voice!
Posted Image

#9 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

I personally don't believe it sounds like your voice. There are only two syllables murmured and I don't think that's enough to make an accurate determination.The equipment law enforcement uses in making an accurate determination of a voice print cost thousands of dollars and isn't readily available to Joe public.

The two syllable word doesn't exhibit the characteristics of an anomaly and has a frequency response similar to a human voice. The dominant portion starts around 5000 Hz and extends above the bitrate of the file.It's possible it's bleeding from a prior recording that you erased. Again this is an my opinion, and I'm not always correct.

I agree with siguie that multiple recording devices need to be used when conducting a session. If two devices pick up the same anomaly, it's usually a strong indication of EMF produced by radio waves, uhf, vhf, short waves, television interference etc.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of real time monitoring because you're missing the chance of real communication. Without monitoring, you might as well make a phone call to a friend, put the receiver down and walk away. It's not communication if you aren't prepared to talk back if an anomaly is recorded and listen real-time. I know you have a good recorder capable of monitoring and a pair of headphones. Unless of course you were monitoring and I missed that part. If I did, I apologize for assuming.

Two last comments. I like the question you asked even though you don't hold much regard for the pioneers of EVP research. The question you asked "What's it like on the other side?" was the first question Sarah Estep asked receiving an answer. That was her "breakthrough" question into EVP research.

My last words consist of what I hear of the answer in question. I heard something used commonly in a vernacular nature. The answer I hear is: a**h**e. Your mileage may vary.

As to whether I have ever heard what appeared to be my voice. Once I was a conducting an EVP session with a new group of people. I explained that the session would be passive and asked all those to sit and remain perfectly still and quiet. This passive session lasted about 5 minutes. I was unable to listen real-time with the recorder I had in use. It was very inexpensive and it was before real-time monitoring was implemented as a standard feature commonly found today. When I reviewed the audio the following day, about 2 minutes into the passive session I heard a voice that strikingly sounded like mine yet I was adamantly silent throughout the session. Much like my analyis of yours, I was unable to verify but still found it interesting that the vocal qualities were eerily similar to my own voice.

Another time, a joint investigation took place with three teams in a residual investigation. In one segment, there was a voice that repeated the question of the investigator during the brief silences between questions. Generally speaking the cadence and rhythm of anomalies I have found in my research doesn't have characteristics readily found in human speech. Nonetheless, mimics do share tangents to those that imitate others.

Edited by EVP, 16 July 2017 - 06:41 AM.

Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#10 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

View PostEVP, on 15 July 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

I personally don't believe it sounds like your voice. There are only two syllables murmured and I don't think that's enough to make an accurate determination.The equipment law enforcement uses in making an accurate determination of a voice print cost thousands of dollars and isn't readily available to Joe public.

The two syllable word doesn't exhibit the characteristics of an anomaly and has a frequency response similar to a human voice. The dominant portion starts around 5000 Hz and extends above the bitrate of the file.It's possible it's bleeding from a prior recording that you erased. Again this is an my opinion, and I'm not always correct.

I agree with siguie that multiple recording devices need to be used when conducting a session. If two devices pick up the same anomaly, it's usually a strong indication of EMF produced by radio waves, uhf, vhf, short waves, television interference etc.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of real time monitoring because you're missing the chance of real communication. Without monitoring, you might as well make a phone call to a friend, put the receiver down and walk away. It's not communication if you aren't prepared to talk back if an anomaly is recorded and listen real-time. I know you have a good recorder capable of monitoring and a pair of headphones. Unless of course you were monitoring and I missed that part. If I did, I apologize for assuming.

Two last comments. I like the question you asked even though you don't hold much regard for the pioneers of EVP research. The question you asked "What's it like on the other side?" was the first question Sarah Estep asked receiving an answer. That was her "breakthrough" question into EVP research.

My last words consist of what I hear of the answer in question. I heard something used commonly in a vernacular nature. The answer I hear is: a**h**e. Your mileage may vary.

