• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

I'm posting this here because maybe there are other people that are new to this and might learn along with me.

How exactly do spirits manipulate our recorders to "speak"?

What difference does it make to use dynamic mics vs.condensor when I can capture evps on both?

Why do paranormal investigators intentionally use or fall for audio matrixing?

Why don't the more experienced researchers post evps on this forum with a little back story to teach and encourage the new people? I want to hear recordings from people I trust.

I partially agree with your teaching about listening to evps only 3 times. I understand where you're going with this but when I listen to my recordings, I get suprized by them. I end up listening to them only 5 times. Don't worry, I don't believe everything I think I hear. lol

Do spirits have to learn how to communicate through our recorders? I ask because sometimes I either get static like grunting noises or voices lost in the noise floor.

How could we help the spirits speak louder and clearly? Is that even possible?

I find a lot of paranormal investigator talk way too much, don't wait for answers, hold their recorders while recording,and even walk around creating noise. This is more of a gripe than a question. I'm so tired of watching these guys. Not naming anybody but TV and YouTube.

I believe that white and other types of noise, ie. pink, brown, etc. can help spirits communicate but can also worsen matrixing. Have you found a solution?

I have a lot more to ask but I'll leave it at this for now. Anyone is free to answer. I just want to learn.
My Signature

#2 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:07 AM

Hmm... No takers? I did say anyone could answer...
My Signature

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

I've never done EVP's, so I can't help you.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

It maybe the subject line. "Questions for Evp"

I looks it as you directed it toward evp (the member here)
My Signature

#5 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:02 AM

Question: How exactly do spirits manipulate our recorders to "speak"?

There isn’t a proven answer to this question but there is evidence that magnetic properties/EMF can in fact give influencing results. There has been cases where a microphone has purposely been removed from an analogue recorder (magnetic tape) yet anomalous snippets have been recorded.

Lloyd Auerbach (parapsychologist) has conducted studies where powerful magnets have been placed in notable hotspots and the activity has changed/altered as a result.

Question: What difference does it make to use dynamic mics vs. condenser when I can capture evps on both?

Studies have been performed using a Bell Jar apparently shielded by a “faraday cage”. EVP has been recorded and EMF has manifested inside the shielded area. This points to the audio snippet comprising low level EMF without sound properties because they were recorded in a vacuum.

Dynamic microphones have a physical voice coil suggesting the low level EMF is stimulating the voice coil allowing a physical recording. This would also point to another reason why EVP is not heard at the time of recording because it is not sound based rather EMF based.

Sound based phenomena is best picked up by condenser microphones because phantom powered tends to be far more sound based sensitive than dynamic microphones. Some investigators claim that condensers cannot pick up EVP because they lack a voice coil found in a dynamic. My own studies suggest this might be false. It’s speculation because there could be an alternative access point. EVP recordings could be using the magnetic properties of tapes as previously mentioned.

Question: Why do paranormal investigators intentionally use or fall for audio matrixing?

Unfortunately, you have investigators that are true believers and are unwilling to apply natural explanation or investigate natural explanations for mundane events. They simply want to validate their own belief systems without employing critical thinking.

Question: Why don't the more experienced researchers post EVP’s on this forum with a little back-story to teach and encourage the new people? I want to hear recordings from people I trust.

I can only speak for myself. I have posted EVP’s on this forum with a link to them with a back-story. I must admit, I throw out questionable samples or snippets that are impossible or difficult to interpret. The majority of captures are Class B/C” and every one hears something different. I would rather not waste too much time with a thousand interpretations. It seems counter-productive.

I only have a handful of examples where one can point to it being truly anomalous. When I do not receive fully articulated meaningful words to questions asked or have a snippet that is not personal, one has to be critical and offer alternative explanations such as AM/FM/UHF/VHF/Cellphone/Ham Radio/Shortwave etc. as an origin.

I consider myself an educator in the field but will be the first to admit, all of my studies, speculations and experiences are not definitive. I have performed a number of speaking engagements in the past.

Despite the paranormal suggesting they are a community, they continue to work in parity instead of unity. Many shelter their studies without revealing for a vast number of reasons.

Another difficulty lies with investigation not administering protocols, control methods and repeat hypothesis based experimentation. There is a lack of education in this field and it is without wonder the scientific community views us as nothing more than a pseudoscience.

Question: I partially agree with your teaching about listening to evps only 3 times. I understand where you're going with this but when I listen to my recordings, I get surprised by them. I end up listening to them only 5 times. Don't worry, I don't believe everything I think I hear. Lol.

Further studies would aid you into the term “cognitive bias” and the failures associated.

Question: Do spirits have to learn how to communicate through our recorders? I ask because sometimes I either get static like grunting noises or voices lost in the noise floor.

I cannot even begin to speculate whether they need to learn how to communicate through a recorder. We have spoken at length about establishing a handshake by recording at specified times. Estep covers that topic in her first book.

Question: How could we help the spirits speak louder and clearly? Is that even possible?

Another enigma I have no answer to. Maybe it is relatable to the handshake methodology.

Question/Rant: I find a lot of paranormal investigator talk excessively, don't wait for answers, hold their recorders while recording, and even walk around creating noise. This is more of a gripe than a question. I'm so tired of watching these guys. Not naming anybody but TV and YouTube.

I have been A-Retentive about this subject for years and in fact refused to review recording because of the contamination. Establishing good habits/protocols are essential in this field.

I run a passive and interactive session when recording usually lasting no more than 10 minutes at a time. When conducting Q&A’s I always leave 30 seconds between question unless I hear an answer while monitoring in which I will further explore.

Remember the majority of investigators are looking for a pinch in the dark and are not willing to put in the time/work necessary to succeed. I can’t even begin to tell you how many recruits have dropped out of investigations our team has conducted usually repeating the same words, “This is a lot of work!!”

The television audience needs to discern between paranormal investigation and paranormal entertainment. Far too many investigators role model parnanormal entertainment as a legitmate methodology. I mostly avoid these shows, as they tend to create stress and frustration. I run out of prozak quickly in 30-60 minutes.

Question: I believe that white and other types of noise, ie. pink, brown, etc. can help spirits communicate but can also worsen matrixing. Have you found a solution?

Yes, play the noise disks 10 minutes prior to the recording and shut them off before you start the session. I see them as a catalyst. Some believe they feed off the frequencies.

My studies indicate brown noise being the least successful, pink noise with a more positive result and white noise being a little aggressive. I have several other disks I have used besides the basic three that are generated in audio programs such as Adobe Audition.

I have used a very AGGRESSIVE “chrome disk”. In my opinion, it borders on verbal taunting which I do not approve of. On several occasions, things activated in a rather unexplained and undesired way. That is  another long dissertation saved for another time.

Sorry for the late edit...I often have to revise to obtain proper articulation and conveyance of thought. I appreciate this board allowing me really late revisions.

Edited by EVP, 03 August 2017 - 10:07 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#6 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,693 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Great information, EVP!
My Signature
Posted Image

#7 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:12 AM

Thank you EVP! I'll have more questions in the future.
My Signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com