• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

#1 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

Yo Klainey ... I was gonna pm you this but I figured it was easir just to write it out here while I'm around ... Don't write about spoilers :no: think of this from a newbs perspective ... they want to know how to present their recording and probably have no idea what "spoiler tags" are so do something like actual instructions and just incorporate your spoiler tag blah blah blah :yes:

For Example ...

Electronic Voice Phenomena {EVP} are frequently difficult to discern requiring amplification or other enhancements to make intelligible, So unless you are presenting a Class A EVP, which requires no enhancements of any kind to easily understand, either Do NOT post what you think is being said OR preferably use spoiler tags.

Spoiler tags are BBC tags that hide anything between them until a reader chooses to click on it. This provides everyone the opportunity to make an unbiased assessment of the material being presented.

People responding to an EVP post should likewise put what they believe is being said in spoiler tags so as not to bias others atleast until a consensus has been reached.

{Insert Klainies How to Spoil Tags diy}

Klainey now add other important carp for EVPresentations { <= new terminology by siguie shortstrider all rights reserved :th_evil:} like type of device that recorded the thang, time of day other peoples present, other equipment, location etc.

Also good places to post recordings since that is often a problem for newbs.

Throw in a final warning about Annalysa being a harsh mistress into whips, chains and hurt feelings Posted Imageand they should start off a post with "NO Analysis" pleading if they are not into the kinky hard stuff :yes:

After that Lock the post iffen you don't want anyone replying then Pin it so it stays at the top of the subforum index.

By the way this forum is titled "EVP – Electronic Voice Phenomenon ( Brand New )" it should prolly oughta be PhenomenA ... which for the other hemispherically engrish challenged ... phemomena is the plural of phemomenon ... just sayin.

Oh and feel free to use none, some or ALL that I wrote here, then delete the post. Also no siguie brand attributions :no: I have standards to uphold :yes: ... admittedly very low standards but they are mine :bunny:
My Signature
- siguie -

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Good information siguie.  By the way, you always crack me up. :lol:
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

He is a crack up for sure MacC ;)
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,693 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

You left out how to use spoiler tags. I didn't know we even had that option here
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

Thanxz ladies!  :D

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 14 August 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

You left out how to use spoiler tags. I didn't know we even had that option here

Yeah well Klainey is slooooowly writing up the how to instructins :yes:

Take a look at  http://www.paranorma...showtopic=44766

People should join in and help her :yes:

So that said ...

Electronic Voice Phenomena {EVP} are frequently difficult to discern and often require amplification or other enhancements to make them intelligible.

Good start :yes: Now MOVE that Audacity nonsense to the bottom and go through something like a bullet point or numerical list procedure ...
  • If you are posting an EVP recording first post an original with NO enhancements {additional enhanced recordings are fine}

• If you believe you know what is being said put that text between SPOILER tags {explained in detail below}

• EVERYONE should post what they believe is being said between spoiler tags!

• other stuff ...
Next Do NOT use phrases like "consider using" :no: go with "please use" DO NOT give people a sense of choice they will do as you say or elsePosted Image

Anywho the trick is to make the process as short and easy as possible don't go all explainy if you don't have to and put the tl;dr stuff near the top ... you could just start off with ...
  • If you are posting an EVP recording first post an original with NO enhancements {additional enhanced recordings are fine}

• If you believe you know what is being said put that text between SPOILER tags {explained in detail below if you need help}

• other stuff ...
Think of it as a quick start option that most people are going to do 'cuz reading ins't as important to them as posting their recording :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#6 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

View Postsiguie, on 14 August 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yeah well Klainey is slooooowly writing up the how to instructins :yes:

People should join in and help her :yes:

So that said ...

Good start :yes: Now MOVE that Audacity nonsense to the bottom and go through something like a bullet point or numerical list procedure ...

• If you believe you know what is being said put that text between SPOILER tags {explained in detail below}

• other stuff ...
Next Do NOT use phrases like "consider using" :no: go with "please use" DO NOT give people a sense of choice they will do as you say or elsePosted Image

Anywho the trick is to make the process as short and easy as possible don't go all explainy if you don't have to and put the tl;dr stuff near the top ... you could just start off with ...

• If you believe you know what is being said put that text between SPOILER tags {explained in detail below if you need help}

• other stuff ...
Think of it as a quick start option that most people are going to do 'cuz reading ins't as important to them as posting their recording :yes:

and to all that... file names should not represent the alleged content.
My Signature

#7 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostCDS, on 14 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Very good point
My Signature
Posted Image

#8 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

View Postsiguie, on 14 August 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yeah well Klainey is slooooowly writing up the how to instructins I am :yucky:
I have the flu it is winter here and it sucks!

People should join in and help her :yes: Happy for any members advice :)

So that said ...