As to whether I have ever heard what appeared to be my voice. Once I was a conducting an EVP session with a new group of people. I explained that the session would be passive and asked all those to sit and remain perfectly still and quiet. This passive session lasted about 5 minutes. I was unable to listen real-time with the recorder I had in use. It was very inexpensive and it was before real-time monitoring was implemented as a standard feature commonly found today. When I reviewed the audio the following day, about 2 minutes into the passive session I heard a voice that strikingly sounded like mine yet I was adamantly silent throughout the session. Much like my analyis of yours, I was unable to verify but still found it interesting that the vocal qualities were eerily similar to my own voice.

Another time, a joint investigation took place with three teams in a residual investigation. In one segment, there was a voice that repeated the question of the investigator during the brief silences between questions. Generally speaking the cadence and rhythm of anomalies I have found in my research doesn't have characteristics readily found in human speech. Nonetheless, mimics do share tangents to those that imitate others.
Thank you for taking the time to listen and share your experiences. I asked that question because I finally broke down and read the book by Sarah Estep that you shared with me.
I'm learning to become more prepaired and I do use two recorders. I honestly foreget that I can listen to the recording as I'm making it. lol
Now that this happened, I'm using video to monitor myself as well.
I'm warming up to those with more experience than I, such as yourself. I've also been reading about Raudive, and listened to some of his recordings on youtube.
I'm really not against advice, I just get stubborn sometimes. I came crashing into this head first not knowing anything, and after a time, still realizing that I have much to learn.
I will always welcome your input because you tell the truth of it. If I'm wrong, you'll tell me. If I actually caught something, you'll say so. I may not agree with everything but I do respect you.
Thank you again.

#11 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Mikaru, I'm very proud of your response. Very proud. I see you have grown quickly and your path will allow you to achieve greatness. For the record I prefer to have some passive debate in disagreement even though I appear rather stoic at times. It's from alternative thinking, I grow as well. Contact me any time you like. I'm honored.
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#12 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 15 July 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I think anything is possible I once saw my partner walk to the toilet when I was walking down to our room; I was surprised to see he was still in bed fast asleep. At no time did he walk back to the bed so I don't know who or what went to the toilet :confused0068:

So maybe it's not that strange to hear your own voice!

I've definitely heard stories like that.  I remember reading one about this older couple who saw their very young grandson in their living room twice in one day.  Problem was, he lived 900 miles away.  I guess that could also be considered astral travel...  But I haven't read anything quite like that story.

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#13 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

OH now that is an interesting take ... I wonder if Klainey's better half was dreaming / astral projecting a desire to go to the loo :yes: or I guess the other possibility is a residual haunting of having gone and done the same thing so frequently it just got imprinted ... maybe ... :Picture 562:
- siguie -

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

LOL, I am the better half :D

Yes, I asked him if he wanted to go to the loo but he said 'NO'! It was definitely strange and gave me the same feeling when the red belly black snake came out of the ensuite shower drain.

Everyone asked what had I been drinking (joking around)  We boiled up the jug, thinking if there was a snake it would move away from the hot water and outside ( I was getting ribbed because I was the only one to see it)  Not until a terrible smell and a week later did the DEAD snake wash out into the floor waste :yucky:
Posted Image

#15 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

"Peace Within" That's what I hear. That's pretty awesome man. It would make sense that a response like that would be said as well. That's what we all hope it's like on the other side, right?

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#16 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:51 AM

View PostRoxstar, on 05 August 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

"Peace Within" That's what I hear. That's pretty awesome man. It would make sense that a response like that would be said as well. That's what we all hope it's like on the other side, right?
Good ears!
Definitely hope it's like that on the other side.
Would you be interested in posting more of your stuff?

#17 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

View PostMikaru, on 08 August 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

Good ears!
Definitely hope it's like that on the other side.
Would you be interested in posting more of your stuff?
Thank You, and I hope that's what is said. Either way, it's a positive message for sure. Last night I did a spirit box session, well really, I was so busy that I handed it to my sister and she did the majority. I didn't record it though. We got a lot of intelligent responses, especially when i brought my dog out to say hi. They were calling him beautiful and everything very clearly. They seem to love animals, at least the ones that communicate with us here. I have to encourage bringing them in to sessions at points because it seems to get them excited. I did record about 10 minutes of just me with the recorder and I got one or two good ones in 10 minutes or so. I'll post them as soon as I can.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users