#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

Posted Image
  • If you are posting an EVP recording first post an original with NO enhancements {additional enhanced recordings are fine}

• If you believe you know what is being said put that text between SPOILER tags {explained in detail below}

• EVERYONE should post what they believe is being said between spoiler tags {so as not to bias others reading the threads}

• File names should not represent the alleged content offered for analysis.
Spoiler Tags

Are BBC tags that hide anything between them until a reader chooses to show the text by clicking on the "SHOW" link. What you have written will be hidden between the Spoiler code. This provides everyone reading the thread an opportunity to make an unbiased assessment of the material being presented.

Spoiler

The tags themselves are just the word "spoiler" placed in square brackets with a slash "/" in the end tag. Altogether it looks something like this
Posted Image
The easiest thing to do is just type them out and put your text in between but you can also use the drop down menus and here's how:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Other Useful Links:

Audacity is a free Audio Editing Program and can be downloaded here Audio hosting sites
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,222 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

Klainey... can you say that one more time, accept this time, say it really slow.  :wacko:

I'll give it a try.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 23 August 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:23 AM

Yo ghostghurl  this is a job for code tags :yes:

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Oh and it's click the Show Link it's not a tag :no:

You can also call it a "button" but it doesn't depress and is really just an image link :yes:
- siguie -

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:45 AM

View Postsiguie, on 24 August 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

Yo ghostghurl  this is a job for code tags :yes: Roger that!

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Oh and it's click the Show Link it's not a tag :no: fixed

You can also call it a "button" No LOL but it doesn't depress and is really just an image link :yes:

Hey siguie, be useful and point me to the thread you posted on making an old mob. phone into a security camera LOL!!

Jim what siguie is saying is right just use this

[spoiler]add your text or image here between the brackets [/spoiler]

Posted Image

#6 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 24 August 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

Hey siguie, be useful and point me to the thread you posted on making an old mob. phone into a security camera LOL!!

Why would I start a topic for something so trivially oblivious?

Just use Tasker :yes:

If you didn't already write a Tasker script to eXtend your battery life {my phone went from 8 hours to 4 days though on the 3rd day it will email/text me "Feed ME Seymour"} you may want to run with the phone plugged in. Also be sure to turn your phones hidden Developer Mode ON.

Oh if you haven't already rooted your phone now would be a great time :yes: You can do oodles more with it. Like ad hoc wifi streaming and sensor alerts.

For the lazy tech mugglers just go to your phones app supplier and search for old phone security camera or some such.

Here's a CNET link I Googled https://www.cnet.com...ecurity-camera/

There are a bazillion ways to do this BUT nothing beats writing you're own code Srsly :no:
- siguie -

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

View Postsiguie, on 24 August 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Why would I start a topic for something so trivially oblivious?

LOL, I thought you wrote something in one of the posts. Not that you made a new thread :wallbash: on the topic :crazy:  

Just use Tasker :yes: What to make your phone a security camera?

If you didn't already write a Tasker script to eXtend your battery life Are you talking about getting tasker to turn things off ? Then yes I did that :) {my phone went from 8 hours to 4 days though on the 3rd day it will email/text me "Feed ME Seymour"} LOL you may want to run with the phone plugged in. Also be sure to turn your phones hidden Developer Mode ON.

Oh if you haven't already rooted your phone now would be a great time :yes: You can do oodles more with it. Like ad hoc wifi streaming and sensor alerts.

For the lazy tech mugglers just go to your phones app supplier and search for old phone security camera or some such.

Here's a CNET link I Googled https://www.cnet.com...ecurity-camera/

There are a bazillion ways to do this BUT nothing beats writing you're own code Srsly :no:

Posted Image

#8 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:37 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 24 August 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

Just use Tasker :yes:What to make your phone a security camera?

Um yeah it just depends what you want to do. :yes:

Mostly I use sensor triggers ... like EMF spikes to set off alerts, take a picture or start a run of time lapse photos. BUT I've also used motion sensing to trigger alarms {aka play music}, vibration sensors to turn on video streaming.

I don't recommend doing a continuous wifi video stream like you might for a cctv camera but it's doable if you want to use Tasker to start various streaming apps.

If you want you can even use "push notifications" to coordinate app activation. For instance have a trigger First send a text message to your receiving phone with a trigger code that sets an autoconnect Tasker script to go off.

In any event what you can do depends on your code foo and the capabilities of your phone{s}.

IF you root your phone{s} I highly recommend SetCPU for Root Users this is an app that is great by itself and well worth $2 :yes: BUT if you create a custom kernel for your device that allows for voltage control AND you have Tasker you can do truly AMAZING things :yes:

FYI: However it is kind of important that you actually know what you are doing AND have some idea of what your phone/tablets hardware can actually handle.

SetCPU lets me OverClock the CPU when I need eXtra powerPosted Image or put the thing on life support when I want it conserving power AND you can create different "profiles" for various scenarios.

Pro TIP: If you OverClock  be sure and set a Max Temp Emergency shutdown limit. Also rooting automagically voids your warranty AND it is possible to fry your phone and I mean that "literally" not figuratively :no:

In any event try turning off bluetooth and wifi and see how much longer your battery lasts. Then try turning off all of the stoopid apps that you wont use until something else triggers it like SwiftKey or Amazon and you will get even more battery life. Also try setting your screen for night view illumination the auto intensity is usually brighter than people need OR ... basically the list just goes on and on.

I never just sat down and said now I'm going to make my phone AWESOME ... I just kept doing thangs to it, some tweaking here and a little change there and it evolved into what it is now :yes: Sometimes things don't work and sometimes you are just surprised that it did. This isn't rocket surgery, phones are just pocket sized computers how hard can it be to make it do what you want ... sometimes not very :no:
- siguie -

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:12 AM

Thanks siguie the security camera isn't for me. I was thinking of members having haunting problems and a cheap alternative
:yes:
Posted Image

#10 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Oh yeah then easiest option is google "turn your phone into a security camera" or just follow that CNET link :yes:

I recommend Tasker and setting the EMF, Vibration and Proximity triggers to set off either the camera to take a photo OR an audio recording app to collect like a minute of audio or sumthin :yes:

PLUS don't fergetz old laptops which can easily be made to do the same :yes:

Another thing people may not be aware of is you can often plug a wifi camera into a computer, laptop, tablet or even some phones and have the "webcam" function as a security camera :yes:

For those with DSLRs there's always time lapse mode :yes:

Oh and back to EVPs don't forget many even inexpensive recorders have automagical audio record at certain sound volumes. I think it's for people dictating AND there are a couple of apps that have it too :yes:
- siguie -

#11 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

We should probably have a thread for useful phone apps BUT since we don't people may want to try searching for "motion sensor" at their app providers and get something like Motion Sensor + ... Apparently it senses motion and records images. I haven't tried it BUT if I couldn't get better results with Tasker that's something I would consider :yes:

Edited by siguie, 25 August 2017 - 01:45 PM.

- siguie -

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoiler, EVP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users