• other stuff ...
Next Do NOT use phrases like "consider using" :no: go with "please use" DO NOT give people a sense of choice they will do as you say or elsePosted Image you are a hard task master!

Anywho the trick is to make the process as short and easy as possible don't go all explainy if you don't have to and put the tl;dr What's this? " tl;dr"  you know I am not good at acronyms LOL stuff near the top ... you could just start off with ...

• other stuff ...

and to all that... file names should not represent the alleged content. Very good point

My Signature
Posted Image

#9 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

Ooooh yeah :yes: ya see that's why people who actually do EVPs should be swarming this post ... the better the instructions are the less annoying the newb EVPs will be :yes:

TL;DR means Too Lazy; Didn't Read ... aka put the important stuff at the top, and make it short. Do all of the explanations later 'cuz most people wont read it anyways :no:

Edited by siguie, 14 August 2017 - 11:22 PM.

My Signature
- siguie -

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:22 AM

View Postsiguie, on 14 August 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Ooooh yeah :yes: ya see that's why people who actually do EVPs should be swarming this post ... the better the instructions are the less annoying the newb EVPs will be :yes:

TL;DR means Too Lazy; Didn't Read ... aka put the important stuff at the top, and make it short. Do all of the explanations later 'cuz most people wont read it anyways :no:
Posted Image
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

I have made some improvements can you guys tell me if you can understand it ok

Well it is mostly what you wrote Siguie :whistling:  so no cheek !

here it is
My Signature
Posted Image

#12 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:20 AM

I'm guilty of the file name disasters. I'll work on that.

Spoiler

My Signature

#13 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

View PostMikaru, on 15 August 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

I'm guilty of the file name disasters. I'll work on that.

Spoiler

You do a great job....LOL love the spoiler :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

#14 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 15 August 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

I have made some improvements can you guys tell me if you can understand it ok

Well it is mostly what you wrote Siguie :whistling:  so no cheek !

here it is

I would add your other carp back and or actually explain that the tags are just the word "spoiler" in square brackets with the end tag having a slash / BUT many people will prefer the drop down menu :yes:

Now add a divider with words like "Useful Links" or other helpful carp :yes:

Then change "Audible" to "Audio" and you can start working on your next task Posted Image

Oh and what no warning about Annalysa you will displease herPosted Image

Edited by siguie, 15 August 2017 - 02:31 PM.

My Signature
- siguie -

#15 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

View Postsiguie, on 15 August 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

I would add your other GOOD STUFF back and or actually explain that the tags are just the word "spoiler" in square brackets with the end tag having a slash / BUT many people will prefer the drop down menu :yes: I thought you said short and simple. OK I will put it back. Glad I saved them!

Now add a divider with words like "Useful Links" or other helpful Stuff :yes: Ok

Then change "Audible" to "Audio" and you can start working on your next task Posted Image Ok REMEMBER not well here!

Oh and what no warning about Annalysa you will displease her
Spoiler

:confused0068:

My Signature
Posted Image

#16 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Yes, short and simple for the key points and actual instructions :yes: However, some people are new to forum life and will have no clue what tags and BBC stuff is  heck some long term member ... apparently even admins and mods had no clue there were spoiler tags here ... srsly what's up with that :Picture 562:

People who know what spoiler tags are will just ignore the explanation which is fine AND why you put it towards the end :yes:

Spoiler

My Signature
- siguie -

#17 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

Spoiler

Now back on topic.... I think it looks and explains it all now http://www.paranorma...showtopic=44766
My Signature
Posted Image

#18 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

Spoiler

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 15 August 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Now back on topic.... I think it looks and explains it all now http://www.paranorma...showtopic=44766

Yeah k ... change "{so as not to bias others reading the post}" to "{so as not to bias others reading the thread}"

Do Aussies really talk like this? "You can write what you hear here and it be hidden ..." most places with higher edjumication would say sumthin likes "... it will be hidden..." but I tries not to judge others with vastly inferior engrish skillz.

"The above is a "Spoiler Tag". It shows or hides text!" Actually NO the above ... ya noes over there ... is a "spoiler" it's what the tags do.

How about sumthin likes ...

Spoiler Tags

The tags themselves are just the word "spoiler" placed in square brackets with a slash "/" in the end tag. All together it looks something like this.

Posted Image

The easiest thing to do is just type them out and put your text in between but you can also use the drop down menus and here's how in eXcruciating detail ...

Yeah and yer gonna wanna lose "OR...If you are a die hard coder write up your own spoiler tag   ;)" ... that doesn't mean what you think it means ... Srsly look up xml coding ... baby steps

Honestly what you have now is good enough for government werk so I say ship it :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

:lol:
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 16 August 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

:lol:

Yes, I agree "laughable" :yes:  She should prolly oughta just start over from scratch ... K Klainey this time more better  Posted Image

Spoiler

My Signature
- siguie -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com